DLC Discussion Thread: The Bouncing Souls, Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams, and Senses Fail!

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

I own them all, and I'll admit, they're pretty fun to play! But the vocals are annoying enough that I don't play them all that often, and I've never had a friend choose to play them (although most laugh when they see I have Spongebob songs, and hey, aren't they worth the price of purchase just to make your friends smile?)

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

...so you guys think the request page is still a “numbers” gathering thing? …as in, people are constantly hitting it up and HMX is going “okay, great! - looks like ‘song-x’ has crossed the 10k request threshold, let’s see if we can get it”? I’ve personally just thought (as of these latter parts of RB4) of it more as a place to put ideas at the “fore front” of HMX collective mind. As in, every so often someone makes a request and they go “oh, yeah, there’s a good one we haven’t tried to go after yet, let’s make a call and see what happens”.

fore example, @Intros9 just reminded me of Run Runaway (assuming you mean by Slade?) - submitting my request now! That’d be awesome to have and don’t know why I never thought of that one before!

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited February 9
    Well I admit that I was harsh last year in some DLC announcement threads (particularly during some of seasons 4 and 5) because of no RBVR progress and got annoyed over the July update bugs and lack of instrument supply so sorry about that. Of course I haven't given up hope for those last 10 songs but I decided months ago (around season 7/8, don't remember exactly when) that it was better to mention it less often. I'm glad at least there's some hope to go by like us getting other Maroon 5 (Girls Like You) and Band of Horses (The Funeral, No One's Gonna Love You, Is There a Ghost) recently.

As for the request page, I wish there was some way to tell you if you'd already requested something.
  • Sorry for the double post but is the removal of editing posts a forums glitch?
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...

I’m thinking the forums are acting up due to the vanilla upgrade (as @LoopyChew pointed out in the WAYDRN thread previously). Hopefully things get straightened out soon.

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    BachiG said:

...so you guys think the request page is still a “numbers” gathering thing? …as in, people are constantly hitting it up and HMX is going “okay, great! - looks like ‘song-x’ has crossed the 10k request threshold, let’s see if we can get it”? I’ve personally just thought (as of these latter parts of RB4) of it more as a place to put ideas at the “fore front” of HMX collective mind. As in, every so often someone makes a request and they go “oh, yeah, there’s a good one we haven’t tried to go after yet, let’s make a call and see what happens”.

fore example, @Intros9 just reminded me of Run Runaway (assuming you mean by Slade?) - submitting my request now! That’d be awesome to have and don’t know why I never thought of that one before!

Yes, of course, it is just an idea collection tool, to see where the internet’s/demand is. I am sure many they have already ruled out, like Stairway to Heaven
  • Well I admit that I was harsh last year in some DLC announcement threads (particularly during some of seasons 4 and 5) because of no RBVR progress and got annoyed over the July update bugs and lack of instrument supply. Of course I haven't given up hope for those last 10 songs but I decided months ago (around season 7/8, don't remember exactly when) that it was better to mention it less often. I'm glad at least there's some hope to go by like us getting other Maroon 5 (Girls Like You) and Band of Horses (The Funeral, No One's Gonna Love You, Is There a Ghost) recently.

As for the request page, I wish there was some way to tell you if you'd already requested something.

Yeah, it would be nice if we could tell if we had already requested a song.
  • I started a memo file on my phone. I just add songs to that as I request em.

• Looks like editing posts is back though quoting is still somewhat messed up.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    How about search? Does search work again?

*tries it*

No it does not.
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    edited February 11
    djb5f1 said:

Yes, of course, it is just an idea collection tool, to see where the internet’s/demand is. I am sure many they have already ruled out, like Stairway to Heaven

Thought I heard somewhere that Jimmy Page categorically refused to license their music to any rhythm game on "artistic principles." Then he goes off and records "Come With Me" with P. Puff Diddily. (rolls eyes)
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Intros9 said:

djb5f1 said:

Thought I heard somewhere that Jimmy Page categorically refused to license their music to any rhythm game on "artistic principles." Then he goes off and records "Come With Me" with P. Puff Diddily. (rolls eyes)
    Yeah, Jimmy Page basically looks at video games as kids stuff. There was a press conference where he and Jack White were promoting a documentary, and when asked about Guitar Hero and Rock Band, they both trashed the idea of music games. Page's main complaint seemed to be the idea of "dumbing down" the music in a way that anyone can play it. One thing Page said was, "You think of the drum part that John Bonham did on Led Zeppelin's first track on the first album, Good Times Bad Times...How many drummers in the world can play that part, let alone on Christmas morning?"
    (https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jimmy-page-jack-white-slam-guitar-hero-210702)

IIRC, Harmonix said in the past they did actually pitch a Led Zepplin Rock Band game to the band (similar to The Beatles game), including art designs, dreamscapes, etc and they just weren't interested in doing it. (Or maybe it was Pink Floyd they pitched to, I can't remember)