DLC Discussion Thread: The Bouncing Souls, Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams, and Senses Fail!

Comments

• No cause for hostility. It's a pretty legitimate question (that wasn't directed at TDC, by the way).
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Not my thing, pass
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    Happy to have the Senses Fail track back. I don't know the other two (yet).
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    edited February 6
    This was not the RWBY track i was expecting, but it’s a really good one, tbh. I hope down the line we can get “When It Falls” or maybe some non-OP tracks, but I’m very satisfied with the selection we got.

The rest of these songs will probably grow on me. All in, this week.

Edit: Mistook the name of the third OP for Ruby’s trailer theme. Lol
  • Never heard any of these before but will be nice additions. :)
  • 0-5 this season so far and will continue to pass until Rock Band brings back the Rock again. I would love to keep buying songs but the stuff we get always ends up being like the garbage they give us for free that I don't want. Rock Band would've never made it to RB 2 if they released this crap back in 07.
  • I mean if you use a very narrow definition of rock, that rules out Elle King I guess? Maybe? Possibly...?

Seriously, I think bdd74 is from the timeline where we got thank u, next and Sicko Mode last week, and Blue (Da Ba Dee) and Discord (The Living Tombstone remix) as the RBN rereleases this week.

(But we still also got The Triumph.)
  • Vexus said:

Seriously, I think bdd74 is from the timeline where we got thank u, next and Sicko Mode last week, and Blue (Da Ba Dee) and Discord (The Living Tombstone remix) as the RBN rereleases this week.

You don't even know how happy that one-two punch of weeks would make me, I would plop down for the season pass and get the rest Day 1, no question.
  • I want Move Your Body with Blue . But i don’t remember what it said move your body charted in terms of billboard.
  • I pushed for thank u, jeff but everyone said, "That's not a real song," and, "We can't license a skit probably."
  • TheMurals said:

Vexus said:

You don't even know how happy that one-two punch of weeks would make me, I would plop down for the season pass and get the rest Day 1, no question.
    Joke's on you - in that timeline, their DLC release schedule got leaked and it's nothing but grindcore from here on out.
  • Vexus said:

TheMurals said:

Vexus said:

Joke's on you - in that timeline, their DLC release schedule got leaked and it's nothing but grindcore from here on out.
    Man, what I would give to have both Terrorizer songs back.
  • I've never heard these before and they aren't something I like. Another pass week for me.
  • A factor is a lot more songs were being released per week, on average, than now. Which meant the wait until something released that was in your music taste was way shorter and therefore less painful than currently.

In the prime days there was never a time I didn't buy at least one song per month from 2007 to 2010 and most of the time it was at least one song per week. These days it's not unusual for me to go a couple months without anything I'm interested in coming out (or don't already have with rewinds).
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

bdd74, I certainly understand where you are coming from.

Outside of listening to Howard Stern, my favorite SiriusXM channels are Classic Vinyl, Lithium, and Ozzy's Boneyard and would love more songs from those playlists.  I listen to Classic Rewind quite a bit too, and occasionally Hair Nation.  Been a dry spell for quite a while but I've also built up my back catalog.

Keep hitting up the song request page, it can't hurt. 

• Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    djb5f1 said:

Been a dry spell for quite a while but I've also built up my back catalog.

Keep hitting up the song request page, it can't hurt. 

Have definitely built up my back catalog over the last year, and am down to crumbs in the wishlist at this point.

I also regularly hit the request page, but I can't remember the last time anything I requested outside of 3-4 RBN rewinds made it into the game. Owl suggested on a reddit thread that RWBY fans blew up the request page at one point to get their songs into the game, makes me wonder if a 70s-80s-90s contingent might be able to pool their resources to do the same.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I have to imagine those RWBY songs were much cheaper to license than better known acts. Doubt there was a huge push to get them included though.

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

I have to imagine those RWBY songs were much cheaper to license than better known acts. Doubt there was a huge push to get them included though.

Yeah, I would guess since they're basically promotional material, they're a cheaper to license than "real" music. I just wish they would have put all 3 songs in a pack so we could have gotten them out of the way all at once, months ago.