WAYDRN 2019: Oo That Smell... That New Car Smell.

Comments

• Hot take: This is the best Battle Royale game I've ever played.

This game feels smooth as hell to play compared to everything else but Fortnite, the gunplay from Titanfall feels awesome and the movement (if restricted) allowed me to move freely around the map with no fear of anyone. During fights I was moving around buildings like a madman, shooting at every angle and for the first time I was actively hunting the enemy instead of waiting for them to come into my ambush. I did well with randoms as the communication wheel has a lot of options, you always jump together and you can even come back from the dead!

I'm not affiliated with EA or Respawn because damn, sure I sound like it, but I needed to write down an opinion.
    If anyone who wants to try it add me on PS4
    Name: GatoSilvestre15

TLDR; I expected nothing but enjoyed it a lot.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I'm not going to tell the Mods what to do, but If I Were In Charge I would totally have unpinned last year's WAYDRN thread by now
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 5
    Weird, I thought I did. Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: So apparently the function I thought unannounced a thread doesn't do that.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Is anybody else going to see KISS on Thursday night and then Berlin on Friday night?

How about 9th row center floor and 2nd row center floor, respectively, for those shows?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

What the hell happened to the forums?! This new layout on my phone is whack!

edited February 6
    Ok... well that’s weird. Looks just the same as ever on my iPad. Wonder what’s up with my phone?
  • Looks different on my phone too! Blue and white. It’s not bad.

Just takes some getting used too.. the older I get, the more change affects me! I’m getting old!
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited February 7
    I think it's a new version of Vanilla, which probably included an update of the mobile site.

EDIT: At the bottom of the site, it DOES mention the "Vanilla Keystone Theme 2019" in the copyright. So yeah, that's the deal.
    Rough times at my office. No firings, no demotions, it's "just" that we are moving into a new building with an open floor plan. It had to be done, for budgeting reasons. Pretty demoralizing for the PhDs that have been in an office for decades. As demoralizing as getting laid off? Nope!

But I still feel bad for them.

When I found out about this plan about 18 months ago, I promised myself I would apply for jobs so I would have the option of not making this move. Maybe even going somewhere where I would have an office? Or at least re-sharpening my job search skills? Getting a peek at some far, far worse options, to gain some perspective? But I never even got my resume / C.V. put together, and I'm embarrassed about all of it.

tl;dr change is hard.
    I had a window office, it overlooked the forensics building. When I would see a black van pulled up to the delivery entrance, I eventually deduced that it was probably a dead body. There was also a construction site on the other side of the street: constant clanging, hammering, drilling.

I had an office! With a window!
  • I would gladly take their job over the place I work at. People see the very small things as bad , when there’s far worse out there.

...it's "just" that we are moving into a new building with an open floor plan.

Yuck.

But "well paying job" trumps Trump's "jobs! jobs! jobs!" that require help from federal assistance to survive.
  • I had a window office, it overlooked the forensics building. When I would see a black van pulled up to the delivery entrance, I eventually deduced that it was probably a dead body. There was also a construction site on the other side of the street: constant clanging, hammering, drilling.

I have a window office but I don't care too much about it. Of course I work for a school district, so the district offices are just a renovated elementary school, and the only thing I see out the window is a Kia Dealership
    It's vaguely humiliating, it really feels like I did something wrong, but really all I did was, "not put any effort at all into switching to a different job / industry". I'm surrounded by stressed-out people going through the various phases of loss and it stresses me out too. It's how I'm wired.

So how many of THEM went out and got a new job instead? Very few of them. The first one was "the guy who was expected to announce the news and explain it and to lead us through this whole process". The one everyone focused their anger on. Yeah, now THAT was a terrible job to have.

The last one was the person that I worked most closely with, the one who inspired me and reminded me of how many skills I have and how productive I can be when I'm teamed with the right people. And they were actually hesitant to leave, after spending many months working hard to land a truly fantastic position. I implored them not to hesitate, to flee quickly. But that loss hurts.
  • Activision's offering a refund for people who purchased GH Live from December 1st 2017 onwards.
  • Edit post seems to be gone so here's the tweet:

Is that the first “pro-consumer” move activision has made? They usually seem to get railed on by people for being all about making money and milking things to no end. So this seems rather “different” for them.

Maybe it’s just cheaper than the lawsuits that they sensed possibly coming?

Serves as an example maybe as to why a streaming music delivery service for a game like this might not be the best idea ever.

Seems like the result of a lawsuit just settled to me.
    Yeah, as I remember it, there was a message on the start-up screen for GH:L back when they were closing down the GH:TV part, encouraging people to contact them if they bought the game after November 2017. I think it even mentioned that they might be entitled to a rebate / partial refund.

That would make more sense... or at least be more inline with what you’d expect from Activision... I had just never heard therebeing a lawsuit already.

• DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business

I had a window office, it overlooked the forensics building. When I would see a black van pulled up to the delivery entrance, I eventually deduced that it was probably a dead body. There was also a construction site on the other side of the street: constant clanging, hammering, drilling.

It's just a desk in a room with a door. It's not an actual valuation of your worth.

I've worked in offices most of my 'adult' career, and I've come across total wastes of space and resources that contributed nothing to the company but walk around like they have the biggest d**k in the building just because they have a door that closes. I guess it made me pretty sour on the whole idea of 'earning' my own office, or anyone below Senior management.

My last company moved to a HUGE office building shortly before I started there because all the sales managers wanted their own offices. Times were good, so why not? Those offices were mostly empty because sales managers only came into the office on Fridays for the most part.

Then times were not good. There were three re-organizations in 2 years and a lot of people lost their jobs. Good people who actually did positive things, and had been with the company for years. Those offices stayed empty.

Is it a little shot to the ego to 'lose' your office? Maybe. Is it better than losing jobs? Definitely.

Self worth should never be tied to where you put your ass to stare at a monitor. Unless you are making phone calls to clients, discussing sensitive information openly, or have hygiene issues, not having an office is no big deal.

I've always made more friends at offices that share space/cubicles.

I don't want to sound like a callous D-bag, because I can sympathize with your current events, but there is a silver lining my man!

It's vaguely humiliating, it really feels like I did something wrong, but really all I did was, "not put any effort at all into switching to a different job / industry". I'm surrounded by stressed-out people going through the various phases of loss and it stresses me out too. It's how I'm wired.

Wouldn't it fill you with more stress to go through the whole process of job hunting again? I tell you, it's not the same as it was probably the last time you had to worry about it. That is more stressful, as I can tell you from recent experience. Maintaining your position and salary is huge!

Like your past coworker said, you shine when paired up with others!

Time to shine, brother man

OH, hey everybody else. Happy Friday

:*
    Working from home today as they transfer all the equipment from the old office to the new one. I have a window today! I can see squirrels and trees and the coolers that I meant to bring in after the Super Bowl.
  • Hey my phones back to the old theme I think?

• I still have double quote

its like a weird mix now between the old and new. It’s the new new? Or the old new new? Maybe the new new old? I can’t tell anymore.

• Definitely is a mix of both. And it’s quite awful. Lol

• I assume they're getting ready to announce what they've been working on with NCSOFT.
  • I really hope it’s rock band related. But have very little hope. I don’t have any interest in anything else really unless it’s a music related rpg. But even then I’m trying to hold off on buying many single player experiences for awhile because I’m backlogged.

• I'm thinking it's a new IP, but we shall see ...