DLC Discussion Thread: Kane Brown and Old Dominion!

Comments

• I guess if you like Country that's good?
  • My mom keeps the country stations on in a lot of her spare time, so I both have warmed up to these songs and know she'll probably enjoy them too (she was pleased with the Sam Hunt songs, only disappointed Take Your Time isn't in there as well). It's looking like I'll be nabbing the Spotlight Pass at some point too, I'm nearing the 7 yes-es to value proposition mark going 4 for 4 so far!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Country had its time as a progressive genre years and years ago but all it's done in the last four decades is find new ways to sell out.

And just when you think country can't possibly sell out any more, it finds ANOTHER way.

It's really quite remarkable.
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    IMO, I don't mind the songs, but the fact that they decided to make both of them as Spotlight Songs is just like.. "HMX ..really?" Well, here's hoping they are fun to play on almost all instruments.
  • The great thing about the Country Track Packs was that they included classic country.

Always appreciate more country in the game. But, we seem to have lost the country music fans at HMX, since all the country dlc releases since the Track Packs seem to just be random hits off of that week's Country sales chart.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Although I will say there’s nothing in the preview video that demonstrates these would definitely live up to that “expectation”.
  • Dang it, I was excited to see new country songs. But then I listened to the preview video. Ummm... no thanks.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Yeah I was hoping these would maybe be authentic or alt-country since I’d never heard of them but... yikes. Definite pass.
  • Turns out my girlfriend is a big Kane Brown fan. I thought the name sounded familiar. Unfortunately, she doesn't care much for Rock Band.

All of the pop and country stuff that we get seems to appeal to my friends and family members who don't ever want to play Rock Band. All of my friends who enjoy playing RB seem to only want rock, alternative, and punk. Funny how that works.
  • I guess if you like Country that's good?

I'd guess that if you like country, you'd find this to be watered-down fake country and thus kinda trash. Kind of like how metal fans view acts like Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Seriously though, I don't mind some country or even pop-country because it's usually catchy and/or fun to play, but I'm not getting that vibe from either of these songs, so it's just a big ol' yuck.
  • TheStuddz said:

Turns out my girlfriend is a big Kane Brown fan. I thought the name sounded familiar. Unfortunately, she doesn't care much for Rock Band.

All of the pop and country stuff that we get seems to appeal to my friends and family members who don't ever want to play Rock Band. All of my friends who enjoy playing RB seem to only want rock, alternative, and punk. Funny how that works.

That is funny, especially since we get that popular stuff because it apparently sells well. But your example is a counterpoint to that idea.
  • KidSleez said:

TheStuddz said:

Turns out my girlfriend is a big Kane Brown fan. I thought the name sounded familiar. Unfortunately, she doesn't care much for Rock Band.

That is funny, especially since we get that popular stuff because it apparently sells well. But your example is a counterpoint to that idea.
    The sad part is that I also buy the pop and country stuff, in the hopes that once every 6-8 months, I can convince my mainstream friends to play some RB. It does happen now and then, and they do flock to that stuff. But I can't help but feel as though I'm part of the problem.
  • I'm deeply dissapointed they didn't chart the banjo.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Wildcat15 said:

I'm deeply dissapointed they didn't chart the banjo.

The text says the guitar chart includes banjo. It is possible that while the verse in the preview is not given the banjo line, another verse is?
  • Oof. That's a big no from me. If they weren't spotlight songs, I absolutely would NOT be getting these.
  • Nosedive indeed and I wasn't a big fan of those Heart songs to begin with. I wonder why we keep getting these new pop country songs in RB? I guess there must be a buying audience out there for these.

Hopefully we'll get some major metal acts soon. I mean, last season wasn't bad but I'm thinking more like Judas Priest, Ministry, Fear Factory, etc.
  • I wish it was Heaven or What If for Kane. Not his greatest song . But still grabbing both because I got the season pass
  • chexmixhochexmixho Unsigned
    edited December 2018
    jkald said:

I wonder why we keep getting these new pop country songs in RB? I guess there must be a buying audience out there for these.

I always wonder what percentage of the total number of players of Rock Band the various online communities represent. Between here, Rock Band sub-reddit, ResetEra, Discord, Facebook, Twitter, etc. it seems that MOST people are not that happy with this week's DLC. But, like you said, some people (maybe a lot of people) out there are buying songs like this otherwise Harmonix wouldn't be wasting their time releasing as DLC at this point in the game.