January 2019 DLC Prediction Thread: New Year, Same Predictions

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    edited January 7
    The only Goldfinger song I really remember is "I Want" from the Burnout Revenge soundtrack. That's a soundtrack I'd gladly buy most of.
  • The ideal and best selling pack for Goldfinger would have to include 99 Red Balloons and Superman though.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act

The ideal and best selling pack for Goldfinger would have to include 99 Red Balloons and Superman though.

Absolutely agreed! This would actually make a fantastic week!! :)
  • Since I missed the first two weeks:

1/17: Queen:
    -Brighton Rock (Spotlight)
    -Bohemian Rhapsody

1/24: Aussie Tracks:
    -Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
    -New Sensation - INXS

1/31: Maroon 5 03:
    -Maps
    -Harder To Breathe
    -What Lovers Do (Feat. SZA)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior

A Juliana Hatfield single
    Songs from the top of the Modern Rock charts from 2018
    A pony

Scratch that - I have no space or time for a pony - maybe a visit to a petting zoo featuring at least one capybara? Is that something HMX can arrange for all of us?
    OH and an envelope filled with almost one full ounce of Rock Band swag.

Hey, how about that, we just got some songs from the top of the Modern Rock charts from 2018!

*toots own horn*

I also received a very familiar looking envelope last week, it was hand-addressed to me by me. I put it aside to open later. Now I can't find it anywhere.

*headdesk*

• Everybody has been talking about stars on the other thread and that made me think of this one song I have never predicted before, so I'm gonna predict it now:

Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight

I would just about die and go to Heaven if we got this great song. And I can't imagine the poor forgotten Starland Vocal Band would ask for too much money to license this song. They may be forgotten, but their song isn't. It was massive.
    And made famous again more recently by the show "Arrested Development"
    (the words "famous" and "recently" should probably both be in quotes)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Stars,... Jimi’s Star-Spangled Banner would be fun
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

And made famous again more recently by the show "Arrested Development"
    (the words "famous" and "recently" should probably both be in quotes)

Offhand, I also remember it from Anchorman and Good will Hunting, so I'd bet on too much money.
    Cheesy songs are CHEAP and that's why they appear regularly in movies. Inexpensive nostalgia.
    Oh, but then the song becomes "iconic" and no longer cheap? Maybe.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Debuting at number 32 this week is "Baby Shark". Surely it will be out as DLC by April.

I’m on board for this!
    If they made an epic version with full use of instruments and at least one guitar solo: maybe!
    [like with the Snoop Dogg songs, or "Trogdor" from GHII]
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    If we got "Trogdor" and "Because It's Midnight" it would probably be my favorite week since The Cure/Cyndi Lauper/Fine Young Cannibals back in 2016

Homestar Runner isn't nearly as relevant as it was back in the day though, unfortunately it's probably just massively wishful thinking at this point.
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Can we make it a 3-pack with Cavemen Rejoice by the Bags as well?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    My prediction for next week, common tie, used for popular HBO show theme songs.

Jane’s Addiction - Superhero (Entourage)
    Elvis Costello - This Year’s Grirl (The Deuce Seaon 2)
    I just paid a non-trivial amount of money to help Kickstart a Trogdor board game!
    Yes, it's definitely wishful thinking that we get any Homestar Runner songs, but they aren't totally dead + gone
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 11
    I don't think we'll get it in January, but I just thought I'd put out my occasional reminder that we need "Blow at High Dough" by the Tragically Hip brought forward from the RBN sometime soon.

Canadians not getting a Hip song ported from the RBN would be equivalent to Bruce Springsteen having an RBN song and it not getting ported for Americans (okay, I get that that simile doesn't work, as Springsteen is well-known internationally and the Hip is mostly just known in Canada, but go with it). They're our biggest and best, and we love them from the bottom of our hearts. It would suck if their only song in Rock Band ended up stuck on last-gen consoles.

