Ghii Dlc

PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
edited August 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
I was wondering what the size of the DLC is for the song packs, I'm looking at getting a 360 before next week and Bioshock.

Will i really need that extra 100GB of space, i would rather save $100 if i can help it...

Comments

• MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    A 20GB is fine. Unless you download a heck of a load of movies on the Marketplace.
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    My problem is finding one of those, they have been sold out anywhere within 20miles of where i live for about two weeks now...
    edited August 2007
    Did you buy a core system? The 360 Premiums come with the 20GB. However I don't think the Elite is that much more expensive now with the price drops. I know for me to upgrade my 20 to a 100 is quite a bit of money, but if I was in the market for a new system, I'd probably go with the Elite.

Also, if you're getting a new 360, look for the new HDMI ones if your TV supports it.
    edited August 2007
    Trying to find a premium is hard enough, and there is no way I'm getting a core system. There is still the $100 difference between the elite and the premium though and that is nearly two games.
    edited August 2007
    That's true. I know from me being in Canada, the price drops really helped bring the Premium and Elite to a closer amount.

Have you tried purchasing on Amazon or a big online ordering site? Most offer pretty decent shipping prices.
    edited August 2007
    I know that a couple places are getting them in later in the week, I'd almost rather go get the elite cause i can get 10% off of it...if anywhere had a premium in i could get the 10% off that too...but no such luck
    edited August 2007
    Well, Elite is only good for you if you plan on downloading a buttload of content from Video Marketplace. I've had my 360 for awhile now and download lots of Demos and have about 10 or so XBLA games. I've never come close to filling it up, but right now Canada doesn't have Video Marketplace, so I don't download movies or TV Shows.

Now the the Premiums are starting to include HDMI inputs, they are a pretty good deal. When your store gets them in, check on the box for the HDMI input.
  • edited August 2007
    YEah I feel like crap now for buying a core with a harddrive when I was desperate for a 360. And now they dropped the prices even more so now I feel more stupid. Plus I had to buy a new core because my old 360 broke...

SO basically Im the biggest sucker on the planet.

Oh and I dont reccommend GH2 on 360 if you already own it on PS2. Mine almost broke my 360 again which is the reason I sold it. I would wait for GH3 and Rock Band personally.
  • IrisKandiIrisKandi Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Sushi, why didn't you send your 360 into Microsoft? They extended the warrantee another 2 years I think.

I have a premium, and I bought my bf the Elite so we have 2 360s. There is no real advantage to the Elite unless you want to store a lot of stuff. We have our 360 auto download every Arcade Demo, and still have almost 100gb including the other crap that we have sitting in storage. I know that my bf would do a random delete fest on the premium now and then so he didn't have to wory about space. But I am really happy that we have the Elite with Games like Forza 2 because they take up over a gig of space. I personally think that the 360 will start getting bigger games and that a gig will eventually be the norm.

I would go for the Elite. I don't regret the purchase, and I bought it BEFORE the price drop.
  • FreQstarFreQstar Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    The gh 2 DLC packs have all been between 31 and 44 MB and include 3 songs each. Just guessing but RB DLC songs will probably be 50% larger per song, at most.