Hardcore/Metalcore Fans?

hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I'm just curious if there's anyone here into this stuff?

A few bands I love:

Hatebreed
Terror
Unearth
Full Blown Chaos
100 Demons
Death Before Dishonor
If Hope Dies

Of course I expect "Ihatesh*ttymetalcore" to come in here and flame, but whatever. We all have our preferences.

Comments

• Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    HORSE The Band

nintendocore ftw
  • MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Here are my fave Metalcore/Hardcore bands: Killwitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, Walls of Jericho, and As I Lay Dying.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    of all the -core bands i gotta say i hate nintendocore the worst. ****ing hate horse the band. i hate em so much i will not respect them by capitalizing the word horse just for their conveniecne. oh yeah did forget to mention hardcore/metalcore blows??

the only band that is considered metalcore for some retarded reason that i can not comprehend that owns beyond belief is mastodon. clearly not metalcore but they are often lumped in with those faggots, so i'll refer to them as that.

also machinehead's latest album was fantastic if you consider that metalcore too
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I don't even know this Horse band you speak of. But Mastodon is not metalcore, they just fall somewhere in one of those thousands of metal categories.

Killwitch Engage, Shadows Fall, and As I Lay Dying <----those aren't metalcore, just metal, but still good bands. Though Killswitch went too soft. I liked their first album.

Walls of Jericho are good, better live though.

And of course I have to reply to battle_axe. Not only did you use words like "retarded" and "faggots" which are definitely against the TOS, but your negativity is not needed.

This thread was directed to people who are fans of the 2 genre's, not ***holes like you who have to put everything down. You don't like it? Fine, just ignore this thread and move on. I didn't go into the MCR thread and bash them on their preference. Grow up dude.

Also, Machinehead is not even close to Metalcore, so obviously you don't even know what Metalcore is, therefore your opinion is void.

Anyway, anyone else have good hardcore bands they love? I'd love to find more I don't know about.
    edited August 2007
    lmao you think kse, shadows fall, and as i lay dying aren't metalocre when of course they are the archetype of what metalcore is so YOUR opinion is void.

also lol i diss the bands and the grene themselves and you go ahead and attack me, way to take the high ground there mister

i go into whatever thread i want and post an opinion on whatever band i want. if there is a pink floyd band thread i'll go in there and say pink floyd dominates all souls, and if its a dream theater thread i'll go in there and say it blows. its up to someone else to bring me back in here and defend myself. people always use this "respect our opinions" bull**** whenever i diss their favorite band, yet they don't respect mine and let it be. for christ sake there's going to be someone who dislikes a band of yours so just ****ing accept it and continue on. like i've said before this forum (or any forum for that matter) would be a boring failure if everyone agreed on everything.

and about machinehead notice how i put in "if you consider it metalcore" which should have made it obvious that i dont' consider them metalcore you moron.
  • The_WurmThe_Wurm Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    MrtyMcfly;35202 said:
    therefore your opinion is void.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fragpiratefragpirate Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    mastodon is prog-metal.

as for all the other bands, the first time i heard a few of these bands i thought "hey this aint bad" i mean, it had good hooks, aggressive vox and some decent speed. but then i heard another harcore/metalcore band... and another... then they blurred together and i realised. ITS JUST THE SAME ****!!!!! and the more i listened the more i realised how mediocre it all is.
  • fragpiratefragpirate Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;35205 said:
    lmao you think kse, shadows fall, and as i lay dying aren't metalocre when of course they are the archetype of what metalcore is so YOUR opinion is void.

also lol i diss the bands and the grene themselves and you go ahead and attack me, way to take the high ground there mister

i go into whatever thread i want and post an opinion on whatever band i want. if there is a pink floyd band thread i'll go in there and say pink floyd dominates all souls, and if its a dream theater thread i'll go in there and say it blows. its up to someone else to bring me back in here and defend myself. people always use this "respect our opinions" bull**** whenever i diss their favorite band, yet they don't respect mine and let it be. for christ sake there's going to be someone who dislikes a band of yours so just ****ing accept it and continue on. like i've said before this forum (or any forum for that matter) would be a boring failure if everyone agreed on everything.

