Time Machine Around the Corner

Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
edited February 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/02/uh_oh_russians_have_either_bui.php

IMO, this is ****ing stupid. What if something goes horribly wrong?

Comments

• LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Them Russians are cuckoo for cocoa puffs!!
  • QuinarvyQuinarvy Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    I can go see Hendrix and Led Zep live! I might lose an arm but whatever.
  • KillAutumnKillAutumn Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I haven't been visited by my future self to tell me I shouldn't do something, so I don't think it's possible.

Because I've always promised myself I'd totally go back and stop myself from crashing my moms car into the fence if Time Travel was possible.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited February 2008
    I agree with this (and to the same extent the last post):

"If you can go back in time, wouldn't there already be people here from the future?"
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    If I could travel through time, I guess I would only travel to the future, I'd hate to go back in time and do something there that would screw up some future event, like maybe i'd be driving along and accidentally running over a younger(kid) Alex Rigopoulos and then Rockband would never exist!!:eek:
  • FallenAceFallenAce Eater of Fine Cheeses
    edited February 2008
    This would likely be a forward-in-time-only kind of thing. You guys have to think about Mr. Stephen Hawking and his ideas on this process.

If we ripped the time-space continuum on April 28, 2008, the earliest to which you could travel back would be April 28, 2008 since before that, there was no rip. There has to be an entrance and an exit point. Depending on how space folds, it may be that it rips to a specific other point in time, or just another universal position. Basically if you step through it, you may end up in the exact same place 200 years from now, or you may end up floating out by Alpha Centari.

In any event, you would likely be unable to travel back in time since there would be no opening at an earlier time.

Further, you'd likely end up in a parallel world as opposed to the same Earth at a different date.

And unless the rip were to be sustained by dark matter, it'd likely seal right back before even light could travel through it. Look up the Einstein-Rosen Bridge vs a Morris-Thorne Wormhole to understand more about this part. Research Stephen Hawking to learn about why it likely only allow forward-time travel.