DLC Discussion Thread: Season 9 Kick-Off!

Comments

• Oof, two songs that are a straight up no from me off the bat isn't a good sign!
  • DLC is up on XB1, some interesting info about the spotlight pass:
    - 11 songs
    - Natural is part of the spotlight pass despite not being spotlight this week (maybe it's spotlight in a later week?)

Natural is not part of the Spotlight Pass on the PSN UK store. So there's a mistake somewhere.
  • jkald said:

DLC is up on XB1, some interesting info about the spotlight pass:
    - 11 songs
    - Natural is part of the spotlight pass despite not being spotlight this week (maybe it's spotlight in a later week?)

Natural is not part of the Spotlight Pass on the PSN UK store. So there's a mistake somewhere.
    Does it say 11 songs in the description?
  • jkald said:

- 11 songs

It does.

The forum announcement also doesn't say that Natural is part of it.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 29
    jkald said:

jkald said:

- 11 songs

It does.

We'll just have to wait and see which is right, either way an 11 pack for the price of a 9 pack is interesting.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

jkald said:

jkald said:

- 11 songs

It does.

We'll just have to wait and see which is right, either way an 11 pack for the price of a 9 pack is interesting.
    Think it tells us the pack will be similar to the quality of last season’s pass, filled with more offbrand acts and RBN retreads.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

11 songs for $15 is hard to pass on.

Agreed: sold!
    It's a better deal than any of the new Sampler Packs, right?
    And yes, the collection of songs in this Spotlight Pass is pretty much guaranteed to be Less Epic than those in any of those Sampler Packs, but still: price of RB DLC rarely varies by "quality".

[unless you are counting the Free Rivals songs?]
    [I feel pretty certain that none of the 11 songs in the Spotlight Pass will be "free to all owners of Rivals"]
  • Don't overcomplicate it. The last Season Pass included songs that debuted at a lower price, creating a Pack that had a completely unique size:price. Occam's pack size, the pack is cheaper than buying the songs day one.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    My opinion of the bass charts this week:

edited November 29
    I'm taking that to mean that some proportion of the 11 songs will be discounted to people buying them right when they are released, and the pack price now takes that into account. So that's it's more of a standard pack discount.

Though these first two songs don't have a "first week purchase discount".
    I don't want to speculate any further and complicate things!
    I'll leave that as an exercise to the rest of the class.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I hope that means we have some packs coming up over the next few weeks. I mean, a New Year's Eve pack is almost tradition at this point. But even those (assuming it's a 3-pack) only save you about $0.50. So either there are multiple packs ahead, packs with more than 3 songs, or more discounted tracks like those this past summer/fall.
  • chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
    edited November 29
    Yeah, kind of sucks these songs don't have the "first 2 weeks purchase discount" as I would have pulled the trigger on Natural at $1.49 but $1.99 is a bit too much for such a boring Rock Band song. Oh well.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 29
    TheStuddz said:

I hope that means we have some packs coming up over the next few weeks. I mean, a New Year's Eve pack is almost tradition at this point. But even those (assuming it's a 3-pack) only save you about $0.50. So either there are multiple packs ahead, packs with more than 3 songs, or more discounted tracks like those this past summer/fall.

Or maybe some 80MSP RBN songs are in the pass and have a permanent reduced price? I don't know for sure but I think all the RBN songs we've gotten so far since May were 160MSP or higher?
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    Bought the season 9 spotlight pass on XBox One and it has both 'Girls Like You' and 'Natural' in my ready to install.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

- 11 songs

What makes you say that Natural is part of the pass? I don’t see any description what which songs are in the pass in the store (PS4 NA) and the announcement states it is not included.

Is it showing as included in the in-game store?

• djb5f1 said:

- 11 songs

What makes you say that Natural is part of the pass? I don’t see any description what which songs are in the pass in the store (PS4 NA) and the announcement states it is not included.