and about machinehead notice how i put in "if you consider it metalcore" which should have made it obvious that i dont' consider them metalcore you moron.
    y'know im pretty curious as to what your favorite music actually is.
    edited August 2007
    this might sound cliched but i honestly don't have a favorite music genre. i love metal, i love prog, i love world music, i love rap, etc etc etc
    fragpirate;35314 said:
    mastodon is prog-metal.

as for all the other bands, the first time i heard a few of these bands i thought "hey this aint bad" i mean, it had good hooks, aggressive vox and some decent speed. but then i heard another harcore/metalcore band... and another... then they blurred together and i realised. ITS JUST THE SAME ****!!!!! and the more i listened the more i realised how mediocre it all is.
    also this is my problem with the genre. i wouldn't mind it if the vocals were better and without the breakdowns, and if every band didn't sound the same. hell about 90% of these two genres have the word dying in their name or some type of variation of "death". over-exaggeration i know, but still :D

also the lyrics are the same horrible, "we will rise against those who oppose us" bull****
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;35197 said:
    of all the -core bands i gotta say i hate nintendocore the worst. ****ing hate horse the band. i hate em so much i will not respect them by capitalizing the word horse just for their conveniecne. oh yeah did forget to mention hardcore/metalcore blows??
    well sorry that they're original. you're just mad because they get better pizza than you.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    fragpirate;35315 said:
    y'know im pretty curious as to what your favorite music actually is.
    The Greatest Band of all Time: THE BEATLES and IMMORTAL, ULVER, OPETH, RADIOHEAD, Metallica (up to St. Anger), RUSH, BLACK SABBATH, OZZY, SIMON & GARFUNKEL, Morbid Angel, INTERPOL, Death, TOOL, PFM, FRANK ZAPPA, Captain Beefheart, A Perfect Circle, THE TALKING HEADS, JUDAS PRIEST, Anathema, Shining, Xasthur, Wolves In The Throne Room, Nachtmystium, Iron Maiden, Deftones, ATHEIST, Leviathan, (old)Sepultura, Cephalic Carnage, Can, PRIMUS, Cryptopsy, PAATOS, Anekdoten, AKERCOCKE, Burzum, Abigor, Mayhem, Emperor, Meshuggah, AcDc, BEATLES, Bathory, BILLY JOEL, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Borknager, THE MARS VOLTA, Edge of Sanity, CELTIC FROST, Cream, PORCUPINE TREE, FRANK ZAPPA, Possessed, Guapo, Miasma and the carousel of headless horses, KING DIAMOND/MERCYFUL FATE, Mahavishnu Orchestra, ENSLAVED, Public Enemy, KATATONIA, Led Zeppelin, PINK FLOYD, NEIL YOUNG, The Police, Blonde Redhead, Miles Davis, Muse
    There you go.
    edited August 2007
    Rev0lver;35331 said:
    well sorry that they're original. you're just mad because they get better pizza than you.
    pizza's overrated. now spaghetti, now thats where its at. idc about originality, doesn't stop me from hating them, and despite wut you say the beatles were original and yet you still dislike them so yeah whatevor. fact is spaghetti > pizza
    edited August 2007
    I like all metal. Sub-Genres exist to create a sense of elitest snobbery. The likes of which are evident on this forum.
    edited August 2007
    fragpirate;35314 said:

then they blurred together and i realised. ITS JUST THE SAME ****!!!!! and the more i listened the more i realised how mediocre it all is.
    Meh, I think that's a little biased. You could say that about any genre.
    All rap sounds the same, all death metal sounds the same, all punk rock sounds the same, etc. etc.

It's when you get into something that you really like when you can really notice the difference in bands' styles and such.

