Official Bookworm Thread

Since the search function doesn't work on here anymore I figured I'd open a thread for bookworms such as myself to discuss authors and novels they are currently reading or have enjoyed over the years.
I'm working on reading all of Stephen King's novels at the moment. Have read all of his short story novels.
Just finished Carrie last week, currently reading Salem's Lot. Doing the novels in order just as I did with the short story books.

Comments

• razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Nice! I haven't read much whilst I've been doing my degree, but I'm trying to read a little more than I have been. Have been slowly getting through "A Farewell to Arms" by Ernest Hemingway, I'm trying to read a chapter or two a day.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    last month I re-read 1984 and am currently looking for a copy of animal farm. I really like George orwell
  • I am hoping to make more time to read this year. I have been reading a lot of comic books, but last year I only read two novels, and one of those I was obligated to read since my cousin is the author.

My new year's goal is to reread all of the Gaunt's Ghost novels before I read the most recent one. Most of the series I read back in High School but those books were always my favorites, so I am hopping they will still stand out as awesome.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Books I am carrying around with me in my backpack regularly, 2 at any given time, and sometimes even reading but mostly making my shoulders sore (and NO I'm not getting a Kindle, that is a deeply unsatisfying way to "read a book"):

Power Ball: Anatomy of a Modern Baseball Game – Rob Neyer
    Fortress Frontier (Shadow Ops) – Myke Cole
    Legion versus Phalanx: The Epic Struggle for Infantry Supremacy in the Ancient World – Myke Cole
    The Elementals – Michael McDowell
    The Outsider: A Novel – Stephen King

I also sometimes buy "Graphic Novels" [am I kicked out of the thread?] and there are still a few I haven't read yet including "The Flintstones" (Mark Russell).
  • A great, somewhat cheap thrift site is Thriftbooks.com.
    I've used them for about two years now.
    Some of the newer books aren't any cheaper though. I never buy books "new" though. Way too pricey IMO.
  • So I’m about 110 pages til I have Salem’s Lot done. Going to read through Bird Box and watch the movie next.

Salem’s Lot so far is pretty good. Don’t get me wrong I love King, but he could honestly leave about 50+ (depending on length in most cases) pages of his books out usually. Lol