Rock Band Companion App Update Now Live! (Android Update 1/12)

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited January 8
    I just get an infinite loading screen when trying to open it.

iPhone SE user - iOS version 12.0.1

PS4 user.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 8

I just get an infinite loading screen when trying to open it.

Console is possibly of value to them too, though I'm pretty sure that described problem is PS4 only. I think their working with Sony's 2FA system ... falls down.

The app was updated again I think today? Tier Status is back on the app for me! Much better

App store iOS is still saying the newest update was version 3.0.0, 4 days ago. Is there a newer version that got through to the Android platform sooner and is still pending on Apple side?
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited January 8

The app was updated again I think today? Tier Status is back on the app for me! Much better

App store iOS is still saying the newest update was version 3.0.0, 4 days ago. Is there a newer version that got through to the Android platform sooner and is still pending on Apple side?
    Just checked and nope. Still the same 3.0.0 over here.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    The app is working okay on my iPhone 6s (also on PS4 in Oz if that matters).

Just a few potential glitches with about 40-50 songs not being counted and the time left in the challenge not updating properly (showed 3 hours earlier, then 4 hours 45 mins).

Yeah, I think the game itself needs some fixing, a lot of stuttering, and seems to be making my PS4 run hotter than other games causing it to shutdown.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The app reports we were promoted to diamond! Wooooooo

When I refresh the screen, it displays the name of one of the crew members that contributed this week, and some detail about something awesome they did. Most vocal points! Highest total spotlight points! They played 7 times, all songs by The Cure!

Neat.
  • My Activity Feed hasn't updated since 7:32 pm on Friday.
  • 2 Questions for you guys:

1. Can you look at crew members from other crews anymore?

2. Can you see crew and individual badges anymore?
  • edited January 10
    I have also noticed that the activity feed is not updating.

Interestingly, this morning the Music Library says 2459 Songs, 2528 Total (or 2147/2528 when filtered to “owned”). I think these numbers may actually be correct.

It could be a coincidence that it is working today, a day when there is no active challenge, but it may indicate that the buggy behavior (incomplete listings) is linked to logic that only applies when a list of “songs in this week’s challenge” has to be processed.

EDIT: Nevermind. (1) this number should be 2203 / 2591, and (2) it refreshed and came up with a much smaller number.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 9
    I don't even know how many of my crew members have been in the app wondering why I'm not talking, or not in the app because they can't get in either. But either way, i've lost my means of communication with my crew.
    App says I own 1,330 songs out of 2,349 total ... when GUITAR is the selected instrument in the lower left and the songs are sorted by difficulty:

GUITAR: 1,330 / 2,349
    BASS: 1,297 / 2,293
    DRUMS: 1,270 / 2,238
    PRO DRUMS: 1,236 / 2,185
    VOCALS: 1,209 / 2,135
    HARMONIES: 1,187 / 2,087

Going through this again, immediately after:

GUITAR: 1,162 / 2,043
    BASS: 1,143 / 2,002
    DRUMS: 1,120 / 1,963
    PRO DRUMS: 1,101 / 1,925
    VOCALS: 1,083 / 1,888
    HARMONIES: 1,064 / 1,854

The totals just get lower every time I select a new instrument.
    If I close the app, clear the cache, and then restart the app:

GUITAR: 1,000 / 1,736
    BASS: 990 / 1,711
    DRUMS: 984 / 1,690
    PRO DRUMS: 977 / 1,671
    VOCALS: 970 / 1,654
    HARMONIES: 962 / 1,638

Still low and continues to fall
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Mine is consistent.

I see 0/0. (Loading...)
  • I just get an infinite loading screen when trying to open it.

Console is possibly of value to them too, though I'm pretty sure that described problem is PS4 only. I think their working with Sony's 2FA system ... falls down.

