December 2018 Prediction Thread: Have a Holly Jolly DLChristmas

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    But Christmas season now starts right after Labor Day
  • I guess I can make some random guesses that will be completely wrong... mostly picking things that are hard to guess

12/6
    Peter Schilling - "Major Tom (Coming Home)"
    King Harvest - "Dancing in the Moonlight"

12/13
    Stabbing Westward - "Save Yourself"
    Soul Coughing - "Circles"

12/20
    Transplants - "Diamonds and Guns"
    The Heavy - "How You Like Me Now"

12/27
    Sly & The Family Stone - "Everyday People"
    Edwin Starr - "War"
    Steam - "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye"

Awesome list. The Transplants would easily become my most played song
  • HMXOwl said:

BaronRob said:

Or maybe my list of impossible to get songs did have the right answer and it is Owl's way of saving 20 bucks! If so, I hope you like songs about ice and snow and/or long walks to front seats.

Christmas songs? Could happen as HMX also discarded the no Halloween DLC rule this year (My Demons and Three Lives fits).
    There's no 'no Halloween' rule, nor are they remotely comparable because the 'Halloween songs' are never about a holiday! My Demons doesn't stop selling November 1st like songs about Christmas do January 1st. We're not interested in spending 100% of the dollars and time on something that sells in 7% of a year.

I think this is short sighted. It doesn't matter when a song sells, it only matters how much it sells. I'd rather sell a song that sells 100,000 in December and then zero the rest of the year, than sell a song that sells 5,000 every month.

And you can't really draw conclusions from the few Christmas songs you have previously released because none of them were big like All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey is. I mean, I like Billy Squire and the Pretenders, but I didn't know they did a Christmas song. Release one of the old uptempo Christmas classics and just watch the bucks fly in...
  • The fact we got a Pretenders Christmas song that's not 2000 Miles still bewilders me.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 4
    The Billy Squier situation was really weird, we only had the Christmas song for 4 years (we didn't get The Stroke and Everybody Wants You as DLC until October 2012) and even then we didn't get Lonely is the Night until this year.
  • HMXOwl said:

BaronRob said:

Or maybe my list of impossible to get songs did have the right answer and it is Owl's way of saving 20 bucks! If so, I hope you like songs about ice and snow and/or long walks to front seats.

Christmas songs? Could happen as HMX also discarded the no Halloween DLC rule this year (My Demons and Three Lives fits).
    There's no 'no Halloween' rule, nor are they remotely comparable because the 'Halloween songs' are never about a holiday! My Demons doesn't stop selling November 1st like songs about Christmas do January 1st. We're not interested in spending 100% of the dollars and time on something that sells in 7% of a year.

I think this is short sighted. It doesn't matter when a song sells, it only matters how much it sells. I'd rather sell a song that sells 100,000 in December and then zero the rest of the year, than sell a song that sells 5,000 every month.

And you can't really draw conclusions from the few Christmas songs you have previously released because none of them were big like All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey is. I mean, I like Billy Squire and the Pretenders, but I didn't know they did a Christmas song. Release one of the old uptempo Christmas classics and just watch the bucks fly in...
    It is not one of the least common occurrences in music games because it is a no-brainer, easy money decision.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    In Grumbles world nobody buys love songs outside of Valentines day.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 4
    HMX said about no Halloween DLC in advance for 2012, 2015 and 2017 (2016 had the full October DLC revealed early so that's a bit different). That's the connection I made between Halloween and Christmas songs as HMX said in advance about no Christmas songs for 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Combine that with "$20 says no one guesses the first week.", Christmas songs seemed like a possibility given how it has been mentioned plenty of times before in past years why Christmas songs don't come.

Now we have confirmation.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited December 4

Big name bands we only got one song from pack 01

Rolling Stones -- Can't You Hear Me Knockin
    Bob Dylan -- Like A Rolling Stone
    Beach Boys -- Wouldn't It Be Nice
    Elvis Pressley -- Jailhouse Rock

I’ve always found it interesting how each main Rock Band game has that one absolutely huge artist get exactly one song and then disappear for the rest of the series, I would be ecstatic for more from all of these
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    You know what I haven't seen in this thread? Foreign bands. And since I'm going absolutely wacky with my predictions, what if we were getting VIDEO GAME music from Japanese bands? You know, cause VGAs.

