February 2019 DLC Prediction Thread: ValenTen's Day (Because Season 10 of Rivals, Get It?)

Comments

• TheStuddz said:

KidSleez said:

Intros9 said:

djb5f1 said:

Yeah, I am going to get that one even if the value isn’t really there from owning one of the songs. Started to enjoy them more, their R&R HOF solidified it.

Wait there's a HoF for The Cars? I'm way behind. Off to watch now. Why don't we have You Might Think in Rock Band yet?
    There's a perfect 3 pack just sitting there, waiting to be in RB: You Might Think, Magic, and Drive. Just sayin'...
    But...I also want "Shake It Up" and "Touch and Go".

If a 3-pack is all we can get though, you named the right three.
    I thought I was being greedy already by picking 3! At this point, we'd be lucky to get 1 of these.
  • BachiG said:

@TheStuddz - please mention Powerman 5000 so we can get those songs as well. K? Thx!

I still want When Worlds Collide. That was their biggest hit and we never got it, did we?
  • KidSleez said:

BachiG said:

@TheStuddz - please mention Powerman 5000 so we can get those songs as well. K? Thx!

I still want When Worlds Collide. That was their biggest hit and we never got it, did we?
    Nope, the only Powerman 5000 we got were from the album Somewhere on the Other Side of Nowhere Which I think was on a different label from their earlier stuff. Still the new stuff was really good though

But man I would love "When Worlds Collide" and "Bombshell" to be released in Rock Band
  • Throw in "nobodys real" and you got one sweet 3 pack

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    One-Packs from artists I love [or just a beloved single] are pretty freakin' sweet.

Especially when they have stems!
  • My idea was that as season breaks are usually just free songs or rewinds that if It Must Have Been Love appeared next week then The Look would be in the season break along with another RB3 rewind (e.g. Heart of Glass).
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 7

tnevaker said:

people in here still predicting popular songs by well-known artists... so adorable.

based on recent DLC trends, i predict a 2-3 song week pulling from one or more of the following categories:
    - terrible new song by band you've heard of that was good 20-30 years ago

So I might get to see Weezer again soon. :p

Black Album releases 3/1
    Teal Album releases 3/8
    A new Weezer single would make sense, as we've been getting a lot of new promotional singles from rock acts, and they've had a few new tracks out for months now (giving Harmonix time to chart them in time for a Black Album release tie-in). I could see it as one of the 25% off Spotlight Pass inclusions in season 10.

I'd really like "Can't Knock the Hustle", but if we do get a released Black Album song soon, I wouldn't be shocked if they fumbled it and gave us "Zombie Bastards" instead (which I don't particularly love and would be much less fun to play).
  • edited February 7
    tnevaker said:

people in here still predicting popular songs by well-known artists... so adorable.

based on recent DLC trends, i predict a 2-3 song week pulling from one or more of the following categories:
    - RBN rerelease
    - little-known modern band
    - gimmick song

Angel of Death by Slayer fits none of those categories.

The three rewinds we've had fit none of those categories.

Just because you don't know who Babymetal, Elle King and The Struts are doesn't mean they're little known.

Godsmack was never good.
  • Vexus said:

tnevaker said:

- RBN rerelease
    - little-known modern band
    - gimmick song

Angel of Death by Slayer fits none of those categories.

The three rewinds we've had fit none of those categories.

Just because you don't know who Babymetal, Elle King and The Struts are doesn't mean they're little known.

Godsmack was never good.
    I really wanted to hit agree, but that final statement forced me to change to a disagree :p

But yeah if you listen to any modern rock radio station you will hear The Struts and new Godsmack quite a bit
  • Even then I personally don't think When Legends Rise quite fits any of those categories either since it's a Godsmack song I can kinda tolerate.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    We get Classic Rock Songs That Old People Like / Songs From Artists in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at least once a year, that's not "never"! If it was literally "never" that would probably be less frustrating, eh? Don't hesitate, just walk away*. But if there's up to a 5% chance that a awesome song or two will be announced on Tuesday? Well you just have to tune in, just in case, right?

*or keep playing the great songs that you bought before + that still work
  • Man they should keep Black Album weezer far away. Most would be so monotonous in the game.
    I’d take their No Scrubs cover.. I mean I’d be more fun than the original on instruments.
  • TheStuddz said:

I'm going to change my prediction for next week with older songs, with The Triumph being spotlight this week at full price that means at least 7/11 spotlight pass songs are from the past year or so.