I'm on IOS. Not sure why mines different now though.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

App says I own 1,330 songs out of 2,349 total ... when GUITAR is the selected instrument in the lower left and the songs are sorted by difficulty:

GUITAR: 1,330 / 2,349
    BASS: 1,297 / 2,293
    DRUMS: 1,270 / 2,238
    PRO DRUMS: 1,236 / 2,185
    VOCALS: 1,209 / 2,135
    HARMONIES: 1,187 / 2,087

Going through this again, immediately after:

GUITAR: 1,162 / 2,043
    BASS: 1,143 / 2,002
    DRUMS: 1,120 / 1,963
    PRO DRUMS: 1,101 / 1,925
    VOCALS: 1,083 / 1,888
    HARMONIES: 1,064 / 1,854

The totals just get lower every time I select a new instrument.
    If I close the app, clear the cache, and then restart the app:

GUITAR: 1,000 / 1,736
    BASS: 990 / 1,711
    DRUMS: 984 / 1,690
    PRO DRUMS: 977 / 1,671
    VOCALS: 970 / 1,654
    HARMONIES: 962 / 1,638

Still low and continues to fall

Stop refreshing! You’re flushing all the songs down the crapper!!!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

The app reports we were promoted to diamond! Wooooooo

When I refresh the screen, it displays the name of one of the crew members that contributed this week, and some detail about something awesome they did. Most vocal points! Highest total spotlight points! They played 7 times, all songs by The Cure!

Neat.

One of those said "Lord Flatus seems like a bit of a New Wave devotee, with 16 New Wave song plays times [sic] this Challenge."

I can't argue with that!
  • Got an update on Android this morning:

- Fixed a bug where PSN two-factor authentication would lock up the app
    - Fixed a bug where songs would be removed from the Music Library on each reload
    - Fixed a bug where the instrument icon shown for each Crew member would not match the displayed Skill value
  • Song count isn't changing repeatedly now, but it was still saying only 2209 total and my owned song count is off by like 120.

And my Activity feed is still stuck on January 4.
  • Song count isn't changing repeatedly now, but it was still saying only 2209 total and my owned song count is off by like 120.

Did you try deleting the app data? After deleting the data (just deleting the cache wasn't good enough) my owned song count is now correct. My activity feed hasn't updated since Jan. 4 though.

Did you try deleting the app data? After deleting the data (just deleting the cache wasn't good enough) my owned song count is now correct. My activity feed hasn't updated since Jan. 4 though.
    IOS/PS4 - deleting the app, and all its data, did not resolve the partial music library problem for me.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Still doesn't work for me unfortunately, i am in Canada on android, any idea why it won't work because the app was working perfectly fine before this big update 2 weeks ago
  • KainKain Unsigned
    Not working for me. It starts up, I choose the Playstation icon, and then it asks me to log in. Except, it tells me that I need to "upgrade my browser" (despite the fact that I'm going through the app and not a browser) in order for the captcha to work. Even if I enter my information, it won't let me click the button to continue due to the captcha not working.

I cleared neither my data nor my cache but my count looks plausibly correct now.

1,469 owned out of 2,529 total (guitar)

Will this decrease if I pick a new instrument to display?

1,469 owned out of 2,529 total (bass)

Hey, maybe it has been fixed! Or fixed for me, at least (Android phone, PS4 console)

• I'm up to 2386, so closer....
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Anyone able to get this to work who has been getting the “Loading...” bug since the new update? Any workarounds to get past?

Or are we out of luck indefinitely?

I am ps4 iOS NA (iPhone and iPad).
  • djb5f1 said:

Anyone able to get this to work who has been getting the “Loading...” bug since the new update? Any workarounds to get past?

Or are we out of luck indefinitely?

I am ps4 iOS NA (iPhone and iPad).

You haven't had a new update, that's why the title still only notes 3.0.1 as Android.

• Works fine for me. IOS ps4.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Works fine for me. IOS ps4.

Looks nice, looking forward to using it!
    The last post on my Activity Feed is from January 6th (a week ago Sunday).

I like refreshing the page and seeing something different every time under "Crew Achievements".

Please let @djb5f1 send their phone in to a Harmonix Professional so that the app can be installed by any means necessary.
  • PJ24PJ24 Unsigned
    Does anybody know how to fix the infinite loading screen on the app? I have to latest update (v3.0.1) and use the PS4. I log in, get a blank webpage for a sec and get a loading screen that never ends :(
  • Usually force quit the app and try again. Then it works.

Loving the update. Makes the app move from sometimes handy to actually useful :)