Rock Blog Monday 08/13/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
So my cousin wasn't as impressed with the game as she was in all the scooters around the office which she rode around happily. I also may have erred by telling her that we were going to the super amazing candy store afterwards. Don't worry, we'll make a gamer of her yet.

Thanks to Bounch for letting me know about the Bioshock demo the second it popped up last night. I started downloading right away and as of my leaving for work this morning it was at 63%. I have big hopes that is actually done when I get home. Anyone played it? How is it?

I got to play with some of the brand spanking new guitars that came in on Friday. I really liked the feel of them, I didn't seem to really lose my place at all and the strumming felt awesome. I'm sure there will be more details to follow as we get closer to launch but I was actually surprised by how awesome it felt.

Blogs!

Sasquatch needs a tattoo, and he is open to your artistic stylings.

Comments

• stinkdog2007stinkdog2007 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Wasn't impressed?!?!?!? I would kill just to play it, even just look at it.
  • Demoneyeskyo44Demoneyeskyo44 Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Bioshock is sick!!!!!!!!!
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    stinkdog2007;37849 said:
    Wasn't impressed?!?!?!? I would kill just to play it, even just look at it.
    Agreed. Could you guys just like, tape one of your LoveBucket practices? I just wanna see some video action!
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;37853 said:
    Agreed. Could you guys just like, tape one of your LoveBucket practices? I just wanna see some video action!
    Yeah, that would be awesome. :D
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Ooh its good to hear the new guitars feel great. I have faith that they will be amazing.

Too bad your cousin didn't like the game that much, maybe it just wasn't for her.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    The bioshock demo is short in terms of gameplay (some lenghty cutscenes), but the atmosphere and visuals are unreal.

I was instantly sucked in, and am 100% buying it next week.
  • edited August 2007
    ThePaska;37863 said:

Too bad your cousin didn't like the game that much, maybe it just wasn't for her.
    I think it was just a little difficult for her to grasp. She is 8, she's never really played any video games before, and there were scooters and promises of candy elsewhere. I did manage to get her hooked on Rayman and Warioware later in the day, though. So there is still hope.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Hey is LoveBucket gonna be at PAX?
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Rayman and warioware are addicting for adults too. So that's understandable. :p
    I hope the new guitars were a mix of PS3 and 360 guitars. :D
    Oh and I'd also like to second the motion for you guys to record a LoveBucket practice.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Excellent! We are all waiting eagerly to play Harmonix's baby!
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    My demo was done downloading when I woke up this morning, and I got in fifteen minutes of play before work. Utterly amazing. I think I'm going to delete it though, try and keep from diluting the experience any further since I made my pre-order over lunch today...I have complete faith that it's going to be one awesome freaking game...too bady you'll probably not get much play time, due to crunch and all...in fact, why don't you make sure no one gets it until Rock Band goes gold, ok? thanks...;)
  • travmeatwadtravmeatwad Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;37868 said:
    I think it was just a little difficult for her to grasp. She is 8, she's never really played any video games before, and there were scooters and promises of candy elsewhere. I did manage to get her hooked on Rayman and Warioware later in the day, though. So there is still hope.
    Ah, I own both of those.. Very addicting..
  • edited August 2007
    YEah the Bioshock Demo was amazing.

The graphics are sexy!
  • thegame696911thegame696911 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Hmmmmm game of the year ?????

Bioshock...... Rockband ?

along with like 10 other great games coming out at the end of the year, gonna be an awesome end to the year for gaming. Oh, and Lovebucket must be at PAX !!
  • edited August 2007
    Good thing they're both not coming out in the same week...I'd DEFINiTELY be broke!

Bioshock looks and plays great...nothing like setting some miserable bastard on fire!!!
  • cmg4894cmg4894 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Funny, a blog about a tattoo and the new guitars. I'm waiting for the final guitar pics. I'm getting the GH X-poler guitar and the RB Strat tattoo. I think I'm going to cross them, it's going on the inside of my right forearm. About 6 inches big. Back on topic: I understand the age of your cousin. Just start them young. They will see the power of the dark side.
  • edited August 2007
    Xzyliac;37875 said:
    Hey is LoveBucket gonna be at PAX?
    2 of 4 members of LoveBucket will be at PAX, though I have heard there was a name change late last week. I am quite sure the new name will be just as evocative...of things that are rad.
  • JoiggaJoigga Banned
    edited August 2007
    the demo wasent very long for a 1.36 GB download ... but when big daddy came and got the dude that was trying to get the little sister i was a little scared lol ... but i wanted to see more stuff like were you throw a lava ball and the person fights for you ... or the freeze power ... all that was in the demo was a pistol ... a wrench ... and a power to shock people ... the funniest part of the demo was when this mom was ooking over a baby carriage and saying dont worry everything is going to be all right daddy will come back ... i kill the mom and i look into the baby carriage and here is a pistol ... hahahha
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;37991 said:
    2 of 4 members of LoveBucket will be at PAX, though I have heard there was a name change late last week. I am quite sure the new name will be just as evocative...of things that are rad.
    Aww. I expect a live performance before release regardless of name.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Hey Sean I have an important question regarding play-testing the game. Check your inbox!
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I started downloading Bioshock when I got off work and checked on it before I went to bed (1:00 am) and it was at 9% :-\
    You people need to stop downloading so I can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2007
    God, Bioshock is so awesome. I played the demo twice already! Can't wait for the game.

Can't wait for Rockband either btw. :p
  • IrisKandiIrisKandi Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I just want to say that you guys are doing an awesome job so far. I can't wait for more updates. I really want to play around on the guitar, and I am not even interested in playing guitar on the game. The pictures that I have seen of it make it look too cool!

Rock Band is consuming my life already. I am even practicing singing the songs that have been announce!
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;37847 said:
    I got to play with some of the brand spanking new guitars that came in on Friday. I really liked the feel of them, I didn't seem to really lose my place at all and the strumming felt awesome. I'm sure there will be more details to follow as we get closer to launch but I was actually surprised by how awesome it felt.
    i'm sure u can't answer this, and u're prolly gonna hate me for asking, but here goes......was 1 of those guitars by chance the 360 guitar? and the big question...was it wired or wireless??? :D
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;38070 said:
    Hey Sean I have an important question regarding play-testing the game. Check your inbox!
    lol, i doubt he'll let you just stop by to play it.
  • MotleyPriest111MotleyPriest111 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;38577 said:
    That would be pretty sweet, though.
  • ababypenguinababypenguin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;37853 said:
    yes, please record a practice session! We've been good boys and girls, we deserve it!
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;38577 said:
    I got an invitation to stop by and play.
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;39141 said:
    I got an invitation to stop by and play.
    well, damn. I'll have to do the same.

from westfield huh? that's like a 2 hour drive. Definetly worth it though :)
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;39166 said:
    well, damn. I'll have to do the same.

from westfield huh? that's like a 2 hour drive. Definetly worth it though :)
    more like an hour and a half, but yeah worth it