DLC Discussion Thread: Season 10 Kick-Off!

Comments

• WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    It’s like Aztec Daft Punk
  • Oof I guess new hits is all they can afford season 10 spotlight pass starting with a whimper.
  • Body Talks is sorted as the hardest song in the entire library on vocals.

Going by how I just performed on it, I can't dispute that it may be.

I still think Good Vibrations and Bohemian Rhapsody are the hardest. But that's just because of the quick changes between singers that you have to do. Body Talk is the same singer throughout.

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

Season 10 rewards were announced ingame, they're robot heads.

I wish we'd get some new instruments. Have they added a new drum set since launch? (I don't play drums, I honestly don't know.)
  • Body Talks is sorted as the hardest song in the entire library on vocals.

Going by how I just performed on it, I can't dispute that it may be.

I still think Good Vibrations and Bohemian Rhapsody are the hardest. But that's just because of the quick changes between singers that you have to do. Body Talk is the same singer throughout.

I think recent DLC (maybe all RB4-era stuff) has only been factoring only the Solo Vocals chart for difficulty, whereas previous RB3 songs factored in the Harmonies chart in difficulty.

For example, Uncomfortable and Body Talks solo charts may be harder than the solo charts of Good Vibrations, Bohemian Rhapsody and Somebody to Love (I personally disagree on Uncomfortable, haven't played Body Talks yet), but the Harmony charts are easier and that is not factored in.
  • Meh to the helmets.

As for the DLC, at least on bass I enjoyed em. Shame is kinda laid back, but has a kind of chill rhythm I enjoy playing. Body Talks took me a couple tries to get the hang of, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Definitely one of the better "new hits" weeks, IMO.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Zenzuki said:

So it would appear there has been some spillage...

The bundle is also showing "Seven" by Sunny Day Real Estate.

So we know there are more RBN things coming in this season pass!

And as to those helmets....

Nice! I'm hoping it comes in a SDRE 3-pack of RBN rewinds.
  • TheStuddz said:

Nice! I'm hoping it comes in a SDRE 3-pack of RBN rewinds.

Yes!

This week is pretty forgettable for me.
  • Zenzuki said:

So it would appear there has been some spillage...

The bundle is also showing "Seven" by Sunny Day Real Estate.

So we know there are more RBN things coming in this season pass!

And as to those helmets....

Yeah, I just came here to say I bought the pass and Seven by SDRE showed up as well.

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    In Circles would be my first choice too
    hiimSMAP said:

The news of SDRE returning is excellent, and I hope Seven is at least accompanied with In Circles, if not Song About an Angel as well

• This season's going to be really rough with all these Xbox Live outages.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Oh, the way I first read it I was thinking that the Spotlight Pass owners got to download an additional song, but it's just that the song is [or WAS] listed in the details for the Season 10 Spotlight Pass ... yes?

Though I don't see any songs listed in the Season 10 Spotlight Pass text, and I remember having to spend a bit of effort to look up which songs were included in previous seasons
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited February 1
    Xbox one spotlight pass owners were (and possibly still are) allowed to download what is presumably next week’s spotlight pass song early (it showed up in users’ ready to download). They’re not getting anything additional, they’re getting what they were gonna get eventually anyway, early.
  • tdc002 said:

Season 10 rewards were announced ingame, they're robot heads.

I wish we'd get some new instruments. Have they added a new drum set since launch? (I don't play drums, I honestly don't know.)
    noooooooo :'(
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I'm not a robot head person. Some probably dig it, but honestly I really would just like some more cool tee shirts. and here's why. I fought like crazy to get the t-rex tee for platinum, and my crew worked their butts off to get the bloodstone pants for just one of our players who wanted them. That competition was a great motivation for everyone. But working up the crew for robot heads, meh. Give me some drum skins, or even more gtr skins. Love those!!! Or the privilege of opening some clothes in the store. Or even some fake money to buy some cool clothes.
    But hey, that's just me. What do I know. :blush:
  • ShayderShayder Unsigned

I am rather new to this I bought the season 10 pass and I know it says that you get the spotlight songs. I got the Spotlight songs for the first week how do you get the second week and the ones they're after? I checked in the store to see if it was noted that I had got them with my season pass but they still have their price at $2 and something to buy.

• Shayder said:

I am rather new to this I bought the season 10 pass and I know it says that you get the spotlight songs. I got the Spotlight songs for the first week how do you get the second week and the ones they're after? I checked in the store to see if it was noted that I had got them with my season pass but they still have their price at $2 and something to buy.

The Triumph is the only song from week 2 that's in the Spotlight Pass. If you're on XB1, it should be in your ready to install. Not sure if it's called the same on PS4, but you should be able to find it the same way.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Elle King just announced a tour with Heart and Sheryl Crow. Now THAT is some girl power. We got Elle King and Heart DLC in the past two months, Sheryl Crow next!