DLC Discussion Thread: Two. Of. Hearts.

Comments

• SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    I honestly can't believe these are finally coming to Rock Band, and that they haven't been in Rock Band for this long.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Wow. Already the best spotlight pass.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 4

One of the best ways to ensure that I'm excited about Rock Band DLC? Feature an artist that is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Well done, Harmonix.

So a number of rap artist works for you as well? I don’t remember any of them though because they are forgettable .
    Yeah, "being in the R&R HOF" is in no way a perfect proxy for "artists that I'd love to see in Rock Band", for several reasons ... but it's an easy definition and it's very important to operationalize your variables.

Lots of great artists aren't in the HOF for reasons other than "they aren't awesome enough"; either they aren't yet eligible, or there is some dumb reason why the voters haven't put them in yet (maybe even just a personality conflict). And lots of artists that ARE in the HOF wouldn't work particularly well as DLC. But still, it's always exciting to see HMX aiming high, even if I don't love the artist personally.

And in this case, I love the artist personally. WooOOOoOOO
  • Thank you! Best week ever.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 4
    Yeah, the rap artists in the HOF are all just fine (or way better than just fine) in my book. For the "not so great for DLC" examples, I was thinking more of the old legends. I can't name any LaVern Baker songs, for example. But if somehow one of her songs had masters that were capable of being used in Rock Band, I'd be excited to see that happen.

EDIT: and now "Tweedle Dee" is stuck in my head
  • Awesome, If they wanted a higher price for these I would pay it.
  • Wow. Already the best spotlight pass.

I hit disagree but not to be a total buzzkill. While Crazy On You does seem to be multiple steps in the right direction, the pass has a lot to do to rival seasons 2 and 3 for me.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Hell yeah! Easy day one purchases for me
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    edited December 4
    Best week for new DLC since January. Both insta-buys.

Also: I understood that Stacy Q reference. B)
    Vexus said:

Wow. Already the best spotlight pass.

I hit disagree but not to be a total buzzkill. While Crazy On You does seem to be multiple steps in the right direction, the pass has a lot to do to rival seasons 2 and 3 for me.
    Oh definitely... I suppose I meant at this point that this pass has extreme potential. The first two passes, like you said, are pretty darn epic.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Little-known fact, but one of my life aspirations in the Rock Band 3 era was to play the synth solo in "Magic Man" on keys. I'm curious if they'll be alt-charting that brief part on guitar at all. I'd be fine either way, but I wouldn't put it past HMX to chart it due to how iconic that part is.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    what?!?!?
    geez just when you think they are done getting A-lister classic rock.......
    well played HMX
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Definitely picking both of these up. The fact that we've gotten so many Heart songs over the years WITHOUT getting these two had me assume these weren't obtainable. Glad we're finally getting these.
  • YES!! :D
    HMXOwl said:

But you know what DIDN'T deliver? My $20, because it ain't moving.

You going to keep that bet on the line for next week? ;)
  • tdc002 said:

Definitely picking both of these up. The fact that we've gotten so many Heart songs over the years WITHOUT getting these two had me assume these weren't obtainable. Glad we're finally getting these.

We only had 4 before this week, Kick It Out was a surprising pick for the RB4 setlist though.
  • Finally some songs I can go...crazy on..for...BAD PUN.