Rock Band Companion App Update Now Live! (Android Update 1/12)

edited January 13 in Rock Band
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-companion-app-update-now-live/

PSN 2FA fixed
Reloads vanishing more songs from lists fixed
Skill now matches instrument icon

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited January 4
    Cool, looking forward to when this goes live!

I am assuming I will be able to see my songs owned, scores, stars, and wishlist again which was sorely missed ;)
  • It looks great!! After you sign in don't forget to turn Awesomeness Detection back on.
  • WOW, looks really good! Even though my old app was still working, I appreciate this full redesign.

Although it appears to be doing something wonky with my song count. It initially showed over 1000. I backed out and then returned to the Music Library, and now it shows only 925 owned songs (I made sure no filters were applied). Neither count was correct, as I have close to 1200 songs in-game.
  • That's not an update. That's a complete rewrite! Very nice.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Anyone get it to launch after downloading the new version? Tried on my iPhone and iPad (PS4 NA) but just stuck “Loading...”on the Rock Band launch screen.
  • App looks great.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    djb5f1 said:

Anyone get it to launch after downloading the new version? Tried on my iPhone and iPad (PS4 NA) but just stuck “Loading...”on the Rock Band launch screen.

Can't get passed loading too, reinstalled and nothing changed for me either
  • edited January 5
    Works for me on Android, loving the update, it looks good.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    edited January 5
    Do have to mention, there are a ton of songs missing from the library though. Pretty sure there are more than 1661 total songs seing as I own 1689.

Also, just in terms of challenge songs, it says I own 108 when it was something like 155 in game.

One simple example, it says there are 47 RB4 songs.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 5

Do have to mention, there are a ton of songs missing from the library though. Pretty sure there are more than 1661 total songs seing as I own 1689.

Also, just in terms of challenge songs, it says I own 108 when it was something like 155 in game.

There's 2592 (2951 for PS4) total songs.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    patl175 said:

djb5f1 said:

Same. Ps4+iOS. Looks like it makes a call to the ps login server just like the old app did but then immediately comes back to the app before the user gets a chance to try to enter credentials ... then shows the ‘loading’ screen in the app forever (likely waiting for ps server authentication approval, which of course will never come because it didn’t let the user stay on the Playstation servers long enough to actually enter credentials).
  • patl175 said:

djb5f1 said:

Same. Ps4+iOS. Looks like it makes a call to the ps login server just like the old app did but then immediately comes back to the app before the user gets a chance to try to enter credentials ... then shows the ‘loading’ screen in the app forever (likely waiting for ps server authentication approval, which of course will never come because it didn’t let the user stay on the Playstation servers long enough to actually enter credentials).
    I use PS4+Ios and got in about 3-5 seconds after the loading text came up.

I wish the app allowed you to go to the screen that told you if you were being promoted or not. Sometimes looking at the bars doesn't help much...
  • patl175 said:

djb5f1 said:

Hard to say, because I get the same behavior but “loading...” eventually completes. It has my creds cached (from previous app instance, meaning I haven’t been asked for creds even once since updating.) It will sometimes, after a crash, pop up a platform selection screen.
  • Do have to mention, there are a ton of songs missing from the library though. Pretty sure there are more than 1661 total songs seing as I own 1689.

There's 2592 (2951 for PS4) total songs.
    I get a different number of songs almost every time it loads, sometimes as high as 2400
  • There's a better-than-decent chance I just glossed over it, but I didn't see a spot where crew members can interact. Did that go away?
  • There's a better-than-decent chance I just glossed over it, but I didn't see a spot where crew members can interact. Did that go away?

The crew chat function is still there.
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned

patl175 said:

djb5f1 said:

I get the same thing (PS4 + Andriod). I couldn't log in for ages in the previous version and was hoping the update would fix it...

• KidSleez said:

There's a better-than-decent chance I just glossed over it, but I didn't see a spot where crew members can interact. Did that go away?

The crew chat function is still there.
    Found it. I was searching screens for it. Didn't even consider that it'd be on the menu.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    i'm so glad they spent the time and resources updating the app instead of fixing the frequent stutters and freezes in the main game.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    As I understand it the resource that worked on the app ... isn’t a resource that would have helped with engine issues anyway. Not all tech heads are plug and play like that. The app and network guys aren’t the gameplay engine guys aren’t the character and venue graphics guys aren’t the music charting guys.
  • I have mixed feelings about the new look.

I love that the "font" is smaller on my iPad - it now shows up to 12 songs from my library on the screen at once (it used to be 5 I think)..

What I don't like is seeing the band name on top of EVERY song when sorting by band name.. It makes it difficult to glance quickly from one band to the next.. That seems like a big step back to me.

As I understand it the resource that worked on the app ... isn’t a resource that would have helped with engine issues anyway. Not all tech heads are plug and play like that. The app and network guys aren’t the gameplay engine guys aren’t the character and venue graphics guys aren’t the music charting guys.

then maybe they need to hire more gameplay engine guys/gals and fewer app guys/gals.
    it's been like this for almost 3 months now and not a peep about it getting fixed. wonder what their gameplay engine guy(s) has been up to all that time?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 7
    HMX usually times game updates with season breaks so not hearing anything on the game update front since the last game update seems pretty normal. Also there isn't room for a season 10 badge on the crew stats page so a game update after season 9 has finished seems pretty likely.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    tnevaker said:

then maybe they need to hire more gameplay engine guys/gals and fewer app guys/gals.
    it's been like this for almost 3 months now and not a peep about it getting fixed. wonder what their gameplay engine guy(s) has been up to all that time?
    In fairness, the App has been broken for over 6 months and the new version does not load for a sizable portion of us so not sure that is the best example!

• GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Looks good (on iOS), but I think it's missing 40-50 of my songs. I guess a few minor glitches are to be expected and will eventually be fixed.

It's great to finally have an updated app!
  • The app was updated again I think today? Tier Status is back on the app for me! Much better
  • DALRNxxDALRNxx Unsigned
    why can't we look up other crews and players anymore on the app?
    djb5f1 said:

tnevaker said:

In fairness, the App has been broken for over 6 months and the new version does not load for a sizable portion of us so not sure that is the best example!

what percentage of players use the app? i'm pretty sure 100% of players use the game engine.
    does a non-functional app prevent anyone from being able to play and enjoy the game itself?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    tnevaker said:

djb5f1 said:

tnevaker said:

what percentage of players use the app? i'm pretty sure 100% of players use the game engine.
    does a non-functional app prevent anyone from being able to play and enjoy the game itself?
    It makes the experience more immersive for sure. I spend less time playing the game without an App (and fewer songs bought, used to browse the catalog and my scores/stars a lot, can’t use the wishlist , etc).

Not saying it impacts everyone the same but my point was with the state of the App, not sure those are the folks you want working on the game freezes ;)