Canada Day is July 1st. Almost six months away, tons of time to write up a contract. June 27th would be the perfect time to release it, just saying... Bundle it with another Hip song, or more realistically a "Summer of '69" rewind, and we Canadians will be forever grateful.
  • edited January 11
    TheStuddz said:

I don't think we'll get it in January, but I just thought I'd put out my occasional reminder that we need "Blow at High Dough" by the Tragically Hip brought forward from the RBN sometime soon.

Canadians not getting a Hip song ported from the RBN would be equivalent to Bruce Springsteen having an RBN song and it not getting ported for Americans (okay, I get that that simile doesn't work, as Springsteen is well-known internationally and the Hip is mostly just known in Canada, but go with it). They're our biggest and best, and we love them from the bottom of our hearts. It would suck if their only song in Rock Band ended up stuck on last-gen consoles.

Canada Day is July 1st. Almost six months away, tons of time to write up a contract. June 27th would be the perfect time to release it, just saying... Bundle it with another Hip song, or more realistically a "Summer of '69" rewind, and we Canadians will be forever grateful.

Blow at High Dough with Summer of '69 would be a great Canadian week! You don't even need to actually be Canadian! :)
  • I reckon they'll do two pairs of RBN songs from different artists and put one song from each artist in the Spotlight Pass. Something like...

The Bronx singles:
    Young Bloods (spotlight)
    Past Lives

Sleater-Kinney singles:
    Entertain (spotlight)
    Jumpers
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Vexus said:

I reckon they'll do two pairs of RBN songs from different artists and put one song from each artist in the Spotlight Pass. Something like...

The Bronx singles:
    Young Bloods (spotlight)
    Past Lives

Sleater-Kinney singles:
    Entertain (spotlight)
    Jumpers

I believe we only have one song left in the spotlight pass.
  • TheStuddz said:

Vexus said:

I reckon they'll do two pairs of RBN songs from different artists and put one song from each artist in the Spotlight Pass. Something like...

The Bronx singles:
    Young Bloods (spotlight)
    Past Lives

Sleater-Kinney singles:
    Entertain (spotlight)
    Jumpers

Ah, I got thrown off by RBDB showing two unknown songs coming up. In that case, just two tracks any non-metal RBN band.
  • Vexus said:

TheStuddz said:

Vexus said:

The Bronx singles:
    Young Bloods (spotlight)
    Past Lives

Sleater-Kinney singles:
    Entertain (spotlight)
    Jumpers

Ah, I got thrown off by RBDB showing two unknown songs coming up. In that case, just two tracks any non-metal RBN band.
    You don't think they're going to have 3 consecutive weeks of metal? :p
  • Vexus said:

TheStuddz said:

Vexus said:

The Bronx singles:
    Young Bloods (spotlight)
    Past Lives

Sleater-Kinney singles:
    Entertain (spotlight)
    Jumpers

You don't think they're going to have 3 consecutive weeks of metal? :p
    Sadly, this is a prediction thread, not a request one!
  • My predictions
    1/18
    - Muse- knights of cydonia (spotlight)
    - Queen- Bohemia Raphsody

1/25
    -Twenty One Pilots- Nico and the Niners (Spotlight)
    -Twenty One Pilots- Chlorine (Spotlight)
  • @Ariel_Loco32 Just a heads up, all DLC are released on Thursday, not Friday. And the Spotlight Pass' last song is on the 17th of January. ;)
  • [insert forum meme of Muse getting delayed again here]

I don't think the 25th will have Spotlights though. The current challenge is the penultimate one for this Rivals season, and there's usually a break of at least one week between them. It's also very rare for an act to have two songs in a Spotlight Pass. The only band that's happened with so far is Skid Row, and that was an unusual case.

I can definitely see us getting more twentyonepilots though.
  • I’d buy a Muse pack quicker than I bought a bag of Reese’s hearts last night... which was quick and unintended.