2/14
    Savage Garden - "Truly Madly Deeply"
    Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love" (spotlight pass)
    Whitesnake - "Is This Love"

If we don't get "IMHBL" next week, a Roxette 4-pack in the future would be cool:

Roxette 01
    It Must Have Been Love
    Joyride
    Listen to Your Heart (Spotlight Pass)
    The Look (RB3 Rewind)
    I propose booting the Rewind in favor of Fading Like a Flower :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited February 7

Man they should keep Black Album weezer far away. Most would be so monotonous in the game.
    I’d take their No Scrubs cover.. I mean I’d be more fun than the original on instruments.

I think it's the Teal Album you're thinking about -- an album of covers that was just released to streaming services about two weeks ago, and that features the "No Scrubs" cover you mentioned.

Only two Black Album Weezer tracks have been released: "Can't Knock the Hustle" and "Zombie Bastards". The former would actually be pretty fun to play, IMO. The latter...well, I'm sure some people like it! Black Album is all original tracks, but isn't released until March 1st.
  • TheStuddz said:

Man they should keep Black Album weezer far away. Most would be so monotonous in the game.

I think it's the Teal Album you're thinking about -- an album of covers that was just released to streaming services about two weeks ago, and that features the "No Scrubs" cover you mentioned.

Only two Black Album Weezer tracks have been released: "Can't Knock the Hustle" and "Zombie Bastards". The former would actually be pretty fun to play, IMO. The latter...well, I'm sure some people like it! Black Album is all original tracks, but isn't released until March 1st.
    Yeah, I doubt we're getting anything from the Teal Album, since those are all covers.

But I'm still hoping we get Can't Knock the Hustle from the Black Album.
  • KidSleez said:

TheStuddz said:

Yeah, I doubt we're getting anything from the Teal Album, since those are all covers.

But I'm still hoping we get Can't Knock the Hustle from the Black Album.
    With us getting Disturbed's cover of The Sound of Silence back in 2016, I wouldn't discount the possibility of Weezer's cover of Africa coming.

Speaking of Disturbed, I'm surprised we haven't gotten anything from Evolution yet.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned

That's because Evolution is a terrible Disturbed album lol but i really hope we can get some of the covers they made on past albums because some are really good

• Since my phone won’t let me use the quote feature anymore this in response to Studdz :)

I know it’s the Teal album but forgot to put “as for the Teal album” before the No Scrubs sentence lol. Don’t like either single at all off the Black album.

• Since my phone won't let me use the quote feature anymore this in response to Studdz :)

Seriously, what's with the new mobile browser with the two quote buttons and clicking the wrong one ruins the quote forever.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned

- Joyride

+ Dangerous

Which is the right quote button? Now I am afraid to risk it.

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    HMXOwl said:

Since my phone won't let me use the quote feature anymore this in response to Studdz :)

Seriously, what's with the new mobile browser with the two quote buttons and clicking the wrong one ruins the quote forever.
    …and what happened to the post edit button?
  • Vexus said:

Even then I personally don't think When Legends Rise quite fits any of those categories either since it's a Godsmack song I can kinda tolerate.

Can't tolerate it but I must say, all of their songs are great on drums.
  • I'm going to change my prediction for next week with older songs, with The Triumph being spotlight this week at full price that means at least 7/11 spotlight pass songs are from the past year or so.

2/14
    Savage Garden - "Truly Madly Deeply"
    Roxette - "It Must Have Been Love" (spotlight pass)
    Whitesnake - "Is This Love"

Okay, I admit, I would buy all 3 in a heartbeat, or even just a duo of Roxette; "It Must Have Been Love" and "Listen to Your Heart". I actually feel the latter is the most likely Roxette song, but both were huge hits. In any case, all these songs are overdue in my opinion, especially Whitesnake. But, it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a hopeful prediction of Halestorm! "Love Bites (So Do I)" has to come out some time, right? :p Pairing it with Def Leppard's "Love Bites" would be the best week ever.

For new music, though I have no fantasy about getting new Tool dlc, I do know of new metal albums premiering soon. Maybe not in February, following 3 weeks in January, but perhaps another RBN or Rewind this month once more. Has "Before I Forget" been released, I already own all the exports. Fingers still crossed for another Dream Theater track this year!
  • I really want "It Must Have Been Love" only so i can belt out my version -

"It must have been drugs

But I'm sober now"

• First laugh of the day! Thanks!

S/N: omg I managed to quote someone lol