December 2018 Prediction Thread: Have a Holly Jolly DLChristmas

Comments

• Vexus said:

LoopyChew said:

Caught my look at the DLC, and Owl's right. Nobody's guessed it so far.

Wildcat15 said:

ugxwolf said:

Linked Horizon

Did someone say...?

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!
    While I can talk about how Japanese licensing (probably) SUUPAAHAADO da, particularly for OP/ED songs, I honestly don't know how you could chart the chanting for any of the Linked Horizon AoT songs.
    The Epica versions are both more likely, and also totally never going to happen.
    I finally said a thing that's actually correct!
  • Girls Like You. Crazy On You.

"It's All About You" by McFly confirmed!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    @Vexus I don't think I had ever pegged you as being English, but the Craig David and McFly references as of late have made it pretty obvious ;)
  • @TheStuddz Scottish actually, but I thought it was pretty obvious for as long as I've been here!
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned

Same Old Song and Dance (spotlight pass)

That would be an insta-buy for me. Had never heard it when GH3 came out, was a must-play each session after a few listens. Busy but not impossible, very fun to play.
    Vexus said:

@TheStuddz Scottish actually, but I thought it was pretty obvious for as long as I've been here!

Close enough, geographically speaking! I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, sorry about that!
  • Could we maybe get a "The Struts" pack in the future? They are fantastic.
    Fire-Part 1 would be my personal choice but it's not a "hit" for them.
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    Owl said no one would guess it because it’s the third time we got heart DLC and we never got these two. People probably gave up on it being possible when they picked “What About Love” and “Kick it Out” instead.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 4
    If we get more Aerosmith it needs What it Takes and The Other Side somewhere in there.

Either make the pack bigger or take out two of TKaR(OV), Draw the Line, or Pink. Last Child is the one song that definitely stays.

Edit:
    Highest charting Top 40 singles we don't yet have:

Jaded 7
    What it Takes 9
    Last Child 21
    The Other Side 22
    Come Together 23*
    Amazing 24
    Pink 27
    Falling on the Knees 35
    Draw the Line 42**
    Same Old Song and Dance -***
    Train Kept A-Rollin' -***

*cover of a Beatles song so probably unlikely

**not Top 40 but just missed

***both songs released before the Band started gaining popularity, but are both staples on Classic Rock stations
  • LoopyChew said:

.While I can talk about how Japanese licensing (probably) SUUPAAHAADO da, particularly for OP/ED songs, I honestly don't know how you could chart the chanting for any of the Linked Horizon AoT songs.

I mean, they have charted a freakin' car horn and vuvuzelas to vocals, of course they can put the chanting on harmonies! Also you can get a full power metal chart for the instruments with multiple solos on some songs.
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    We need last child to continue completing GH2 theme
  • I was splitting the hits between 2 packs, in my mind Pack 05 would be something like (I'd guess Come Together would be impossible):
    Mama Kin
    Kings and Queens
    What It Takes
    The Other Side
    Amazing
    Falling in Love

The spotlight pass complicates the size so guessing a 6 pack this year and a 6 pack late next year/early 2020 seems reasonable.
  • I wouldn't bet on one more Aerosmith 6 pack, much less two. A 3 pack maybe, and if we were to get more I'm expecting the higher charting, better selling songs.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

Could we maybe get a "The Struts" pack in the future? They are fantastic.
    Fire-Part 1 would be my personal choice but it's not a "hit" for them.

This, a hundred times, except "Could Have Been Me".
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Wildcat15 said:

LoopyChew said:

.While I can talk about how Japanese licensing (probably) SUUPAAHAADO da, particularly for OP/ED songs, I honestly don't know how you could chart the chanting for any of the Linked Horizon AoT songs.

I mean, they have charted a freakin' car horn and vuvuzelas to vocals, of course they can put the chanting on harmonies! Also you can get a full power metal chart for the instruments with multiple solos on some songs.
    But you only have two additional harmony lines. If you thought Bang Camaro was underserved by harmonies, can you imagine those songs?
  • I wouldn't bet on one more Aerosmith 6 pack, much less two. A 3 pack maybe, and if we were to get more I'm expecting the higher charting, better selling songs.

I was guessing 6 songs because of the spotlight pass. With the spotlight pass being an 11 pack for the price of a 9 pack there's got to be something that makes pricing the spotlight pass as an 11 pack a ripoff. I came up with 3 ideas:
    - Larger packs (e.g. 6 songs)
    - 25% off temporary discounts on modern songs concept returns from seasons 7 and 8
    - Some songs in the spotlight pass are permanently priced at $1

Last week's DLC being full priced makes me doubt option 2 and if there's more DLC in a month than usual, December is the month that's most likely to go that route. That said the fact we got 2 songs from Heart rather than 3 this week is odd, maybe Straight On is saved for Valentines?
  • Going to guess it’s a RBN week this week now. Maybe a new song by said artist as the spotlight pass song though?
    I'm gonna get a little bit crazy here and say it will NOT be an RBN artist. Here we go @Dangimarocker. It's you or me, buddy. And I'm NOT backing down.
  • For some reason I agree with the not getting a rbn artist. Maybe the whole season even. If we do I hope we get new songs mixed in as well
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Fair point. How about:

Soul Asylum - Somebody to Shove
    Megadeth - Train of Consequences
  • Why not go double train? With Train Kept A Rolling unless we did get the actual Aerosmith version already and I am forgetting
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited December 10
    BaronRob said:

Why not go double train? With Train Kept A Rolling unless we did get the actual Aerosmith version already and I am forgetting

IIRC, we have an as made famous by version of the Aerosmith cover.

Wish I could check on the Companion App but...

We have the AMFB cover from the RB1 export, yeah. I think they meant as DLC, though. I guess that getting the original wouldn't exactly be a rewind, which is awesome, as those of us with all the exports would still technically be getting a new song.
  • Yeah, I mean getting the actual Aerosmith version to semi-supersede the RB1 cover version. Wasn't sure if it happened already.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    edited December 11
    Weird choice but I will stick to it

Taproot 01
    Fractured(Everything I Said Was True)
    No Surrender
    Poem