December 2018 Prediction Thread: Have a Holly Jolly DLChristmas

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Week One: You'll Never Guess (But The Owl Is Willing to Pay One Person If They Actually DO Guess It Correctly):
    "Moar Boston Favorites"

Juliana Hatfield, "Universal Heart-Beat"
    The Upper Crust, "Let Them Eat Rock"
  • The Game Awards is next week so maybe next week's DLC is related to games like how we got Code Monkey and Airbrushed during E3 week?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Beatles Pack 01 Confirmed!

Come Together
    Revolution
    Helter Skelter

I know it's never going to happen, but the Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson cover of Helter Skelter would be pretty dope.
  • tdc002 said:

Come Together
    Revolution
    Helter Skelter

I know it's never going to happen, but the Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson cover of Helter Skelter would be pretty dope.
    The Coroner cover of I Want You (She's So Heavy) is very heavy.
  • I'm gonna guess.....

12/6

Ninja Sex Party - 6969 (SP)
    Ron Brownz - Gimme 20 Dollars.

12/13

Mad Hatter - Avenged Sevenfold (SP)
    Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys

12/20

Jonathan Coulton - Chiron Beta Prime
    Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown (SP)

12/27

Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee)
    John Parr - St Elmo's Fire (SP)

I'm figuring we'll still have a mix of new stuff and RBN Re-releases, with new stuff being a mix of new bands and old standbys.
  • Intros9 said:

Let's go full-on insane with rewinds here with GH Live shutting down this weekend:

December 6th: Guitar Hero, the First

Bad Religion - Infected
    Helmet - Unsung

December 13th: Guitar Hero 2, Electric Boogaloo

Danzig - Mother
    Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

December 20th: Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s

Iron Maiden - Wrathchild
    Oingo Boingo - Only a Lad

December 27th: Guitar Hero 3, Legends of Rock

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
    Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

Pretty insane, but yet pretty awesome :) Although I'd definitely want Shakin' and Play With Me from Rocks the 80s. Sadly, I don't think we're ever getting any of these because we probably would've gotten them by now if it was possible.
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Woo, full on insane. :smile:

Shakin' is great. Play with Me is outstanding, but more than I want to put into most songs.
  • I'd buy Play With Me and Cliffs of Dover in a heartbeat.
  • I'd buy Play With Me and Cliffs of Dover in a heartbeat.

Would buy all of them in a heartbeat
  • The Smashing Pumpkins dropped a new album and Rock Band replied to someone on Twitter SEE YOU IN JUNE, so I’m predicting a pumpkins pack

Fall theme 12/6
    Silvery Sometimes(Ghosts)- spotlight
    Cherub Rock- rewind,(not sure if it’s already a rewind)
    Rhinoceros

That would be wonderful.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    If there IS a big pre-Christmas pack this year, I don't see it as at all impossible that it would be a "Smashing Pumpkins" pack.

We got Aerosmith in December 2016 but nothing similar in 2017. I mean, I was very excited to get the free "Rock Band 10th Anniversary Pack", but that was its own thing. And the 4 songs right before Christmas were all epic, but 3 were Rewinds.

• Wildcat15 said:

tdc002 said:

Come Together
    Revolution
    Helter Skelter

The Coroner cover of I Want You (She's So Heavy) is very heavy.
    I mean, it's right there in the title.
  • It would be great to have Smashing Pumpkins again, especially at least a 3-pack of "Disarm", "1979" and "Bullet With Butterfly Wings". Add "Tonight Tonight" and "Today"; even though I already own it, and that would be an epic pack I would buy in a heartbeat!
  • HMXOwl said:

TheStuddz said:

HMXOwl said:

No one's even gotten a SONG correct, let alone song and date!

BUT has anyone gotten an artist?
    Also no!
    It's Craig David. I will believe it until I see that it's not Craig David. Even then I'll still believe that it might still be Craig David.
  • I'm sure next week will be a pleasant surprise; I hope, but one last guess on artists. It just hit me, Rolling Stones and KISS are launching their final tours, either one of them would be a gigantic plus; or at least for me, in terms of the Stones. But then again, I think someone already said Rolling Stones, so that can be eliminated. The other band I can think of is The Eagles, but that's probably because I'm old and can't think of any modern bands worth the hype. Whatever it turns out to be, I'll be anticipating it a lot more than this week.
  • The other band I can think of is The Eagles, but that's probably because I'm old and can't think of any modern bands worth the hype.

What hype? "$20 says no one guesses the first week." says more to me 'the artist is sufficiently obscure or oddball that nobody would ever see it coming' than 'the artist is one that people have given up on predicting because it's considered unattainable'.

I'm thinking closer to Octavision than The Eagles.

Either that or artists we've gotten new songs from very recently such as Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons.
  • The other band I can think of is The Eagles, but that's probably because I'm old and can't think of any modern bands worth the hype.

What hype? "$20 says no one guesses the first week." says more to me 'the artist is sufficiently obscure or oddball that nobody would ever see it coming' than 'the artist is one that people have given up on predicting because it's considered unattainable'.

I'm thinking closer to Octavision than The Eagles.

It's probably a giant RBN pack.. feel the hype bro!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited November 29
    I'm just trying to think of some obscure things we could get:

-F.U.N. song from Spongebob Squarepants (along with in-game playable character)
    -The Next Episode by Dr. Dre, Ft Snoop Dogg
    -Riders on the Storm remix with Snoop Dogg featured in Need for Speed Underground
    -Charlene II (I'm Over You) by Stephen Colbert & The Black Belles
    -Any of the songs Stephen Colbert has created on The Late Show (looking at you Waffle House song)
    -A song from any of these bands most likely not to be in Rock Band (Spice Girls, Britney Spears, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Boyz II Men, Seal)
    -Another Harmonix band song
    -anything by Zakk Wylde or Slash or anything else Guitar Hero got that was kinda cool/obscure
    -Eagles of Death Metal - Miss Alissa
    -The live performance of War Pigs by Foo Fighters and Zac Brown
    -Anything by Explosions in the Sky
    -Any musical score ever (James Bond theme song, John Williams entire catalog, Hans Zimmer)
    -Any classical music (would love me some Chopin)
    -Any theme song ever for a movie, tv show, or game