Why Uwe Boll is Cool and Postal is Not

XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I confess I love Uwe Boll perhaps for the same reason I love Ed Wood. Here's a man, truly passionate, that dosen't give a flying fück about critics but does what he loves because he loves it. It's easy to love your job if you're being praised left and right. But Boll wholeheartedly pours himself into this for himself which is, in my opinion, a true artist.

That being said I looked forward to Postal. Seeing Boll acknowledge his self-carved niche to his advantage. Well 1Up has a good read about both topics.

Comments

• XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Uwe Boll's movies still suck.. and they always will.

And, I'm disappointed that Dave Foley is in this.. He's awesome.. Why?!
  • newwaytodienewwaytodie Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Uwe Boll just needs to realize that the gaming community is the most critical, hateful, obsessive, group of nerds ever assembled.
    edited August 2007
    His movies will always suck. I'd be dissapointed otherwise.
  • edited August 2007
    BloodRayne kicked ass!:mad: :mad: :mad:

[/sarcasm]:D
  • JakeFatalJakeFatal Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    postal is easily one of the greatest games created and now uwe boll has to ruin it with a movie
  • Kang_ZirconKang_Zircon Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I can appreciate your love of bad movies, but Uwe Boll is one of ther worst things to happen to the video game industry. I honestly think he despises them. His movies further the stereotype that gaming is a tasteless, violent media that trains children to be killers. He calls his movies "art" so that the German government will fund them. Because of that and the fact that his movies are such rubbish and are about games, the general public goes on thinking that games themselves aren't, and can never be art.
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Isn't he going to produce a God of War movie ? He better not ruin it..
  • edited August 2007
    TheRocker;37094 said:
    Isn't he going to produce a God of War movie ? He better not ruin it..

WHAT :eek:
    edited August 2007
    No he's not.

But if you sincerely blame Boll for the ignorance of the nation you're a shallow man.
  • _Five__Five_ Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I don't think he's doing them out of passion and love for moviemaking. I suspect he's doing it for the money.
    There is this rumor that whenever one of his movies flops, he gets to keep all the funding the German state has given him because of some artist/movie support law thingie. So he's making horrible movies on purpose.
    edited August 2007
    Than he was a great actor in all those interviews and a great scam artist (well all actors are scam artist but you get it) and only earns more of my respect.
  • Kang_ZirconKang_Zircon Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't give him enough credit to think he's solely to blame for people's assumptions about gaming, but he certainly isn't helping the situation. I honestly don't care if he makes more movies or not, I just wish he wouldn't make them about video games. I like bad movies too, but not when they have a negative impact on a medium I really care about.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, from what I understand there was a big german loophole for his old movies.. so even if they didn't turn a buck it didn't really matter (although I heard that that law went defunct last year). He claims that no matter how bad his movies do, they always end up getting back in the black on home video.. which wouldn't be surprising, given what does get rented/bought.

Also, you do have to give him credit for some of his business skills.. like how he frequently manages to get credable actors in his movies for cheap, just because he waits until the last second to cast them knowing that if they're free, they'll take the job for a fast buck (actually said in an interview once).

However, the guy still thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread and sucks horse c0ck through a straw.
  • edited August 2007
    They would never let him touch a God of War Movie

Oh and dosent he look like he could ba very good film maker?
    edited August 2007
    Anybody can make a good film with enough taste and care. Boll is tasteless but remember he's German. Have you seen German TV? Yuck. And most of their movies are US rip-offs.