DLC Discussion Thread: Two. Of. Hearts.

Comments

• That post was magic, man.
  • Thanks for all the belated disagrees, @Dangimarocker!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Magic Man makes me think of Swingers.

Getting quite a bit of the soundtrack with Stayin’ Alive, Brick House, and Pick Up the Pieces.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    Woohoo! I've been requesting these for a long time!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    First time since Rupert Holmes i can cross songs off my USL! And it is an awesome week, now i only need Heartless from them and i got all the ones i want from them, thanks HMX! Keep being so awesome!!!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    dllewel said:

Just when I thought DLC releases couldn't get any duller, you go and pull something like this...
    and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELVES!!!

Thanks Harmonix! :smiley:

no way... that's great.... WE LANDED MORE HEART DLC!!!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Will we see more Heart DLC?

Never.
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited December 4
    Just spent the last few minutes Agreeing, Liking, and LOLing. What a great couple of gets!

I am a big fan of the music, but it looks like the drums will also be a lot of fun (without killing me like Barracuda).

Very excited!
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    Very happy to see these two. This completely makes up for last week's DLC. Crazy On You is one of my all time favorites from Guitar Hero, and one of a few songs that got me to really try it on a real guitar. Couldn't be happier with this week.
  • LeCH24 said:

Never.

I could see us getting These Dreams
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior

LeCH24 said:

Never.

Believe it or not, Heart have nine other top 20 US hits that aren't in the game, but yeah "These Dreams" is the only one I can see us realistically getting. I doubt the average person would be familiar with a hit like "There's the Girl".
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited December 5

LeCH24 said:

Never.

Believe it or not, Heart have nine other top 20 US hits that aren't in the game, but yeah "These Dreams" is the only one I can see us realistically getting. I doubt the average person would be familiar with a hit like "There's the Girl".
    Straight On says hi. It's probably the most played Heart song on the Classic Rock stations we don't yet have (also the only one from as I recall from at least 10 years back to now).

Edit:
    And after looking, I see why that is. 80s Heart for the most part was much different than 70s Heart. Straight On reached 15 on the Hot 100 (chart used for defining hits in the US).

They have two other 70s hits, but neither in the top 20, or still played on Classic Rock stations.

The 80s stuff you'd find on your "mix" or classic soft rock stations.

Edit2:
    Checked out a few of the 80s hits, and yeah they are all nothing like the 70s stuff.

And I definitely remember hearing These Dreams many times throughout the years, but just like I thought it was on mix and soft rock stations. And I'm not really one to say a song doesn't fit RB, but that would be a tough one to sit through.

Edit3:
    Even it Up looks like their last rock Top 40 hit before their singles went notably pop. It was their first single of the 80s.

It looks like they really changed direction with the release of their Greatest Hits album and the song Tell it Like it Is, their last single of 1980.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    How disappointing. No early purchase discount.

I kid. Of course. Will buy at full price!
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    Hiya, this news has me back for the first time in months! Thanks @MCSMeister for giving me the heads up
  • I'm late to the party on this one but I'll just add to the pile by saying, awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeaaahhhh!!! Super happy about this week! :D
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Wow, I was starting to give up on Rock Band new DLC, but theyve pulled 2 gems out this week! My usual terms for buying a song or avoiding it apply though.
  • I would quibble the lack of people mentioning You're The Voice, but I'd rather have either the original or the IAMI version. Still a damn good song regardless though!
  • Vexus said:

I would quibble the lack of people mentioning You're The Voice, but I'd rather have either the original or the IAMI version. Still a damn good song regardless though!

You're the voice?
    Who's version?
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act

Vexus said:

I would quibble the lack of people mentioning You're The Voice, but I'd rather have either the original or the IAMI version. Still a damn good song regardless though!

You're the voice?
    Who's version?
    I usually err towards the original in these sorts of calculations, unless the cover brings something spectacular. So IMO John Farnham (1986) > Heart (1991) or I AM I (2012).

I look forward to the alt-charted bagpipe solo.
  • It will probably Never happen, but If Looks Could Kill, I would love to get Heartless.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    LeCH24 said:

Never.

I see this joke went over a few heads...
  • chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
    edited December 5

V8VANTAGE said:

Wow, I was starting to give up on Rock Band new DLC, but theyve pulled 2 gems out this week! My usual terms for buying a song or avoiding it apply though.

You know damn well these don’t have stems. The lack of available stems is the whole reason we didn’t get these when the platform was thriving. The only reason we get these now is because they’ve relaxed more than you have on the requirement for stems, unless you think they instead found a time machine and were able to go back and preserve the stems that were never preserved in this reality.

If there’s ever been a clearer exhibit of why still holding firm to your stems-or-bust mantra is silly, it’s this week. You complain about us never getting stuff you want, which happens because most of the stuff you want that we don’t already have had stem unavailability issues. But then great songs finally come out despite that and you still won’t buy.
    Agreed. Basically, it's fine if you don't buy these but if you don't buy these because they don't have stems, then you have lost your right to complain that they never get good songs anymore.
  • OMG, now I can die happily
    Well not now, but in a few days after playing Crazy on You a million times in a row
  • LeCH24 said:

Never.

These dreams just might come true
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Undrtaker said:

LeCH24 said:

Never.

These dreams just might come true
    You made my mind.
  • Ah, forgot about Straight On... Want that as well.