January 2019 DLC Prediction Thread: New Year, Same Predictions

Comments

• To add to your list:
    - no online at launch lost sales for many of their yearly supporters.
    - The music genre just isn’t popular anymore.

It stinks we are back to having game stuttering issues and no mention of fixes for them yet . Makes the game unplayable and unfun when it happens.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

tdc002 said:

Really hope we do get that Against the Current song and Remedy at aome point. Not holding my breath at this point but...

I was thinking that some popular RBN songs might be saved for the spotlight passes to help promote the newer songs. If DLC is going to stay being mostly songs from the past few years those big RBN songs like Remedy may be what it takes for more people to check out the new music.

A Juliana Hatfield single
    Songs from the top of the Modern Rock charts from 2018
    A pony

Scratch that - I have no space or time for a pony - maybe a visit to a petting zoo featuring at least one capybara? Is that something HMX can arrange for all of us?
    OH and an envelope filled with almost one full ounce of Rock Band swag.

It must be time for Imagine Dragons if that happens, Billboard announced the 10 top rock songs of the year and the top 5 is 4 Imagine Dragons songs and Feel It Still. Full list is:

1. Imagine Dragons - "Thunder"
    2. Portugal. The Man - "Feel It Still"
    3. Imagine Dragons - "Believer"
    4. Imagine Dragons - "Whatever It Takes"
    5. Imagine Dragons - "Natural"
    6. Foster the People - "Sit Next to Me"
    7. lovelytheband - "broken"
    8. Bad Wolves - "Zombie"
    9. Panic! At the Disco - "High Hopes"
    10. Weezer - "Africa"
    Also, I wouldn't mind getting High Hopes. It's insane to me we still haven't gotten Panic! at the Disco in the RB4 era.
    I know, right? I expected to get at least three songs from their fifth album, as well as a few from their fourth and sixth.

As someone, who really liked their first album and loved their second, I'd like some older stuff too.
    I really expected to get stuff from Death of Bachelor. A lot of stuff off that album would probably work better in RB4 than their newest album.
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    edited December 2018
    I don't know if I know enough new music to really guess at the DLC this month if we're doing the old/new thing. That said...

Week of 1/3 : Old Fun for a New Year

Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown (RB3 Remix) (RBN Rewind)
    Weebl's Stuff - Amazing Horse (RBN Rewind)

Week of 1/10: Some New Stuff

Modern Artist 1 - Song
    Indie Artist 2 - Other Song

Week of 1/17: Season 9 Wrapup

John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (RBN Rewind)
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (RB1 Rewind)

Week of 1/24: Season 9/10 Break Surprise Songs

Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
    Rob Zombie - (I'm Your) Boogie Man

Week of 1/31: Season 10 Kickoff with Old Friends

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth (RB2 Rewind)
    Lacuna Coil - Spellbound

(edit: screwed up Rivals and weeks, fixed)
  • I'd be surprised if we got a Lacuna Coil song from Shallow Life that wasn't a re-release of Survive.

You could cut that previous sentence off at the tenth word and it would still be accurate, though.
  • A man's got to believe in something.

...I believe I'll have another beer.
  • Vexus said:

I'd be surprised if we got a Lacuna Coil song from Shallow Life that wasn't a re-release of Survive.

You could cut that previous sentence off at the tenth word and it would still be accurate, though.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. There are a ton of Coil songs I'd like to get, but the only ones I see as feasible are Survive or Our Truth re-releases... And I'm not sure they are popular enough for Hmx to bother with.
  • I know the chance of the new Demon Hunter dlc is nil, but I'm foolishly hoping for new Slipknot from their upcoming '19 album; and if there's nothing for Dream Theater's anniversary of "Metropolis" during 2019, that would be the biggest let down ever. And how about "Remedy" finally?
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act

Vexus said:

I'd be surprised if we got a Lacuna Coil song from Shallow Life that wasn't a re-release of Survive.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. There are a ton of Coil songs I'd like to get, but the only ones I see as feasible are Survive or Our Truth re-releases... And I'm not sure they are popular enough for Hmx to bother with.
    I don't know, Survive is #109 in the RBN (unofficial) rankings; we've had a couple of songs slightly above (BEER! at 102, Australia at 103) as well as some considerably below (2 of the 3 Band of Horses songs, Pac-Man Fever, River of Tuoni, and notably Knifeman at 927 and which was never even ported to PS3). Especially if we keep getting RBN songs at the rate we've been getting them (slightly less than 50% of songs), I think it has a good chance.

As for my predictions for January...

Jan 3 - RBN singles
    Seether - Remedy
    Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel)

Jan 10 - 2018 discounted singles
    Panic! At the Disco - High Hopes
    Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit

Jan 17 - Between the Buried and Me 01
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession (RBN rerelease)
    Mordecai (RBN rerelease)
    Condemned to the Gallows (new song, discounted)

Jan 24 - Discover: ReverbNation 02
    3 free-with-Rivals songs from unknown artists

Jan 31 - random rock singles
    The Strokes - Last Nite
    The Kooks - Naive (Rewind)
    edited December 2018

Vexus said:

True - both are already charted, and Survive sold pretty well based on the xBox best-sellers. That said, Spellbound is a total banger, and rates up there for pure fun with Amaranth these days. Just a PITA to boot the PS3 to play it and 3-4 other songs via Rise of the Six String these days.

Well, gotta dream.
  • Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE Spellbound... I'm just not expecting it.

