DLC Discussion Thread: 3EB

Comments

• I really hope that adding another Andrew W.K. song to the game is a stepping-stone to HMX offering his Taco Guitar and / or his Pizza Guitar as playable instruments in RB4.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2018
    Andrew W.K. had an album out this year so I think the song will be from that. As for Barns Courtney I think either Fire, 99 or Good Thing (leaning towards 99). Both songs will probably be in the spotlight pass.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2018
    Hey, remember the last time we got Andrew W.K. DLC? It was also in December!

(...if we hadn't received confirmation that they've got the budget to keep DLC going through 2019, I'd be really worried about this upcoming April.)
  • I think it's gonna be that song from Rage 2.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    TheStuddz said:

"She Is Beautiful" and "Ready to Die" both just sound like slight variations on "Party Hard" to me.

Every Andrew WK song is.

I would have loved to have gotten "Ready to Die" in RB3 for that keys part, but it would be kinda pointless to get it now.

Andrew W.K. had an album out this year so I think the song will be from that. As for Barns Courtney I think either Fire, 99 or Good Thing (leaning towards 99). Both songs will probably be in the spotlight pass.

Yeah, given that both of them have released new material in 2018, I'm assuming we're getting that, not older stuff.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Andrew WK actually has an extremely versatile catalogue but people like to pigeonhole him as the “party” guy just from his first album

• Getting both of these and probably at least Andrew WK.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    as RBN rereleases go, these are better than the vast majority of what we've gotten so far. i'll pick them up. the originals would've been nice, but i didn't have a problem with the rerecords, and at least they'll have stems.

not too interested in the other two artists.
  • I only bought like 5 RBN songs and three of them were the '09 Third Eye Blind songs.

Really happy they have harmonies, instant purchase.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    What's amusing to me about Barns Courtney is that I only know him for appearing on a holiday compilation I picked up at Target last year. Of course, I know we're not getting that since HMX stopped Christmas DLC long ago, but it's hilariously fitting. Also, interesting to see HMX pull what they did for Dexys Midnight Runners and Blue Swede last holiday season. Unlike those bands, though, there's actually some debate as to what songs they'll choose for these two, so I appreciate that.

Anyway, chances are I'll pass on the rest of this month, but I'm glad to see the TEB songs make it in regardless. It only makes sense to get them after we got the original "Jumper".
  • @tdc002 I was looking more at the discount side of things. 6 spotlight pass songs left and according to the difference in price between the spotlight pass and a normal 11 pack, 4 of these are discounted. My guesses are ones I think would get discounted based on what we've seen so far with the discounts (Fire would be the Barns Courtney equivalent of My Demons).
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    edited December 2018
    I never picked up the 3EB songs on RBN because the re-records sounded so jarringly different than the originals. On the preview video I didn't even recognize Semi-Charmed Life until the chorus started, and I'm still not sure I've heard the other one.

Will probably pick up SCL '09, and a pass on the rest - including the Spotlight Pass.

(edit: Other crew member recognized the other 3EB song, so I ended up grabbing that one as well)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Was hoping for the originals like Jumper but either way I'm just happy to have the songs back, should be good at parties
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Love getting the 3EB songs with proper pro drum charting!

AWK is ok, I guess.

CB I’m looking forward to - would love more than 1 track from him based on the few I’ve recently heard/became aware were by him.
  • BachiG said:

AWK is ok, I guess.

CB I’m looking forward to - would love more than 1 track from him based on the few I’ve recently heard/became aware were by him.

CB?

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited December 2018

BachiG said:

AWK is ok, I guess.

CB?

Country Barn. The other artist in next week's DLC.

^ Lol not fixing that. Just realized I made a mistake too
  • Not CB (not Courtney Barnett, not "Country Barn").
    BC. As in Barns Courtney.
  • Not CB (not Courtney Barnett, not "Country Barn").
    BC. As in Barns Courtney.

Yeah. That's what I thought they were referring to. Asked to make sure. I guess we'll just have to wait for music from Country Barn, sounds like they'd be a bluegrass act (either that or a backwoods-themed retail chain). Heh.
  • Nothing says "we're excited about next week's year-ending DLC" like:

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 20th. Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!

as a footnote at the very end of this week's DLC announcement. Ugh.

Boo to the TEB re-records, but I'll still grab those.
  • KidSleez said:

Nothing says "we're excited about next week's year-ending DLC" like:

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 20th. Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!

as a footnote at the very end of this week's DLC announcement. Ugh.

Same exact thing we did this week last year, sounds like you're revealing YOUR excitement, not ours. ; )
  • Spicy take: I actually hope the Andrew WK song is Music Is Worth Living For or Never Again off his newest album.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Whoops. Yep, meant BC.... MB.
  • Vexus said:

Spicy take: I actually hope the Andrew WK song is Music Is Worth Living For or Never Again off his newest album.

I listened to it this morning to give it a try and really enjoyed it. Its got a very epic and encompassing vibe that feels like it would be a really cool get for Rock Band.
  • Vexus said:

Spicy take: I actually hope the Andrew WK song is Music Is Worth Living For or Never Again off his newest album.

Yeah, I listened to four W.K. songs after this morning's announcement: "She is Beautiful", "Ready to Die", and those two. I'd much rather have one of the two new songs than the former two. I think "Ever Again" is the one I'd want most.