I'll say right now that I know nothing about the difference between Death metal and Black metal. "It all sounds the same" Sound familiar? :D

But I guess no one is really into the music I mentioned, I'll do myself a favor it not mention it again :(
  • beermanbeerman Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    newwaytodie;35563 said:
    I like all metal. Sub-Genres exist to create a sense of elitest snobbery. The likes of which are evident on this forum.
    My favorite sub-genre is Stoner Rock. I think I'll start a thread about it.
  • BarryCBarryC Banned
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;35205 said:

i go into whatever thread i want and post an opinion on whatever band i want. if there is a pink floyd band thread i'll go in there and say pink floyd dominates all souls, and if its a dream theater thread i'll go in there and say it blows.
    That's why everyone thinks you're a ****ing dickhead and moronic asshole. Which is the truth.
    edited August 2007
    BarryC;35819 said:
    That's why everyone thinks you're a ****ing dickhead and moronic asshole. Which is the truth.
    lol this dude came out of no where. Thanks for the support, I was just letting it end with him. I realized there's no point in trying to reason with him.
  • edited August 2007
    unearth is absolutely awesome, hatebreed and terror are god awful. imo.
    edited August 2007
    That's understandable, a lot of people don't like Hatebreed and Terror because of their simplicity. It's mainly the lyrics that I love about those bands. Influential.

But yes, Unearth IS amazing, there's no denying that they are extremely talented at what they do.
    edited August 2007
    BarryC;35819 said:
    right cuz having my own opinion about certain bands/genres makes me moronic. in that case we're all morons and none of us should ever say a word. thats some perfectly reasonable logic you got going there you ****ing dunce

i don't mind being called an asshole btw cuz it is true :)
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;35481 said:
    pizza's overrated. now spaghetti, now thats where its at. idc about originality, doesn't stop me from hating them, and despite wut you say the beatles were original and yet you still dislike them so yeah whatevor. fact is spaghetti > pizza
    the beatles were only original back then. but today they're just another one of the mix. i haven't heard any other bands like HORSE, and don't expect to. plus, they sing about killing bunnies and pizzas taking over the world. bunnies>beatles.
    edited August 2007
    beatles >>> life

and i've heard many bands that sound like horse, but they're local bands so i don't think they count :p

and the only reason why the beatles sound generic now is cuz of course with any great innovation in something there are going to be generic imitators that are trying to cash in on wutevor the innovators made famous. other than frank zappa, name one band pre-beatles that did everything they did. none, now name bands post-beatles that do everything they did. too many to name
    edited August 2007
  • BarryCBarryC Banned
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;36201 said:
    right cuz having my own opinion about certain bands/genres makes me moronic. in that case we're all morons and none of us should ever say a word. thats some perfectly reasonable logic you got going there you ****ing dunce

i don't mind being called an asshole btw cuz it is true :)
    It's ok to have your opinion, but you openly stated you just waltz into any thread to call a band *** or say they suck, which means you SUCK big donkey dick.
    edited August 2007
    Rev0lver;36272 said:
    mcr>beatles
    rfovlasurojzlvlaksjf rofllmaololwljlsofj

no

and to barry bonds: i just waltz into a thread about the band that i think it blows, and openly state it cuz thats how i feel about it. people like you can me an asshole all they want, but all i really did was just say "so and so band blows" and people like you, fiyero, and others get all defensive and act as if i just offended their very heritage. i've got nothing against you, but if you're gonna start telling me **** cuz i have a different opinion i'm gonna dish it back.
    edited August 2007
    Too bad the Beatles can't come back and "save" rock music.

FAIL.
    edited August 2007
    rock music doesn't need to be saved, its nice and well with certain viruses that will come and go (aka emo and power metal) :)
    edited August 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;36314 said:
    rock music doesn't need to be saved, its nice and well with certain viruses that will come and go (aka emo and power metal) :)
    i'll agree with you there