DLC Discussion Thread: 3EB

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2018
    djb5f1 said:

Some of you people read entirely too much into inconsequential details.

Who doesn’t enjoy grumble’s “we received a classic rock song every 3rd week of the month when there is a full moon in even years so we are getting one this week”. :)

This week's Third Eye Blind DLC would probably appear on classic rock stations nowadays :p

But yes, we did get our classic rock fix earlier in the month this time with Heart.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

BachiG said:

I just noticed that in the DLC announcement discussion post that owl added a third bullet point underneath the 2 announced songs. What could that mean??!!?! Any guesses on what the surprise third Third Eye Blind track is we’re gonna get? My hope is for the less obvious “Losing A Whole Year” for the energy...

Don't expect anything. It was more than likely a typo. Trust me when I say this, Harmonix has no surprises up their sleeves for us from here on out.

-Merry Christmas from Sgt. Pessimism
    Totally a tongue in check comment on my part!
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    djb5f1 said:

LeCH24 said:

The biggest problem the 3EB re-records had was the mix, and the preview video indicates it is much better this time around.

If that is better, I don’t want to know what it was like before!
    The guitar was overpowering. Possibly out of spite.
  • Four songs being released tomorrow, and as a Spotlight Pass owner, I only need to buy one! Convenient!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Do the Third Eye Blind songs have album art this time? Originally, they just had the RBN logo as album art.
  • Yeah, seems
    tdc002 said:

Do the Third Eye Blind songs have album art this time? Originally, they just had the RBN logo as album art.

Asking the important questions!
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    tdc002 said:

tnevaker said:

tdc002 said:

Vexus said:

tdc002 said:

HMXOwl said:

KidSleez said:

Nothing says "we're excited about next week's year-ending DLC" like:

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, December 20th. Due to holiday closures, players can also pick up DLC from Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney on Thursday, December 20th!

as a footnote at the very end of this week's DLC announcement. Ugh.

Same exact thing we did this week last year, sounds like you're revealing YOUR excitement, not ours. ; )
    I remember the reaction to that was a weird mix of excitement and slight disappointment because the press release said, "hits from Blue Swede, Dexys Midnight Runners, and a Rewind from Europe," so it was dead obvious what all three songs were, despite not actually announcing them.
    Whereas this time I for one have no idea who Barns Courtney even is and since the obvious Andrew WK song is already available, there's no easy way to tell what this one will be. Just because we've narrowed it down to four doesn't mean it's certainly one of them.
    I mean, at least it leaves room for mystery and speculation. It's a pretty big downgrade from past year end packs though.
    you mean like the speculating about the mystery of who Barns Courtney is and what he/she/they do for a living when not moonlighting as a musical act? i'll play... i think Barns Courtney is a 23-year-old Starbucks barista who attends Grand Canyon University from his mother's basement, enjoys reading westerns, quilting, and spending time with his two guinea pigs named Hamster and Robert.
    To be fair, just google Barns Courtney.
    but where's the fun in that?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited December 2018
    TheStuddz said:

so the Australian PSN store updated... looks like the other songs are

Barns Courney - "99"
    Andrew W.K. - "Music Is Worth Living For"

kinda disappointed it is not "She is Beautiful"

I'm guessing they might both be part of the Spotlight Pass...any way to confirm or deny that yet?
    I'm in Oz... it looks like both of the new songs are FREE if you've got the Season Pass!

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2018

EDIT: The Third Eye Blind songs and Music is Worth Living For are now available on XB1, 99 is missing.
  • Liking the album cover art for the re-records! Better than the crappy rbn logo art of before.
  • Are the New Years dlc songs supposed to be free? Grabbed them free regardless. Will rebuy Andrew WK if I have to but not the other.
    But all the songs seem to be up on PSN NA now!
  • You own the Spotlight Pass, yeah?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited December 2018

I just checked the SIEA store, both Canada and US, and they're not free in either for me (i've heard they are free for spotlight pass owners, which doesn't so much mean they're free as it means you already paid for them).

The Andrew WK and Barns Courtney tracks are 25% discounted (and the 3EB tracks are full price). But they all have nonzero price tags.
  • HMXOwl said:

You own the Spotlight Pass, yeah?

Must have missed they were spotlight pass songs. My bad
  • 99 is still missing on XB1.
  • Is it just me or is the audio quality of "Semi-Charmed Life" pretty bad?
  • edited December 2018
    Man, just turned friday over here and I still can't purchase "99" on Xbox One. Is this a case of the spotlight pass screwing things up for regular customers who don't want to bulk buy everything?
  • Man, just turned friday over here and I still can't purchase "99" on Xbox One. Is this a case of the spotlight pass screwing things up for regular customers who don't want to bulk buy everything?

It'll be Microsoft that's messed up rather than anything else.
  • Hope 99 gets fixed soon. Checked that out and I dig it. Will be picking it up. I'm actually debating on buying the pass for myself for Christmas lol...somebody talk me out of it? :p
  • @KidSleez Get it!

Finally broke and got the pass myself. Thought it would be Heart that was the factor but after listening to both of AWK and BC I was in. So long as 2 of the last 4 songs are would have's I'll be content.
  • edited December 2018
    Stephan Jenkins isn’t that generic, he’s got a distinct voice, and is the consistent engine that makes Third Eye Blind what it is. He’s still making good tunes, and I’d recommend you listen to F*ck Forever off the newest EP. But he’s also kind of like Billy Corgan in that he kicked out all the other members knowing he’s this talented songwriter, but there was something special about that original lineup that made it so successful.

Fun fact: the founding bassist and guitarist started their own band of ex-Third Eye Blind members called XEB. And guitarist #2, the one that replaced him, ended up joining XEB after he was also kicked out. But maybe the rotating personnel is why the ‘09 versions don’t have quite the same soul to them.
  • @KidSleez Get it!

Finally broke and got the pass myself. Thought it would be Heart that was the factor but after listening to both of AWK and BC I was in. So long as 2 of the last 4 songs are would have's I'll be content.

I'm crunching the numbers. I definitely would purchase Semi-Charmed Life and Crazy On You. 99 is in the pass, right? I'd buy that, as well as Lose It and Music Is Worth Living For because they are all discounted. I don't really like Hotel Key and I wishlisted Girls Like You. So I guess it's worth it as long as 2 of the last 4 are songs I'd buy.
  • KidSleez said:

@KidSleez Get it!

I'm crunching the numbers. I definitely would purchase Semi-Charmed Life and Crazy On You. 99 is in the pass, right? I'd buy that, as well as Lose It and Music Is Worth Living For because they are all discounted. I don't really like Hotel Key and I wishlisted Girls Like You. So I guess it's worth it as long as 2 of the last 4 are songs I'd buy.
    Mostly agree. Didn't care much for the country songs but 99 was rather catchy on first listen and the video did make me chuckle. Yes, 99 is part of the pass.
  • ZenzukiZenzuki Unsigned
    edited December 2018
    Have the pass, so I'm getting all these. But I REALLY hope we get "Fire" by Barns Courtney eventually! Would've loved that one in the pass rather than "99".