DLC Discussion Thread: Metal March (in January)

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Godsmack's still around?

I'm hoping other members of my Crew pick these up or have Spotlight Pass. Nobody in my crew played Angel of Death this past week though, so it's probably a long shot.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited January 8
    Saw Godsmack and got pumped, until I saw the song. We NEED Voodoo, among other songs.

Also disappointed in no Elvis (though I wasn't really expecting it) since it's his and my birthday. Could have been paired nicely with a Bowie track since it's his also.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    I appreciate these tracks.

The BABYMETAL song isn't amazing, but I'll take it as a fun, challenging, and overall cool song.

The Godsmack song...easily my least favorite of the Godsmack tracks we already have. It does sound okay, if a bit generic, but looks reasonably fun to play.

At this point, I'll easily take these two over the type of stuff we usually get, and I'm always happy to get two new songs in a week.
  • Saw Godsmack and got pumped, until I saw the song. We NEED Voodoo, among other songs.

Also disappointed in no Elvis (though I wasn't really expecting it) since it's his and my birthday. Could have been paired nicely with a Bowie track since it's his also.

I wouldn't get excited about dates when it comes to Harmonix's putting out dlc. Every summer Bryan Adams (Summer of 69) gets forgotten and the same goes for (Ghost Busters) at Halloween. Those would be great times to use those rewinds. Check Yes Juliet would be great for around Valentines day. Just saying. ;)
  • As for this week. Even at 99% off I wouldn't buy Baby Metal and i might buy Godsmack depending how it's charted. I must say 2 weeks of metal is a major bummer. It's been a struggle to play this challenge this week. I was excited last night thinking the challenge was over. Sadly it was only Monday night. :(
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited January 8
    Watched the preview video and Starlight seems easier than I thought it would be, these are my rankings for the season so far:
    1. Crazy on You
    2. Magic Man
    3. Semi-Charmed Life '09
    4. Never Let You Go '09
    5. When Legends Rise
    6. Lose It
    7. Natural
    8. Music is Worth Living For
    9. Starlight
    10. Hotel Key
    11. 99
    12. Girls Like You
    13. Angel of Death
  • Watched the preview video and Starlight seems easier than I thought it would be, these are my rankings for the season so far:
    1. Crazy on You
    2. Magic Man
    3. Semi-Charmed Life '09
    4. Never Let You Go '09
    5. When Legends Rise
    6. Lose It
    7. Natural
    8. Music is Worth Living For
    9. Starlight
    10. Hotel Key
    11. 99
    12. Girls Like You
    13. Angel of Death

That’s largely how I’d rank them too, give or take slot here and there..

Those top 4 are just head and shoulders above the rest.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

This is an interesting week. Though it makes me want Starlight by a different band and any music by Days of the New.

I don't know if Starlight would be in the first 50 Savatage songs we would get, but I'd take it.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited January 8
    I think that was a typo. *Starless* is the song we need.

Just so I can watch the alt-chart deniers' heads explode on a saxophone solo.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I'll take anything by Stars.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 8

I'll take anything by Stars.

Off-topic, but I saw Stars at a festival once, and they were so political that people started to leave for other stages after co-lead singer Torquil's second or third angry rant, including the friend that I was there with. Even though I agreed with his stance on most topics, even I was slightly alienated by his negativity. The rest of the band was awesome, but he seemed really angry and aggressive and it kinda soured the mood of the whole fest. I love their music, so I wish they had placed a greater focus on that.

Second chance I had to see them (as the headliner), I was having a bad day already so I left after the opening act.

Oh, also Torquil called another buddy of mine a bad word on Twitter and then blocked him after a small misunderstanding. A very angry dude.
  • So is this Starlight sang by Michael Kiske or Kai Hansen?

Wait, this isn't Helloween...
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

More typos?! The one we need is simply called *Stars*, by Hum.

That one convincing fake leak that came out years ago absolutely crushed me. To this day still one of my most wanted songs
  • If we got a song called Starlight I wish it was from the shall not be named M band.

Or Accept.
  • I'll take anything by Stars.

Or Stars by Hear n' Aid.
  • PyramidHead128PyramidHead128 Opening Act
    edited January 8
    Nice. Would've preferred that this week was just a couple of Babymetal songs with either The One - English ver. - or Rondo Of Nightmare as the second song, but I'll happily take what I can get. :p
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    Cool week, I'm just glad it's not classic rock or yacht rock.
  • I'm down with Babymetal but Godsmack should be left in the early 2000's.
  • hiimSMAP said:

TheStuddz said:

That one convincing fake leak that came out years ago absolutely crushed me. To this day still one of my most wanted songs
    I missed this. What happened?
  • Seems like a lot of people are not liking this week. Was hoping for Bulletproof if we got new Godsmack, but I like When Legends Rise too. I wouldn't necessarily call this current version of Godsmack metal (nothing wrong with that though) and I agree there's a bunch of their older stuff that would be nice to have in RB (Re-align, Straight Out of Line, Whatever, Voodoo). I'm glad to have When Legends Rise though.

Undecided on the BABYMETAL track. I have it as part of the pass, but not sure how much play it'll get. I do like Gimme Chocolate!!, but I don't know if I like the sound of Starlight as much.
  • Hey! One of the songs from my recent "More Metal" thread track picks ("Starlight") has made the cut for DLC!

Needless to say that makes me pretty happy. I like Babymetal more than I probably should.

Godsmack doesn't seem to have a fairly good liking here from what it seems, but they have some material (like "Awake") that I adore, and "When Legends Rise" isn't bad at all, at least to me. Dated in sound, yes, but I enjoy it.

Not sure I'd consider it heavy enough to be metal, though. Not that I'd complain too much :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited January 8
    KidSleez said:

hiimSMAP said:

TheStuddz said:

Someone posted a fake photoshopped pic of the RB music store fairly late into the RB3 era, with three "leaks" that they "came across while browsing the new releases". I believe there were three songs: "Stars" by Hum, "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King, and I forget what the third song was.

A lot of us were pretty disappointed when we found out it was fake. I love me some Carole King, but I REALLY want "Stars".

Edit: A Google search helped me find that the third song was Blue Oyster Cult's "Burnin' For You", so no wonder people were upset to find we weren't getting it after all. Luckily that's been rectified in RB4.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Typing the words, "this music sucks" makes a person look bad on several levels.
  • TheStuddz said:

KidSleez said:

hiimSMAP said:

TheStuddz said:

Someone posted a fake photoshopped pic of the RB music store fairly late into the RB3 era, with three "leaks" that they "came across while browsing the new releases". I believe there were three songs: "Stars" by Hum, "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King, and I forget what the third song was.

A lot of us were pretty disappointed when we found out it was fake. I love me some Carole King, but I REALLY want "Stars".

Edit: A Google search helped me find that the third song was Blue Oyster Cult's "Burnin' For You", so no wonder people were upset to find we weren't getting it after all. Luckily that's been rectified in RB4.
    Thanks for doing the research for me! :)

I think the randomness of the 3 songs made this seem somewhat possible. I'd like to say I can't believe somebody took the time to do this, but then I'd be lying.

Since we've now got Burnin' For You, perhaps we can get the other 2, starting with Stars??? That one's long been a request of mine too.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited January 8
    Lots of butthurt people this week it seems lol. Disagree mania... would have thought King @Witticus had declared it Disagree Day.
  • I wish they'd skip on Slayer and Baby metal and focus on the best which is Metallica. I'd pay much more for Metallica