Looking for a Drum Kit To Learn with.

dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
edited February 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
Hello, my fellow rb'ers, I've recently become very interested in learning how to play the drums *No, not the rb drums, REAL drums*, and I need a suggestion on a good drum kit *From Guitar Center perferably*, that sounds good, and is great to learn with. Price could be an issue, but as long as it's under 700 or so it should be great, I'm asking here because I know there have to be a few real drummers here, and I want a suggestion from a real drummer.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/

Comments

• xianzaixianzai Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I'm thinking of buying the Alesis dm5 pro kit and somehow connecting it to RB.

I'd like to know what people think of it?
  • edited February 2008
    I too am interested in getting a drum kit , any suggestion's would be much appreciated!
  • nickpisawesomenickpisawesome Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    i play drums for real.ive been playing for just about 8 yaers now. i would suggest a PDP EZ series set.it is a five peice with every thing you need, a pedal, hi-hats and hats stand, crashride and cymbal stand,and a snare stand.it is not on guitarcenter.com but im sure if you went there with a picture of the set from pacificdrums.com and they will probably order it for you and call you when itsin.i started with a set like that and now ive steped up to a PDP X7 series and i use a double bass pedal.if your looking for something more top of the line but no hardware(stands,cymbals etc.0 then there are quite a few out there for under 700
  • xianzaixianzai Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Thanks, I'm keen on an electronic set though.
  • edited February 2008
    nickpisawesome;316125 said:
    i play drums for real.ive been playing for just about 8 yaers now. i would suggest a PDP EZ series set.it is a five peice with every thing you need, a pedal, hi-hats and hats stand, crashride and cymbal stand,and a snare stand.it is not on guitarcenter.com but im sure if you went there with a picture of the set from pacificdrums.com and they will probably order it for you and call you when itsin.i started with a set like that and now ive steped up to a PDP X7 series and i use a double bass pedal.if your looking for something more top of the line but no hardware(stands,cymbals etc.0 then there are quite a few out there for under 700
    Thank's for the info , your awesome nickp!
  • EviEvi Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    You can usually get a Tama kit for a good price at GC, and they are a pretty reputable brand. Chances are, especially when you're just starting out, you won't be able to tell the difference between two brands in the same price range, so don't worry about it too much. If you don't like the way something sounds you can always replace the heads or tune them differently or buy a new cymbal or whatever. Your setup will be all down to personal preference and with what you feel most comfortable playing, and you probably won't know this for sure until you've been playing for a while anyway. Drums are pretty customizable, you just have get the basics so you can start to learn, and then experiment from there.