Linked Horizon - That Person's Name Is

Maybe throw in something from Metal Gear Rising? I am so tempted to say something insane like that sick Gangplank Galleon remix by ACE, but I struggle to see Sakurai even considering it. Lol
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Foreigner confirmed - Dirty White Boy or Juke Box Hero (non-cover)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    ugxwolf said:

You know what I haven't seen in this thread? Foreign bands. And since I'm going absolutely wacky with my predictions, what if we were getting VIDEO GAME music from Japanese bands? You know, cause VGAs.

Linked Horizon - That Person's Name Is

Maybe throw in something from Metal Gear Rising? I am so tempted to say something insane like that sick Gangplank Galleon remix by ACE, but I struggle to see Sakurai even considering it. Lol

Peter Schilling is German.
  • ugxwolf said:

Linked Horizon

Did someone say...?

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    Fast Car by Tracy Chapman and Country Roads by John Denver. Book it
  • Maybe we're getting DLC from artists most well known outside the US this week, a side of music which was seen plenty with GHL/GHTV and sometimes RS2014 but not really with RB in the RB4 era. How about something like:

Busted - "Crashed the Wedding" (spotlight pass)
    The Libertines - "Can't Stand Me Now"
    Stereophonics - "Dakota"
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited December 4
    Caught my look at the DLC, and Owl's right. Nobody's guessed it so far.
    Wildcat15 said:

ugxwolf said:

Linked Horizon

Did someone say...?

While I can talk about how Japanese licensing (probably) SUUPAAHAADO da, particularly for OP/ED songs, I honestly don't know how you could chart the chanting for any of the Linked Horizon AoT songs.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    I will bite the bullet for dreaming big for all y'all:

Unpossible 01:
    Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
    Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
    Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
    Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
  • LoopyChew said:

Caught my look at the DLC, and Owl's right. Nobody's guessed it so far.

Wildcat15 said:

ugxwolf said:

Linked Horizon

Did someone say...?

While I can talk about how Japanese licensing (probably) SUUPAAHAADO da, particularly for OP/ED songs, I honestly don't know how you could chart the chanting for any of the Linked Horizon AoT songs.
    The Epica versions are both more likely, and also totally never going to happen.
    Big Brass Ones on the RS folks for breaking one of the easiest "rules" in music games a few weeks ago
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 4
    djb5f1 said:

Foreigner confirmed - Dirty White Boy or Juke Box Hero (non-cover)

"Double Vision" and "Long, Long Way From Home" before the original "Juke Box Hero", please. The cover will tide me over.

A Queen 12 pack:
    - Bohemian Rhapsody (rewind)
    - Who Wants To Live Forever
    - Dragon Attack
    - Spread Your Wings
    - ‘39
    - Breakthru
    - Innuendo
    - Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
    - Love of My Life
    - Friends Will Be Friends
    - It’s A Hard Life
    - Princes of the Universe

A whole 12-pack without "Brighton Rock" would make me sad. Or even "A Kind of Magic".

If we're getting into the deep cuts, I'd love "Flick of the Wrist/Lily of the Valley" or "Ogre Battle". Glad you included "Dragon Attack" though.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    One last guess

Songs I hear a lot randomly end up showing up somehow, that being said.....

Kylie Minogue -- Can't Get You Out Of My Head
    Justice -- D.A.N.C.E.
    2 songs, both that appeared on GHTV but are now gone
  • 10 minutes left.
    Another last-second prediction! No song that appears on any of NPR's "Best 50 Albums of 2018"

The official hint is, "I would be surprised if anyone guesses it". I'm not reading that as, "it's so awesome that no one will dare dream big enough".

"Dreaming big" is never a problem on this thread!

I was totally wrong and I couldn't be more pleased