That is among several other songs I'd take off that album before Survive... Unfortunately, that one is already charted which gives it an advantage.
  • Our Truth is a RB2 song so that automatically increases its chances of being a rewind. Even with us not getting many rewinds in 2018, half of them were RB2:

RB1
    Radiohead - "Creep"
    The Strokes - "Reptilia"

RB2
    The Go-Go's - "We Got the Beat"
    Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"
    The Offspring - "Come Out and Play"
    Linkin Park - "One Step Closer"

LRB
    Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"

RB3
    Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"
  • I still hope to see Nightwish with Tarja Turunen 🤘 symphonic metal to challenge the singers
  • On the subject of Nightwish, one of the live versions of Ghost Love Score with Floor Jansen would be harder than anything else on vocals.

Still, Amaranth is in my opinion the least interesting Nightwish song to date, and they're one of the three symphonic metal bands I can realistically see us getting more content of alongside Within Temptation and Amberian Dawn RBN re-releases.
  • I had Spotify play me "Rock" and I'll be damned if there weren't plenty of songs in the playlist that were actually:
    1) recent
    2) not remotely objectionable (only a few songs had me hitting "skip" after 30-60 seconds)

Many (though not all) of them were actual rock songs, with guitars and everything, stuff that would work well in the game.

Though as it turns out, very few songs stood out as "awesome, I wanna hear that again" (Greta Van Fleet being one of the exceptions). And maybe many of them weren't actually "hits" (on the general Billboard chart) ... but surely they were big on the Modern Rock or Indie Rock chart, at least.
  • edfrank_jredfrank_jr Opening Act
    edited December 2018
    1/3
    Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire (RBN)
    Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock

1/10
    Train - Pack 01
    - 50 Ways to Say Goodbye
    - Drive By
    - Hey, Soul Sister

1/17
    Seether - Remedy (RBN)
    A Day To Remember - Better Off This Way (RBN)
    Anarchy Club - A Bullet in the Head (RBN)

1/24
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (RB3)
    The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (RB1)

1/31
    Maroon 5 - Maps
    Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    The Wind and The Wave - Grand Canyon
  • With all this talk of symphonic metal I hope that someday they add back my favourite RBN songs ever, Curse You All Men! and Inno A Satana by Emperor.
  • Vexus said:

On the subject of Nightwish, one of the live versions of Ghost Love Score with Floor Jansen would be harder than anything else on vocals.

Still, Amaranth is in my opinion the least interesting Nightwish song to date, and they're one of the three symphonic metal bands I can realistically see us getting more content of alongside Within Temptation and Amberian Dawn RBN re-releases.

I'm still miffed that we never got any WT from The Unforgiving at least... At least Faster please? Please?!
  • Hadn't heard Faster or Ghost Love Score yet, both would be insta-buys here.
  • Severely need some Within Temptation.

Good Luck Vocalists:
    Angels
    Ice Queen

Guest Duets: (might sell best)
    Paradise
    Dangerous
    And We Run

Faster Songs:
    Our Solemn Hour
    A Shot In The Dark
    Faster
  • I much prefer Whole World Is Watching to And We Run, but not sure it would be particularly fun to play...

I imagine the band would probably want one of their new singles involved in anything they do however... I like The Reckoning in particular, so I wouldn't be sad about that.

I'd love The Unforgiving album... But that is never gonna happen.
  • I'd love Utopia by them. One of my favorites but seems extremely unlikely in this state of the game.
  • I'll say 3 songs start off the year strong...

Pale Waves - One More Time
    Elle King - Shame
    Eddie Japan - When Things Fall Apart
  • As this week's DLC is metal, seems unrealistic for next week to be more metal. Also we're seeing the return of rewinds in challenge weeks so I'll change up the predictions a bit:

1/10 - New songs
    Panic! At the Disco - "High Hopes" (spotlight pass, 25% off for 2 weeks)
    Foster the People - "Sit Next to Me" (spotlight pass, 25% off for 2 weeks)

1/17 - A Day to Remember
    Have Faith in Me
    It's Complicated (spotlight pass)

1/24 - RWBY and Rewind
    [insert RWBY song]
    Dream Theater - "Panic Attack" (rewind)

1/31 - RBVR
    Against the Current - "Running With the Wild Things" (spotlight pass, 25% off for 2 weeks)
    The Starting Line - "Quitter" (spotlight pass, 25% off for 2 weeks)
    A Cheryl Crow pack without A Change Would Do You Good?

:o
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 2
    Intros9 said:

I highly considered it! I could probably make two or three 3-packs for her, but I think the three I listed would be the most likely. Since we're only getting two songs a week now and artist packs are rare, just getting "Everyday is a Winding Road" and "Soak Up the Sun" would be just fine by me!
  • TheStuddz said:

Intros9 said:

I highly considered it! I could probably make two or three 3-packs for her, but I think the three I listed would be the most likely. Since we're only getting two songs a week now and artist packs are rare, just getting "Everyday is a Winding Road" and "Soak Up the Sun" would be just fine by me!
    Sheryl is definitely another artist where I'm surprised we never got at least a second song. I would take If It Makes You Happy or Soak Up the Sun preferably, but there's a handful of others too (Leaving Las Vegas, Strong Enough, Everyday is a Winding Road) that would be fine.
  • I'll predict a Sheryl Crow 6 pack, why not?

Sheryl Crow Pack 01

If It Makes You Happy
    Everyday Is a Winding Road
    Soak Up The Sun
    A Change Would Do You Good
    My Favorite Mistake
    Anything But Down
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited January 2
    I think getting more than 1 more Sheryl Crow song in 2019 is a huge longshot.
    But getting one more of her songs as DLC? Seems like a reasonable guess to me! And one that would, uh, make me happy.

Rocksmith had a pack with “If It Makes You Happy”, “Soak Up the Sun”, and "My Favorite Mistake", but that fact means next to nothing in terms of predicting what RB might get. I'd insta-buy literally any song off of the 2 CDs of hers that I own [and there are surely other songs of hers that I would buy too, including That Very Popular Duet That I Don't See Anyone Mentioning Yet].