DLC Discussion Thread: 3EB

edited December 2018 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 12/20: Third Eye Blind!

This week, we’re adding even more content from legendary Bay Area rockers Third Eye Blind!

Third Eye Blind has garnered tons of critical and commercial success over the span of their career. The band re-recorded multiple hits specifically for music games and we’re bringing some of them to Rock Band 4 this week! Let’s kick it off with “Never Let You Go ‘09”. In early 2000, the original cut was a top 5 track on the Adult Top 40, Mainstream Top 40, AND Alternative Songs charts at the same time. It also spent three weeks atop the Canadian Top Singles chart. The song contains one of many great guitar riffs in Third Eye Blind’s repertoire and should bring back good memories for many of us. You’ll have a great chorus on vocals, along with the spoken outro that was all the rage with fans.

“Semi-Charmed Life ‘09” is a re-recording of one of the most memorable songs of the ‘90s. As the lead single off their debut album, the track performed incredibly well on the charts, reaching #5 on the Billboard Hot 100, and claiming #1 on both the Mainstream Top 40 and Modern Rock Charts (the latter of which it topped for the overall year as well). The expected highlights are here, with the iconic guitar line to play and all the ‘doo doo doo’-ing you could want. But don’t forget the rest of the band, bass has some quick runs and even a few chords, while drums have a bunch of short tom fills scattered around.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99. The Rock Band Rivals Season 9 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $14.99.

• Third Eye Blind - "Never Let You Go '09"
  • Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 9 Spotlight Pass)

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 20th. Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!
TEB?

Comments

• Great week!
  • Hmm, those songs that are technically next week’s...Ready to Die and Pedestrian at Best?
  • Ugh, I would be fine with this, if it was not the bad re-recordings
  • "Never Let You Go" - I never learned the name of this song, but I recognize the tune INSTANTLY.
    Hooray for songs that I know being offered as DLC!
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    TheMurals said:

Hmm, those songs that are technically next week’s...Ready to Die and Pedestrian at Best?

Pedestrian at Best is by Courtney Barnett, not Barns Courtney.
  • Ugh, I would be fine with this, if it was not the bad re-recordings

Yeah,the whole sound quality is off. Will add to be wishlist and probably get at some point but some other songs ahead in line.
  • TheMurals said:

Hmm, those songs that are technically next week’s...Ready to Die and Pedestrian at Best?

That's Courtney Barnett. From what I can tell, Barns Courtney is someone completely different.
  • Seriously awesome. I don’t even care that they’re the re-recordings. Thank you!
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    Oh they are BOTH ex-RBN songs, got it. I skipped out on "Never Let You Go" in the RB3 era, I didn't know that song nearly as well as the other two '09 re-records. Did the 3EB RBN versions all have drum tracks that needed to be (and now are) fixed?
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Weird that these are the rerecords, but I’m still definitely getting them
  • Very happy to be getting these songs, but would have paid double for the originals. Oh well.
  • I don't mind that it's the re-records. It's probably a lot less work than doing DIY emstays for the originals, and I'm not sure I notice a big difference in the sound myself.

How about more information about that Andrew WK track though? Depending on what it is (assuming it's in the pass) then that, Heart and Third Eye Blind might make me actually get the spotlight pass this time...
    Woah am I missing something with this Andrew WK talk?? That’d be my track of the whole year if we’re getting it
  • Whoops, got my Courtneys mixed up. In that case, odds are it’ll be “99”, since that’s both his biggest and latest hit, unless they go the dicey method and take a chance on his new single “Good Thing”.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Excuse me... what did I miss about Courtney Barnett's "Pedestrian at Best?"
  • hiimSMAP said:

Woah am I missing something with this Andrew WK talk?? That’d be my track of the whole year if we’re getting it

"Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!"
  • I approve.

hiimSMAP said:

"Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!"
    Oh hell yes!!!! Hoping for She Is Beautiful or I Love Music. Easily the most pumped I’ve been for DLC all year, I never thought we’d actually get more from him in this era of RB.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    LeCH24 said:

Excuse me... what did I miss about Courtney Barnett's "Pedestrian at Best?"

"Barns Courtney." I see now, and am greatly disappointed.
  • Oh...is Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney our NYE DLC for 2018? Bummer...

(Although I would have been happier with Courtney Barnett.)
  • A SECOND song by Andrew W.K.?!? GH:TV actually had 2 of his songs on rotation, the obvious one + "Your Rules". Summary of that one: you can't tell us what to do, and what we want to do is ... well ... party!

There's a definite theme to his music.

My wife coordinated our last trip to Texas so that we could see Andrew W.K. play in Austin. Yes, this track (whatever it is) will be a Required Purchase for me.
  • I never heard of Barns Courtney before... but Andrew W.K. is awesome

I would love She is Beautiful and Ready to Die
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    Meh, not a huge fan of the rerecords. This DLC bodes well for the challenge theme though (I'm gonna guess Alt rock since we just did a 90s week challenge).

As for the others, I had no idea who Barns Courtney was at first. I did a quick search and it turns out he has some song called "Fire" from 2015 that sounds kinda familiar? Apparently it was in a car commercial? He's also got a new single called "99," so maybe we're getting that? Supposedly he's big in UK, so maybe someone from over there could shed some light.

I'm excited for Andrew WK though. I'd love to get "I Get Wet" but I'm assuming we'll get one of his many songs with Party in the title.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 2018
    Nice! I love The Rolling Stones! Oh wait... this is the second-rate music game.
  • "Fire" (Barns Courtney) was in GH:TV
    I learned SO MANY new songs (some of which were stuck in my head for days) from those last 5 hours I spent playing the game right before the streaming part died forever.
  • Nice! I love The Rolling Stones! Oh wait... this is the second-rate music game.

Now, now...

While my allegiance will forever be with Harmonix and Rock Band, I will admit that it is disheartening to see Rocksmith getting legendary bands like the Stones, while we get stuff like Kane Brown and Barns Courtney (especially in December, which used to be a huge month for RB), but it is what it is.

It's nice that we still get stuff like the Heart songs we got a few weeks back, but it does hurt that our favourite game no longer has the backing of a major corporation like Viacom.
  • Also, I'm listening to some Andrew W.K. songs right now, being fairly unfamiliar with him...and wow, "She Is Beautiful" and "Ready to Die" both just sound like slight variations on "Party Hard" to me.