DLC Discussion Thread: Andrew W.K. and Barns Courtney!

Comments

• My guess is a RB2 metal rewind for the other song so like Peace Sells for example.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Not a Slayer fan by any means, but a big band getting a new song will always be welcomed.
  • My guess is a RB2 metal rewind for the other song so like Peace Sells for example.

Heart was two songs, but only one in the pass. Third Eye Blind was two songs, but only one in the pass. Hence why I reckon it's MOAR SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRR--

...sorry
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Vexus said:

Maybe a second (well, sixth) Slayer song. War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Repentless and Chemical Warfare seem like safeish bets to me.

Oh man, let’s PLEASE get Dead Skin Mask. Nearly all my favorite Slayer songs would be represented then
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    If it's MOAR SLAYYYYYER I would want Dittohead. Just a selfish choice there
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 1
    Vexus said:

My guess is a RB2 metal rewind for the other song so like Peace Sells for example.

Heart was two songs, but only one in the pass. Third Eye Blind was two songs, but only one in the pass. Hence why I reckon it's MOAR SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRR--

...sorry
    I did consider that and if a 2nd Slayer song was to be in this week I'd guess War Ensemble (the replacement GH Metallica song). Still consider a RB2 rewind as more likely but we'll probably find out tomorrow what the rest of the week is (if not HMX announcing it, the Australian PS4 store).
  • Vexus said:

My guess is a RB2 metal rewind for the other song so like Peace Sells for example.

...sorry
    I did consider that and if a 2nd Slayer song was to be in this week I'd guess War Ensemble (the replacement GH Metallica song). Still consider a RB2 rewind as more likely but we'll probably find out tomorrow what the rest of the week is (if not HMX announcing it, the Australian PS4 store).
    What if you're right and it is an RB2 metal rewind... but it's Visions? :tongue:
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Vexus said:

Vexus said:

...sorry
    What if you're right and it is an RB2 metal rewind... but it's Visions? :tongue:
    Oh lord... are we trying to make this first week of 2019 as awful as possible so that anytime during the year when everyone’s complaining HMX can just point back to this week and tell us behave or you get more like this?!
  • BachiG said:

Vexus said:

Vexus said:

...sorry
    Oh lord... are we trying to make this first week of 2019 as awful as possible so that anytime during the year when everyone’s complaining HMX can just point back to this week and tell us behave or you get more like this?!
    We had that a few weeks ago when they brought out that Maroon 5 song.
    edited January 1
    Vexus said:

BachiG said:

Vexus said:

Vexus said:

...sorry
    We had that a few weeks ago when they brought out that Maroon 5 song.
    That was 2018. We have the WHOLE year of 2019 for them to reference this time!

Btw, @ 2:27 into the song,I’m pretty sure I hear the singer state how I feel about the song when he says “Doody head.”
  • Inb4 it's You Suffer by Napalm Death
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    BachiG said:

Vexus said:

Vexus said:

...sorry
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I’d consider a Slayer/Abnormality week to be better than 95% of the weeks from last year
    hiimSMAP said:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I’d consider a Slayer/Abnormality week to be better than 95% of the weeks from last year

I am completely kidding around. The Slayer isn’t for me, but I definitely don’t hold the choice against HMX and everyone who will enjoy getting it.
  • The season so far for me would look like:
    1. Crazy on You
    2. Magic Man
    3. Semi-Charmed Life '09
    4. Never Let You Go '09
    5. Lose It
    6. Natural
    7. Music is Worth Living For
    8. Hotel Key
    9. 99
    10. Girls Like You
    11. Angel of Death
  • hiimSMAP said:

Vexus said:

Maybe a second (well, sixth) Slayer song. War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Repentless and Chemical Warfare seem like safeish bets to me.

Oh man, let’s PLEASE get Dead Skin Mask. Nearly all my favorite Slayer songs would be represented then
    The main reason I went with that one is that it's now the only song from Rocksmith's Slayer pack we haven't got. Similarly, War Ensemble and Chemical Warfare are in GH games (the former also in RS2014) so we know those can be licensed too. Repentless is there just because of Harmonix's penchant for recent tracks.
  • Mine would be:

1. Crazy on You
    2. Semi-Charmed Life '09
    3. Magic Man
    4. Never Let You Go '09
    5. Music is Worth Living For
    6. Angel of Death
    7. 99
    8. Natural
    9. Lose It
    10. Hotel Key
    11. Girls Like You
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Not into Slayer but if the other song this week ends up being "War Ensemble" then I would definitely pick it up.
    Otherwise I'm fairly certain I'll be skipping this week if both songs end up being thrash metal or non-symphonic metal of some variety
  • Vexus said:

...sorry
    I hope not. One song I can't play is enough. :smile:
  • edited January 2
    tdc002 said:

I know Slayer's not for everybody, but this is still a big get. Plus it's been a good while since we've gotten any metal.

I don't mind Slayer getting some love but I'd rather the devil head stuff always be left out of the pass.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    Wildcat15 said:

I wonder which band will have the other song, probably someone on their tour:

Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, Napalm Death, Orbituary, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth or Testament.

That would be incredible if we got a Napalm Death song but it seems more likely to get more Megadeth although I don't mind that one bit.
  • @grumblevolcano what kind of sorcery is this?
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Metal from bands that I am actual familiar with? Cool.
    It's old and we never got it before, "for some reason", and I think I can guess the reason, and I think we can conclude by now that I'm never going to "just get used to" this particular flaw in Today's Rock Band.

On the plus side, I only had the song freeze up ("stutter") once in the 30+ songs I played this week.