I bought the pass (XB1) and it downloaded both songs so either Microsoft messed up or the announcement is wrong, don't know which.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned
    I have both songs in my library and playing now after only purchasing the spotlight pass.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    djb5f1 said:

- 11 songs

Yes. I agree it's weird that it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the announcement, but if you check the store, it's shown in the contents of the pack, and several people now have stated that they've gotten entitlements for "Natural" after purchasing the pack.
  • Anybody notice the sort of greatest hits packs in the (NA) Playstation store?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Definitely a mess up, not sure which way. Could be the announcement is wrong again, like when it said Brick House was part of the pass and then later changed.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Based on whats being reported on reddit, Xbox users are getting the entitlement for Natural with spotlight pass purchase, but PS4 users are not.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Anybody notice the sort of greatest hits packs in the (NA) Playstation store?

Wholly stolen from Reddit:

Guitar Glory Pack:
    Man in the Box - Alice in Chains
    Lonely Is The Night - Billy Squier
    Godzilla - Blue Öyster Cult
    Rock and Roll Band - Boston
    Rock This Town - Brian Setzer
    I Want You to Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
    Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
    Guns of Summer - Coheed and Cambria
    Constant Motion - Dream Theater
    Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
    I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
    Walk - Pantera
    I Wanna Be Sedated - Ramones
    Round and Round - Ratt
    Pulse of the Maggots - Slipknot
    Blue Sky - The Allman Brothers Band
    One - U2
    Hot For Teacher - Van Halen

Hits Pack:
    Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
    Dirty Little Secret - All-American Rejects
    Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold
    Airplanes - B.o.B (featuring Hayley Williams)
    More Than a Feeling - Boston
    Attention - Charlie Puth
    Suffragette City - David Bowie
    Through the Fire and Flames - DragonForce
    This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race - Fall Out Boy
    Everlong - Foo Fighters
    I Stand Alone - Godsmack
    Sex on Fire - Kings Of Leon
    Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Wonderwall - Oasis
    Crushcrushcrush - Paramore
    Creep - Radiohead
    Duality - Slipknot
    All Star - Smash Mouth
    Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg
    Santeria - Sublime
    Mr. Brightside - The Killers
    Roxanne - The Police
    Africa - Toto
    Stressed Out - Twenty One Pilots
    Shut Up And Dance - Walk The Moon

Sampler Pack:
    Electric Love - BØRNS
    Flagpole Sitta- Harvey Danger
    Steal My Sunshine - LEN
    Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
    Every Morning - Sugar Ray
    Dreams - The Cranberries
    Jumper - Third Eye Blind
    Hold the Line - Toto
    Blister In The Sun - Violent Femmes

Grab The Mic Pack: (Not available on EU PSN Store)
    Take on Me - a-ha
    Piano Man - Billy Joel
    Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
    Barracuda - Heart
    Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin & the Full Tilt Boogie Band
    Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane
    Working for the Weekend - Loverboy
    (Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay (Take 2) - Otis Redding
    Interstate Love Song - Stone Temple Pilots
    Zombie - The Cranberries
    Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
    I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - Whitney Houston

Looks like solid DLC starting points for new players (if such a thing exists). Every pack contains a great number of songs I already own, though, more than wiping out any bundle discount benefit; I imagine that's the case for most existing players (particularly those who already bought spotlight passes or exports).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Based on whats being reported on reddit, Xbox users are getting the entitlement for Natural with spotlight pass purchase, but PS4 users are not.

Haha, oops. Thanks for the info.

• My crew talked me into getting the spotlight pass....
    But i will say Girls Like YOu has one of the worst, and most repetitive guitar charts I've seen in a long time.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

Harmonix just keeps favoring Xbox don't they?!?! ;) :p
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    Hoping for an answer on Natural. I'm holding out on the Spotlight pack after the Season 8 pack burned me (and I'm admittedly playing less at the moment), but wanted Natural. Now I need to wait on the PS4 for both.