Stoner Rock Fan? Rest here.

beermanbeerman Opening Act
edited September 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I speaking to those that like the following: Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Spiritual Beggars, Nebula, Monster Magnet, Atomic Bitchwax, Clutch, C.O.C., Karma To Burn, Fireball Ministry, Valient Thorr, The Hellacopters, QOTSA, Mondo Generator, Spirit Caravan, Acid Bath, Alabama Thunderpussy, Sixty Watt Shaman, Solace, sHeavy, Solarized, High On Fire, Sleep, Masters Of Reality, Unida, Slo Burn, Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Acid King, The Sword, Probot, etc...:cool:

Comments

• BarryCBarryC Banned
    edited August 2007
    I haven't heard almost any of those bands but I found Acid Bath a long time ago and oh my god, their two albums are FRIGGIN amazing. I don't think the quality of the recording would let the masters in any way hit Rock Band but if they could redo something like Acid Bath's Paegan Love Song, it would be suh-weet.
  • PampariusPamparius Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Kyuss for the win, I worked on a couple fireball videos and high on fire as well. Stoner rock has my heart.
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Valient Thorr and the Sword are sweet!
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    beerman;35810 said:
    I speaking to those that like the following: Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Spiritual Beggars, Nebula, Monster Magnet, Atomic Bitchwax, Clutch, C.O.C., Karma To Burn, Fireball Ministry, Valient Thorr, The Hellacopters, QOTSA, Mondo Generator, Spirit Caravan, Acid Bath, Alabama Thunderpussy, Sixty Watt Shaman, Solace, sHeavy, Solarized, High On Fire, Sleep, Masters Of Reality, Unida, Slo Burn, Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, Acid King, The Sword, Probot, etc...:cool:
    haven't heard mondo generator and since they're not on ozzfest anymore i don't think i will, but those bands are fantastic. long live the dopethrone!!!!!!!!!
  • SaltinesSaltines Rising Star
    edited August 2007
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I usually don't like Stoner-rock that much, but QOTSA and Monster Magnet are awesomly good. Also some songs by Solace and Spirit Caravan.
  • MrGrievesMrGrieves Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I really like these two: High on Fire and Valient Thorr
  • BobLoblawBobLoblaw Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I <3 Stoner Rock. Electric Wizard, Sleep & Queens of the Stone Age in particular.
  • senomarsenomar Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I knew it would only be a matter of time before Beerman made a thread like this. Stoner rock= best music ever. Kyuss and Nebula FTW.
  • beermanbeerman Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I'm suprised it took me this long.
    BTW, I'm listening to NOLA right now. Anyone hear anything more about the new Down album?
  • the_polite_forcethe_polite_force Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    listening to the new high on fire album, its great so far :thumbsup:
  • stormzsystemstormzsystem Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Hey sorry about posting this in here, but it seems that everyone in the 'Band Wanted' section is only looking for virtual bands..

Queen Elephantine is looking for new musicians.
    http://www.myspace.com/queenelephantine

We have played in Hong Kong thus far, but I am relocating to New York City and am interested in continuing the band - provided I find the right new lineup.

I'm looking for someone who can practice at least once a week, play shows regularly and tour occasionally. We are both a live and recording band (our last release was a split with Sons Of Otis) so that level of commitment is necessary.

Still looking for drummer, percussionist, bassist, but if you play something else, what the hell.

If interested please contact me through myspace or email me at [email]storm_420@hotmail.com[/email] (with something like queen elephantine in the subject line so that I don't delete it).

Once again - forgive the 'spam' in the thread, but I figured this was a relevant topic.
    edited August 2007
    stormzsystem;41358 said:
    Hey sorry about posting this in here, but it seems that everyone in the 'Band Wanted' section is only looking for virtual bands..

Queen Elephantine is looking for new musicians.
    http://www.myspace.com/queenelephantine

We have played in Hong Kong thus far, but I am relocating to New York City and am interested in continuing the band - provided I find the right new lineup.

I'm looking for someone who can practice at least once a week, play shows regularly and tour occasionally. We are both a live and recording band (our last release was a split with Sons Of Otis) so that level of commitment is necessary.

Still looking for drummer, percussionist, bassist, but if you play something else, what the hell.

If interested please contact me through myspace or email me at [email]storm_420@hotmail.com[/email] (with something like queen elephantine in the subject line so that I don't delete it).

Once again - forgive the 'spam' in the thread, but I figured this was a relevant topic.
    You're forgiven. Anyone who shares an album with Sons of Otis is the real deal. Too bad I'm not musically inclined or from NYC. Good luck!

PS- didn't I see that album at CDBaby?
  • stormzsystemstormzsystem Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Indeed you did! Give it a listen if you have the chance.

If you know any musicians in the NYC area (sad that you aren't!) please do let them know that we're looking.

Thanks, Beerman.
    edited August 2007
    No, but I know a guy from Jersey with really cool sideburns...
  • edited August 2007
    beerman;35810 said:
    You rang? :D
    edited August 2007
    Hello to my new best friend!:D

Did I forget anyone on that list?
  • senomarsenomar Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    ^He's the newest addition to the club. :D
    edited September 2007
    senomar;44477 said:
    ^He's the newest addition to the club. :D
    When's our first meeting?
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    How bout half past a monkey's ass, a quarter till his balls?