WAYDRN 2019: Oo That Smell... That New Car Smell.

Comments

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    invoking the long lost call of @Banky71 today:

"Let's rock and clap!"

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    *cough* There was a discussion regarding a certain television broadcast from the other day. PROBABLY teeters on the line of "shouldn't be here," so I put it away.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Mexican Jalapeño Peanut M&Ms are here.
    I don't think this needed to happen.
    I understand the gasps of concern.

AND YET

I like it spicy.
    And I know that chocolate + hot peppers are a wonderful pairing.
    So yes, I'll be seeking these out.

People also get kinda grossed out (or very grossed out) when I order a chocolate jalapeño shake from Sonic. What can you do? People gonna people.
  • The Show: Trackdown

Season 1, Episode 30, "The End of the World", aired in 1958

Will the prophecy be fulfilled?

Mexican Jalapeño Peanut M&Ms are here.
    I don't think this needed to happen.
    I understand the gasps of concern.

AND YET

I like it spicy.
    And I know that chocolate + hot peppers are a wonderful pairing.
    So yes, I'll be seeking these out.

People also get kinda grossed out (or very grossed out) when I order a chocolate jalapeño shake from Sonic. What can you do? People gonna people.

dude, I'm in. if you find them near DC, that means they can't be far from me (and vice versa) so I'll be on the lookout too
    The hunt begins at noon!

[so far I've only seen them mentioned Twitter, with their reveal being met with HORROR, but I've looked in literally zero places]

The hunt begins at noon!

[so far I've only seen them mentioned Twitter, with their reveal being met with HORROR, but I've looked in literally zero places]

I was also just informed of Spicy Skittles ...
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Jolly Rancher Hotties are not even the tiniest bit hot. What you want is "The Toe of Satan" off Amazon.

You can do that???

Hmmm... I know that chocolat and chile make for a great mix. But... I'm gonna assume that Sonic doesn't have fresh jalapeños and instead you have them add the canned/vinegar-ey jalapeños to your shake. And that does actually sound pretty gross!
    edited January 10
    Hmmm. Fresh jalapeños in the shake would indeed be way better. Are they fresh? I assumed so! They had no vinegar tang to them that I could detect, but I wasn't expecting that so I wasn't trying to taste for it specifically. What kind do they put on their burgers?

Now that I think about it, they weren't super-crisp, but I just assumed they were chopped up and then "treated" somehow so they would get a little limp, just so they wouldn't get stuck in the straw all the time. [They eventually start sticking together in groups and block up the straw every few minutes, there's no avoiding it]. MAYBE they are taken from a can and rinsed (!). Will having this detail pointed out stop me from ever ordering this shake variety again? No.

The stores around here have an amazing variety of M&Ms but I didn't find any jalapeño. They were announced back in September, and no release date was given, just "sometime in 2019". You can go to their website to search your area for specific varieties but "jalapeño" is not among the options right now.
  • Jalapeños are people from Jalapa, Mexico. Fact.
    edited January 10
    And Habaneros are from Havana, Cuba
    (the peppers from there are called that. the people from Havana? I'm not sure!)
    edited January 11

Jolly Rancher Hotties are not even the tiniest bit hot. What you want is "The Toe of Satan" off Amazon.

I watched your video of your son and you eating hot peppers of increasing intensity. I think your definition of 'hot' may differ from many others'.

If I remember correctly, you finished the challenge so I am pretty sure your tolerance is higher than mine.

In no way am I trying "The Toe of Satan"!
    When you eat very spicy food, your body reacts as if it has just suffered severe burns, and your brain releases endorphins and dopamine. Over time, your body becomes less sensitive to the burning chemical (capsaicin) and you need a stronger dose to get the same reaction.

If you can't get a thrill anymore without eating super-concentrated doses of heat, like in "The Toe of Satan" ... youuuuu might be a pepper addict
    I actually moved to hotter and hotter peppas because I like the flavor of my food. I make a mean steak chili, and I like it spicy. Back in the day I would add more jalapeños to up the spice, but then one day it tasted like jalapeño mash instad of chili. :( That's when I moved up to habeñeros, so I could get the heat and still taste the base food.

Now I grow and use Carolina Reapers.

I watched your video of your son and you eating hot peppers of increasing intensity. I think your definition of 'hot' may differ from many others'.

If I remember correctly, you finished the challenge so I am pretty sure your tolerance is higher than mine.

In no way am I trying "The Toe of Satan"!
    Yeah, that was the Death Nut Challenge and that was an f'n-A painful thing to complete!

