YOUR Top 10 Rock Band DLC of 2018

1
LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
Loved reading these last year and want to see them again.

Since every artist - at least - has been unwrapped, it's time to bring everyone's personal countdown back. Obviously, if you're excited about Andrew WK and Barns Courtney, feel free to hold off a couple of days before sharing your picks

Guidelines:

- RBN re-releases do not count, even if you bought them for the first time
- Free songs DO count

Comments

  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    My picks:

    1. "Crazy On You" by Heart
    2. "Magic Man" by Heart

    *a deep chasm*

    3. "Taking Care of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    4. "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia
    5. "Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche Mode
    6. "Lonely is the Night" by Billy Squier
    7. "Steal My Sunshine" by Len
    8. "Reminiscing" by Little River Band - The one song I didn't recognize from the Yacht Rock pack ended up stealing the show for me
    9. "Pictures of Matchstick Men" by Status Quo - Runner-up in the "Songs I wouldn't have known exist without Rock Band" category
    10. "Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)" by In The Valley Below
  • 1. Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon"
    2. Chvrches - "Graffiti"
    3. Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence"
    4. Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell"
    5. Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    6. Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten"
    7. Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn"
    8. Coheed and Cambria - "Unheavenly Creatures"
    9. 5 Seconds of Summer - "Youngblood"
    10. Looking Glass - "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)"

    Honorable Mentions to Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much", and from the RBN side of things, A Day to Remember's "If It Means a Lot to You". One which very nearly made the list, and the other which would've if RBN had been allowed.
  • No particular order.
    • Status Quo: "Pictures of Matchstick Men"
    • Depeche Mode: "Enjoy the Silence"
    • Halestorm: "Uncomfortable"
    • Culture Club: "Karma Chameleon"
    • Of Mice and Men: "Back to Me"
    • CHVRCHES: "Graffiti"
    • Natalie Imbruglia: "Torn"
    • Coheed and Cambria: "Unheavenly Creatures"
    • Octavision: "Three Lives"
    • Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams: "Time to Say Goodbye" and "This Will Be the Day" tied
    I actually preferred a lot of the RBN rereleases to most of this though.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited December 2018
    1. Heart - "Crazy On You"
    2. Nine Days - "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)"
    3. Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night"
    4. Commodores - "Brick House"
    5. Heart - "Magic Man"
    6. Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    7. Del Amitri - "Roll To Me"
    8. Len - "Steal My Sunshine"
    9. Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
    10. Joe Jackson - "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

    Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Torn, Enjoy the Silence, Takin' Care of Business, Bad Company, When the Curtain Falls, Unwell, All You Wanted, Run-Around, Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Baby Come Back, Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Cumbersome
  • 1. Bad Company “Bad Company”
    2. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    3. Seven Mary Three “Cumbersome”
    4. Heart “Crazy on You”
    5. BTO “Takin’ Care of Business”
    6. Status Quo “Pictures of Matchstick Men”
    7. Greta Van Fleet “When the Curtain Falls”
    8. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    9. Portugal.The Man “Live in the Moment”
    10. Nastasha Bedingfield “Unwritten”
  • 1. I Remember You -- Skid Row
    2. Cumbersome -- Seven Mary Three
    3. All You Wanted -- Michelle Branch
    4. Baby Come Back -- Player
    5. Takin' Care of Business -- Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    6. Torn -- Natalie Imbruglia
    7. Right Here, Right Now -- Jesus Jones
    8. Open Water -- Assuming We Survive
    9. Shame -- Jocelyn and Chris Arndt
    10. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) -- Rupert Holmes

    Honorable mentions because narrowing the list down to 10 is too hard: When the Curtain Falls, Brick House, the other 2 Yacht Rock songs, both Heart songs, both songs titled Broken, Stolen Dance, The Heart From Your Hate, My Demons, Back to Me, Graffiti
  • TheStuddz said:

    1. Heart - "Crazy On You"
    2. Nine Days - "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)"
    3. Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night"
    4. Commodores - "Brick House"
    5. Heart - "Magic Man"
    6. Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    7. Del Amitri - "Roll To Me"
    8. Len - "Steal My Sunshine"
    9. Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
    10. Joe Jackson - "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

    Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Torn, Enjoy the Silence, Takin' Care of Business, Bad Company, When the Curtain Falls, Unwell, All You Wanted, Unwell, Run-Around, Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Baby Come Back, Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Cumbersome

    I actually regret buying Roll To Me. I bought it hoping it would be fun to play, and to me, it wasn't. I played it that one time and never again! :p
  • djb5f1 said:

    1. Bad Company “Bad Company”
    2. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    3. Seven Mary Three “Cumbersome”
    4. Heart “Crazy on You”
    5. BTO “Takin’ Care of Business”
    6. Status Quo “Pictures of Matchstick Men”
    7. Greta Van Fleet “When the Curtain Falls”
    8. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    9. Portugal.The Man “Live in the Moment”
    10. Nastasha Bedingfield “Unwritten”

    Contrasting my comment above about Roll To Me, I found Unwritten way more fun to play. One of those purchases that turns out better than expected.
  • KidSleez said:

    TheStuddz said:

    1. Heart - "Crazy On You"
    2. Nine Days - "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)"
    3. Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night"
    4. Commodores - "Brick House"
    5. Heart - "Magic Man"
    6. Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    7. Del Amitri - "Roll To Me"
    8. Len - "Steal My Sunshine"
    9. Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
    10. Joe Jackson - "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

    Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Torn, Enjoy the Silence, Takin' Care of Business, Bad Company, When the Curtain Falls, Unwell, All You Wanted, Unwell, Run-Around, Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Baby Come Back, Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Cumbersome

    I actually regret buying Roll To Me. I bought it hoping it would be fun to play, and to me, it wasn't. I played it that one time and never again! :p
    Sorry to hear! I really enjoy playing it, but my enjoyment might be amplified by the fact that I had wanted the song in the game for a long time. Contrasting your comment, I only find "Unwritten" a so-so time. ;)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    It sucked seeing how few songs (relatively speaking) we have to chose from these days over a year, especially if you eliminate RBN and Rewinds... but these lists are still hard to make because HMX is still bringing in a bunch of good stuff, both known and obscure.

    My list, mostly in no particular order but I’ll put numbers besides them anyway:
    1. Depeche Mode “ Enjoy the Silence” (more from them, please!)
    2. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    3. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    4. Portugal. The Man “Live in the Moment”
    5. Milky Chance “Stolen Dance”
    6. The Warning “Survive” (Give This Song A Chance, People!… Superfun!)
    7. Walk the Moon “Kamikaze”
    8. Assuming We Survive “Open Water” (one of many surprises that gets tons of online play)
    9. In the valley Below “Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)” (another unexpected gem)

    10. All the 70’s era classic rock I couldn’t fit on the list and all the RBN songs I repurchased.
  • 1. Heart "Crazy on You"
    2. Depeche Mode "Enjoy the Silence"
    3. Milky Chance "Stolen Dance"
    4. The Warning "Survive"
    5. Seether feat. Amy Lee "Broken"
    6. 5 Seconds of Summer "Youngblood"
    7. Nine Days "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)"
    8. Savage Garden "I Want You"
    9. Skid Row "I Remember You"
    10. Culture Club "Karma Chameleon"
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    1. “Magic Man” - Heart
    2. “Crazy on You” - Heart
    3. “I Hear the Dead” - Dolly Spartans
    4. “Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)” - In the Valley Below
    5. “Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” - Looking Glass
    6. “Graffiti” - CHVRCHES
    7. “Run-Around” - Blues Traveler
    8. “Reminiscing” - Little River Band
    9. “Karma Chameleon” - Culture Club
    10. “Enjoy the Silence” - Depeche Mode
  • 1. Greta Van Fleet - When The Curtain Falls
    2. Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
    3. Heart - Magic Man
    4. Heart - Crazy On You
    5. Bachman Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care of Business
    6. Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
    7. Breaking Benjamin - Torn In Two
    8. Little River Band - Reminiscing
    9. Player - Baby Come Back
    10. Billy Squier - Lonely Is The Night
  • TheStuddz said:

    KidSleez said:

    TheStuddz said:

    1. Heart - "Crazy On You"
    2. Nine Days - "Absolutely (Story of a Girl)"
    3. Billy Squier - "Lonely is the Night"
    4. Commodores - "Brick House"
    5. Heart - "Magic Man"
    6. Goo Goo Dolls - "Slide"
    7. Del Amitri - "Roll To Me"
    8. Len - "Steal My Sunshine"
    9. Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance"
    10. Joe Jackson - "Is She Really Going Out With Him?"

    Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Torn, Enjoy the Silence, Takin' Care of Business, Bad Company, When the Curtain Falls, Unwell, All You Wanted, Unwell, Run-Around, Brandy (You're a Fine Girl), Baby Come Back, Escape (The Pina Colada Song), Cumbersome

    I actually regret buying Roll To Me. I bought it hoping it would be fun to play, and to me, it wasn't. I played it that one time and never again! :p
    Sorry to hear! I really enjoy playing it, but my enjoyment might be amplified by the fact that I had wanted the song in the game for a long time. Contrasting your comment, I only find "Unwritten" a so-so time. ;)
    Yeah, it's always awesome to get one of your most-wanted songs in the game. That was I Remember You (well, I want as much Skid Row in the game as possible) and Cumbersome for me.

    Back to Del Amitri...I think I'm also still salty because I would've rather had Always the Last to Know in RB :p
  • BachiG said:

    It sucked seeing how few songs (relatively speaking) we have to chose from these days over a year, especially if you eliminate RBN and Rewinds... but these lists are still hard to make because HMX is still bringing in a bunch of good stuff, both known and obscure.

    My list, mostly in no particular order but I’ll put numbers besides them anyway:
    1. Depeche Mode “ Enjoy the Silence” (more from them, please!)
    2. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    3. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    4. Portugal. The Man “Live in the Moment”
    5. Milky Chance “Stolen Dance”
    6. The Warning “Survive” (Give This Song A Chance, People!… Superfun!)
    7. Walk the Moon “Kamikaze”
    8. Assuming We Survive “Open Water” (one of many surprises that gets tons of online play)
    9. In the valley Below “Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)” (another unexpected gem)

    10. All the 70’s era classic rock I couldn’t fit on the list and all the RBN songs I repurchased.

    Oops, I think I forgot Survive in my honorable mentions. It's a good song and fun to play.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    1. When The Curtain Falls - Greta Van Fleet
    2. Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
    3. Stolen Dance - Milky Chance
    4. Red Red Wine - UB40
    5. Graffiti - CHVRCHES
    6. Run-Around - Blues Traveler
    7. Crazy on You - Heart
    8. Simplify - Young The Giant
    9. Roll to Me - Del Amitri
    10. Brick House - Commodores


    I actually found it really difficult to pick out the top 10 due to how few non-RBN, non-rewind releases there were, and how few of those I actually ended up liking this year. Every once in awhile we're still getting awesome songs, but 'every once in awhile' is getting fewer and further between.
  • KidSleez said:

    djb5f1 said:

    1. Bad Company “Bad Company”
    2. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    3. Seven Mary Three “Cumbersome”
    4. Heart “Crazy on You”
    5. BTO “Takin’ Care of Business”
    6. Status Quo “Pictures of Matchstick Men”
    7. Greta Van Fleet “When the Curtain Falls”
    8. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    9. Portugal.The Man “Live in the Moment”
    10. Nastasha Bedingfield “Unwritten”

    Contrasting my comment above about Roll To Me, I found Unwritten way more fun to play. One of those purchases that turns out better than expected.
    Unless your on pro-drums... such an awful arm breaking song lol.
    Love Unwritten on vocals though ! Especially harmonies!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited December 2018
    1. Halestorm - "Uncomfortable"
    2. Matchbox Twenty - "Unwell"
    3. Heart - "Crazy on You"
    4. Heart - "Magic Man"
    5. Assuming We Survive - "Open Water"
    6. Of Mice & Men - "Back to Me"
    7. Breaking Benjamin - "Torn in Two"
    8. Seether ft. Amy Lee - "Broken"
    9. Skid Row - "I Remember You"
    10. Starset - "My Demons"

    This list would mostly be RBN if those were to be included. This year has been a weird one for RB but outside of no RBVR songs since January and a significant quantity decrease for December it's been generally a good one. Hopes for 2019:
    - The rest of the RBVR songs
    - More RBN songs
    - More DLC like season 8
  • Is there an easy way to view the eligible songs?
  • Is there an easy way to view the eligible songs?

    I looked on Wikipedia

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    In retrospect, this year competes with 2017 more than I thought it would... though I'm not sure I would still have that opinion without the late influx of Heart.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited December 2018
    1- Crazy on You
    2- Takin' Care of Business
    3- Lonely Is the Night
    4- Slide
    5- I Don't Want to Be
    6- Broken (Seether ft. Amy Lee)
    7- Bad Company
    8- Cumbersome
    9- Stolen Dance
    10- Run-Around

    Honorable mentions:
    When the Curtain Falls
    My Demons
    Broken (lovelytheband)

    Amazing underground song of the year:
    I Hear the Dead

    Retrospective of 2018:
    The music selection during the early part of the year was fairly decent. A lot of great gets that were sorely missing from our libraries. The summer was almost entirely RBN songs with the exception of the Yacht pack and a few singles basically disqualifying it from this discussion. The fall to the end of the year was very lackluster again with a bunch of RBN songs along with the saving grace of Heart. Rock Band DLC clearly needs a return to form soon with at least two amazing bands (hopefully packs). Otherwise I can see this game surely but slowly fading away. And I've always been told it's better to burn out when it comes to Rock n Roll.

