FAQ is up!

edited June 2007 in Announcements
Brand new FAQ filled to the brim with awesomosity has been added to the site. The link for it is right up there between FORUM and MY ACCOUNT. I'll update it with more questions and answers as we make more releases. Enjoy!

Comments

• benjaminbenjamin Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    Would it be acceptable to repost this FAQs on another Forum if I link back to it afterwards?
  • edited May 2007
    Yeah, just link back so we can grow a bit. :)
  • WildWalkerWildWalker Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    hmxsean;2258 said:
    Brand new FAQ filled to the brim with awesomosity has been added to the site. The link for it is right up there between FORUM and MY ACCOUNT. I'll update it with more questions and answers as we make more releases. Enjoy!

I want to make some suggestions for the game, where is the best place to do it? (for future reference)

For now I'll do it here, move it if you need to.

Progress bar, I want to know how far through the song I am, if I have a full Star Power meter, I don't want to hit the last note without using it.

Note counter, when trying for the note streak awards, this would be useful.

Multiplayer. Any chance we could have a 4 player on one console mode, where one set of notes is diplayed, and everyone has to hit those notes (say if four of you have a guitar) and the winner is the most notes hit. This would be great as when the mates come over it wouldnt mean two of them sat there doin' sod all.

Better stats, as well as what I scored on a song, I would like to be able to look back and see what my percentage was, what note streak I got etc. At the moment I have to keep and Excel spreadsheet, it bored the crap out of me but at least I can see what songs I have done well on at what level etc.

Remove the songs you bought that you dont like, I have a list of songs longer than an Essex Dole queue and can't remove the ones I dont like.

Pick the difficulty at the start of the song, what a ball ache it is switching from Hard to Expert and back again.

Scores count in multiplayer mode, If I am logged in to live and beat a song, cant it count to the game?

6 weeks extra holiday a year to play RB

In the multiplayer part of RockBand, will you have the option for one of the musicians to sing? (thus getting a bonus)

An option to not have a Fret with a pattern, as sometimes I don't see the blue notes.

Wireless peripherals.

Rock Band II gets a keyboard player too :)

Effects pedal? is this comming?

If you have every played anyone who is really bad at GH, the Plink Plink, beerrgghh beerrgghh is really distracting, an option to stop audible errors might be nice (just the screen shakes will be fine)

'Get lost I'm playing GH make your own ferkin' dinner' T-Shirt to be supplied with the game

Online Rankings/Scores - attempting Hard/Expert seems to mean nothing when people are getting mega scores for plinking away to medium songs, needs balancing IMHO.

Thats it, great game, 12 songs to go on Expert and I will be a true GH :)

WildWalker.
  • edited June 2007
    Yeah, no. Definitely not the right section. :)

May i suggest the "Rock Band" section as opposed to "Announcements"?
  • WildWalkerWildWalker Opening Act
    edited June 2007
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited June 2007
    Is the reason the FAQ hasn't been updated since 5/23 that HMX hasn't released more info specifically? Will the information found in the latest mags ever be added to the FAQ? Or will those just stay in the Rock Band forum (as it currently is) stickied? I can see asking what songs are confirmed becoming a frequently asked question. Do you expect to add that kind of information to the FAQ or leave that for forum material?
  • edited June 2007
    I'll be updating that- probably tomorrow if I can get enough time.
  • edited June 2007
    Awesome. Finally some update.

Hey Sean, your beard is sexy. So....

Can I beta test?

I'm worthless, I know. xD
  • BloodlustBloodlust Opening Act
    edited June 2007
    As the dude who owes his life to Harmonix for a free signed guitar, I'd love to test RB... You know... to be like.. helpful and stuff. O_o