Yeah, I like spicy. But I'm not one of those guys who tries to fool people into eating hot stuff, and I also don't pretend like something isn't hot just because I can handle it. Flamin' Hot Cheetos are surprisingly hot! WalMart had some double-X hot ones once and those were smokin'! The Jolly Rancher Hotties and most of the other mainstream supposedly hot candies so far have been "not hot". I do not actually recommend The Toe for normal humans. :smiley:

You can trust me, honest. ;)

Dave's Insanity Corn microwave popcorn is legit. Arse-Kickin' Popcorn is much more manageable.
    I really enjoy anything 'Flamin hot'! They are usually right about a good level of heat for a snack. Cheetos, Fritos, and the Takis were my favorites - Doritos just launched a new one, too!

I also enjoy spicy food, and love a spicy chili; I have to be careful because my wife does not like spice at all, so I have to make different batches of most foods. Sometimes I "forget" or blame it on natural variances in the food and how sometimes when food simmers for varying times the spice becomes more profound.

That's usually how I end up with a 6 quarts of super hot chili from the slow cooker >:)
    My wife has willingly come along with the spiciness, although she does not do the Stupid Hot on a regular basis. (She'll chomp a piece of a Reaper once in a while.) She makes "mini meatloafs" where instead of one big loaf she makes about 12 individual sized ones. Not only do you get more "crust" on the loaf, she can dial up the heat individually for each person's preference!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert

When you eat very spicy food, your body reacts as if it has just suffered severe burns, and your brain releases endorphins and dopamine. Over time, your body becomes less sensitive to the burning chemical (capsaicin) and you need a stronger dose to get the same reaction.

If you can't get a thrill anymore without eating super-concentrated doses of heat, like in "The Toe of Satan" ... youuuuu might be a pepper addict

I've read studies show the effect is litothe sane as herion but at a much lower level.

Hence why I eat spicy food and avoid herion.
  • Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend !
    We are going to be getting snow here :/
  • A casual reminder that “Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon / Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes / That make me think the wrong thing” are actual lyrics from a song that was number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 all the way back in 1998.
  • A casual reminder that “Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon / Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes / That make me think the wrong thing” are actual lyrics from a song that was number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 all the way back in 1998.

And we're blessed with it's presence in the game.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I’m guessing I don’t have that song since the lyrics aren’t familiar... what is it?
  • BachiG said:

I’m guessing I don’t have that song since the lyrics aren’t familiar... what is it?

One Week by Barenaked Ladies - part of the Blitz soundtrack.
    Ah. Ok. Yeah, that’s a weird one.
    Yo, buddies and such!

I played some RB on Friday with a bunch of Randoms; I was a little buzzed but doing 'OK'. The lobby said the guys were playing 'just for fun' so I thought I was safe to do my best.

They were all really good players! They were all on Expert and were playing some nightmare stuff so of course, I choked on a handful of tracks. I always apologized, and gave props to the crew, and was met with 'no problem' by two of the guys. It was nice.

Then the lead guitarist hit me with a "have you heard of practice mode?" chat (not saying it was undeserved) but that sure gave me good reason to quit.

I though 'just for fun' was supposed to be 'just for fun'?

Anyhow, Hi friends! We got some snow on Sunday morning, so I got the boys out there for some snowball fights and snowman building and just a tad of sledding. The backyard has a slope - not great, but adequate - that provided a couple good runs until I felt like my head was going to explode after pushing and pulling those little twerps around.

good times!

How are you all / y'all / all y'all ?
    Yeah... I’ve learned from others that those taunts are often meant “tongue in cheek”... but it’s obviously extremely hard (if not impossible) to tell with all things like that on-line/in a chat or text type environment. Did you stick around long enough to see if they then posted the “heart”? That often implies just joking, but ehh... either way, I always look at it as their problem, not mine.

Things busy here at work, but at least I’ll have more free time now that football season ended for me on Sunday.
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    @DROWGAMER77 , I'm with BachiG on this. You can't tell what a persons remarks actually mean.. For all you know they were actually trying to be helpful. lol. But whatever. You'll probably never run into that person again, so no sense worrying about that. Don't let it steal your fun of playing with others, and realize there's always gonna be someone who will say something stupid. Give em the benefit of the doubt and move on. :wink:
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    “Getting a high score is my idea of fun!” - Random guy
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    edited January 15
    I'm a total lame-o when I play with randoms in rivals. I can barely send a message like "hello" or "good job" I can't think on my feet to get those messages off in a timely manner, as @BachiG is my witness. I always try to send something to convey that I'm friendly and easy going, but because I can rarely send those little messages, I'm sure I come across as totally unfriendly. But what is really really fun, is when I see friends and people I know from here, or friends from the good ole days, and can jump into those sessions. <3