    2017 to 2018 song count (including free tracks and rewinds):
    135-123
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Another thought: I am SO GLAD Harmonix worked to branch out beyond the Boston scene for its free tracks this year.

    I love some of the New England acts I've been introduced to through this game through the years (from the Irresponsibles to Ruby Rose Fox), but by the time The Record Co. songs were introduced in 2017, it felt like things were getting stale.

    Looking forward to more from ReverbNation in 2019, and hopefully from KROQ too!
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    edited December 2018
    Here is my Top 10, but there is a good chance that the Andrew W.K. song will take the number 9 spot (kicking Depeche Mode off the list)
    1. Bachman–Turner Overdrive - "Takin' Care of Business"
    2. Bad Company - "Bad Company"
    3. Rupert Holmes - "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)"
    4. Nightmare Air - "Who's Your Lover"
    5. Looking Glass - "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)"
    6. Heart - "Crazy on You"
    7. Starset - "My Demons"
    8. Sister Sledge - "We Are Family"
    9. Portugal. The Man - "Live in the Moment"
    10. Depeche Mode - "Enjoy the Silence"
  • 1. "Lonely is the Night" - Billy Squier
    2. "Magic Man" - Heart
    3. "Takin' Care of Business" - BTO
    4. "Crazy on You" - Heart
    5. "Unwell" - Matchbox Twenty
    6. "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" - Joe Jackson
    7. "When the Curtain Falls" - Greta Van Fleet
    8. "Cumbersome" - Seven Mary Three
    9. "Broken" - lovelytheband
    10. "Bloodhands (Oh My Fever)" - In the Valley Below

    Honorable Mention: "I Remember You", "Bad Company", Escape (The Pina Colada Song)", and "Sober Up".
  • KidSleez said:

    djb5f1 said:

    1. Bad Company “Bad Company”
    2. Billy Squier “Lonely is the Night”
    3. Seven Mary Three “Cumbersome”
    4. Heart “Crazy on You”
    5. BTO “Takin’ Care of Business”
    6. Status Quo “Pictures of Matchstick Men”
    7. Greta Van Fleet “When the Curtain Falls”
    8. Skid Row “I Remember You”
    9. Portugal.The Man “Live in the Moment”
    10. Nastasha Bedingfield “Unwritten”

    Contrasting my comment above about Roll To Me, I found Unwritten way more fun to play. One of those purchases that turns out better than expected.
    Unless your on pro-drums... such an awful arm breaking song lol.
    Love Unwritten on vocals though ! Especially harmonies!
    This is how I felt about Youngblood on guitar. The song isn't bad, but I hate the chart. All HOPOs, all the time.
  • Came up with 14 and had a hell of a time cutting 4 from it... Here's what I settled on, no particular order:

    Takin Care of Business
    I Remember You
    Bad Company
    Cumbersome
    Torn In Two
    Baby Come Back
    When The Curtain Falls
    My Demons
    Crazy On You
    Magic Man

    The 4 I painfully cut were:

    Brandy
    Lonely Is The Night
    Slide
    Broken (Seether)
  • 1 "The Touch", Stan Bush
    2 "I Remember You", Skid Row
    3 "Bad Company", Bad Company
    4 "Brick House", Commodores
    5 "Crazy on You", Heart
    6 "Takin' Care of Business", Bachman–Turner Overdrive
    7 "Magic Man", Heart
    8 "Enjoy the Silence", Depeche Mode
    9 "Is She Really Going Out with Him?", Joe Jackson
    10 "Red Red Wine", UB40
  • 1 "The Touch", Stan Bush
    2 "I Remember You", Skid Row
    3 "Bad Company", Bad Company
    4 "Brick House", Commodores
    5 "Crazy on You", Heart
    6 "Takin' Care of Business", Bachman–Turner Overdrive
    7 "Magic Man", Heart
    8 "Enjoy the Silence", Depeche Mode
    9 "Is She Really Going Out with Him?", Joe Jackson
    10 "Red Red Wine", UB40

    RBN re-release as #1...tsk tsk! :p
1
Sign In or Register to comment.