DLC Discussion Thread: The Bouncing Souls, Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams, and Senses Fail!

edited February 12 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 2/07: The Bouncing Souls, Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams, and Senses Fail!

Tons of variety with songs from three different artists releasing this week.

The Bouncing Souls kick things off with the punky “Gasoline”. The opening track on their 2010 album Ghosts on the Boardwalk, “Gasoline” maintained the D.I.Y. spirit the band is well-known for. The New Jersey-based band specializes in fast, light-hearted, and often times humorous material and “Gasoline” is no exception. It’s got all the punk staples which allow for a great Rock Band track. Vocals come with a lot of feeling, so you can really get into it while playing. Power chords fill the guitar chart, keeping you moving and testing your alt-strumming. Drums have great fills, but the real highlight of the chart is the recurring marching roll on the snare.

Our third track from RWBY joins the catalog just as Volume 6 of the hit anime wraps up. Fans will instantly recognize Volume 5’s title song “The Triumph”, performed by Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams. If you’ve played the previous two tracks, you know what to expect. And if you haven’t, what’s wrong with you? “This Will Be the Day” is free for Rivals, no excuses! “The Triumph” comes in with a fast guitar riff and a drumline to match. There’s even a guitar solo in the first 30 seconds, that’s what this song’s like. Not to be left out, there’s even a bass solo that pops up. Casey Lee Williams puts up one of her best vocal performances surrounded by great harmonies, so everyone’s gonna need to step up to do well here.

Also new to the Music Store this week is “Lady in a Blue Dress”, a standout track from Senses Fail’s debut album Let It Enfold You. The album had a strong debut, reaching #2 on the Billboard Independent Albums chart and selling over 300,000 copies. “Lady in a Blue Dress” has gone down as one of the band’s most popular tracks, having been featured on their compilation album Follow Your Bliss: The Best of Senses Fail and remaining an oft-played crowd pleaser. Drums will need to take on everything from hi-hat patterns to rolls while constant kicks pop up in the pre-chorus and chorus. While mostly full of chords, guitar will also play strings of single notes that go back and forth along the colors.

Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99. The Rock Band Rivals Season 10 Spotlight Pass can be purchased for $14.99.

• The Bouncing Souls - "Gasoline"
  • Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams - "The Triumph" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 10 Spotlight Pass)
  • Senses Fail - "Lady in a Blue Dress"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, February 7th.

Comments

• Like this week. SDRE aren't here so whoever predicted them this week, you're wrong. :p
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Like this week. SDRE aren't here so whoever predicted them this week, you're wrong. :p

My prediction was for the month of February, I have time yet!

Don’t think I am getting any of these but it reminds me I never did pick up Gasoline from Audioslave, maybe will pick that up.

• MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Man I've been waiting for that last Jeff Williams song! I had a feeling it had to be coming soon, since it was announced there'd be 3 songs from RWBY waaay back in August. Glad to see it finally, and I'll definitely check it out!
  • The RWBY song is great. The rest I don't care much for
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

I'm not thrilled that we're getting another Jeff Williams song, and very unhappy that it is part of the Spotlight Pass. "This Will Be the Day" was not great, and I didn't really need any more anime songs in my library, especially at a cost.

I mean, we've known we were getting another Jeff Williams song for five months, so if it makes you feel any better this is likely the last RWBY song we'll be getting.
  • God I knew the pass was going to have one song I despised.
    Wish Gasoline or even sense fail was the spotlight pass.
    Gasoline being back was unexpected for me so that is awesome as f—!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    After listening to the RWBY song, I don't find the vocals as grating as those in "This Will Be the Day". I stand by it being my least favourite song of this week, but it's not too bad, and probably my favourite of the three RWBY songs we've gotten, so that's good.
  • Seems like a good week, Lady in a Blue Dress I owned back on last gen and the other 2 songs sound good from the previews.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Senses Fail. Nice, I'd been waiting for this one after not getting it last gen.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    Bouncing Souls is alright.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Would have rathered Gasoline by Moist. Though even that is at best my fifth or sixth most wanted Moist song.

...I really hope they have something noteworthy planned for Valentines, and not just Sunny Day Real Estate. Expected that to be a bandaid we ripped off today, and not a lingering threat.
  • After all that SDRE talk, this sure is disappointing. The week is not for me but at least the songs look enjoyable to play.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I didn't buy either of the RBN songs for my PS3, but maybe I was just ignorant / not adventurous enough.
    I haven't bought the Spotlight Pass yet, but I also haven't ruled it out. I figure I have until week 3 or maybe even week 4 before I have to make that decision.

(we are not a Bloodstone crew)
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    Like all 3, getting all 3. Thank you HMX!
  • Yeesh. Pass for me.
  • Would have rathered Gasoline by Moist. Though even that is at best my fifth or sixth most wanted Moist song.

...I really hope they have something noteworthy planned for Valentines, and not just Sunny Day Real Estate. Expected that to be a bandaid we ripped off today, and not a lingering threat.

It's delayed, from the prediction thread:
    HMXOwl said:

It's delayed with no date so the file could be fixed.

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/comment/5424147/#Comment_5424147
  • The Bouncing Souls song sounds pretty good to me. Kinda reminds me of The Gaslight Anthem. Shame we don't at least have Handwritten.
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Hell yeah, stoked for "The Triumph"! I wasn't sure what the last song was gonna be, but this one is definitely appreciated. I do hope we get more RWBY songs in the future (I can easily name a dozen other tracks I'd love to have), but honestly I'm ecstatic we got as much as we did.

My significant other is happy we're getting "Lady in a Blue Dress" too, they got super excited when they heard it in the preview video. Pretty exciting week for us all around!
  • VolTRH said:

(I can easily name a dozen other tracks I'd love to have)

So easily. Plus the Cross Tag medleys for each color.
  • The only Gasoline song I'm familiar with is The Airborne Toxic Event's one, but this one sounds cool. Was never hugely into Senses Fail. Hell yeah on more RWBY though!
  • The only Bouncing Souls song I'm familiar with is The Gold Song from Forza Horizon 3. This one doesn't sound bad though, I'll consider it.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    Never heard of any of these bands. Another pass week for me.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Hard pass for the RWBY stuff.

Really glad to see Bouncing Souls and Senses Fail, even if they're RBN repeats. I never owned these last gen, but I might pick them up now.

I'm especially excited for Bouncing Souls since we so rarely get true punk music by recognizable bands (not that I disliked getting Barely March or The Black Cheers, it's just that Bouncing Souls is a band my friends have actually heard of). Honestly, there are probably like 5 Bouncing Souls songs I'd pick over Gasoline, but beggars can't be choosers.
  • randrac said:

Never heard of any of these bands. Another pass week for me.

Do you think you've only heard of the good stuff? I've got a bunch of songs in my library that I'd never heard before, but absolutely love now.
    How nice for you.
    Do you think people like tdc002 don't consider them, even though we've never heard of them, before turning them down?