Rock Blog Tuesday 08/14/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
How was your day? Sadly there will be no LoveBucket practice tonight as we are one member down today. I think a name change may have happened as well - to "Revenge Pretty" which I also like. I am aching to get on the game and play. Sometimes I start jonesing a little. Our next practice is Thursday and then we only have one more before PAX.

Speaking of PAX, who is going? You should PM me and let me know so I can make sure you get at least one turn on the game (I have a feeling there will be lines.) I can't have community folks getting short shrift. Also, there will only be two members of LoveBucket/Revenge Pretty out there and we may need a few fill-ins. Who better than you lot?

Blogs!

Leo builds a functional cardboard couch

Canfield gets a gift from a playtester

SPECIAL FAN BLOG! This one was simply too funny not to post.

Apple has a Harmonix dream.

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Whoever gets to play with sean and the other member are pretty damn lucky.

and to Apples---- LOL
  • edited August 2007
    Too bad I'm not going. I can't afford a 360, much less an airline ticket
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I am so going, only about an hour and a half drive, I got about 6 buddies who are going too, gonna be a problem with the car but that's what the trunck is for.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Cool blogs today, I really love the art from the playtester. All those going to PAX are really lucky. Thats really cool of you to give us forum members slightly special treatment sean! I can't wait for it either, just one week away, we'll be getting some solid Rock Band news, I'm super excited!
  • karlkazakarlkaza Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I can't go!
    Its in freakin' seattle!
    Right?
  • MotleyPriest111MotleyPriest111 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Damn it, I'm on the other side of the country!
  • edited August 2007
    PsycoCheerio;38620 said:
    I am so going, only about an hour and a half drive, I got about 6 buddies who are going too, gonna be a problem with the car but that's what the trunck is for.
    Awesome, I am going to try to work out a little exclusive time with the game for community folks. I'll keep you posted.
  • MaherjMaherj Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;38660 said:
    Awesome, I am going to try to work out a little exclusive time with the game for community folks. I'll keep you posted.
    You travelling to Eastern Canada anytime soon Sean?
  • edited August 2007
    PlasticAss;38665 said:
    You travelling to Eastern Canada anytime soon Sean?
    Ha, I wish.

So Sean is tehre going to be a rockin new build at PAX your going to tell us about?

Or you could just tell us all the songs now:cool:
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Revenge Pretty. Incredible. You guys...that just so owns...seriously to me you guys are the rockstar equivalent.

Now let's talk expos: Do we have an official list of which expos Rock Band will be demoed? If so which of those will actually have Harmonix bands (reps or employees sounds lame)? And lastly, and maybe more answerable, can we expect any pre-release DLC on Live or PSN? Trailers, themes, picture packs, anything?

Sorry, got more questions tonight for some reason. Normally I can contain myself to 1
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    are you kidding me? A chance to jam w/ Revenge Pretty and I'm gonna miss it? ARGH!

Have fun Paxers...take pics...and vids...and steal a copy and send it to me. :)
  • Hade01Hade01 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Why must PAX be so far away? That would be an incredible birthday present for me next week! :D
    edited August 2007
    Why does the East Coast get the crap end of the stick? And Harmonix is here! You guys should use your influence and bring us our PAX/E3 hybrid. But not down south. Like between DC and Boston somewhere.
  • edited August 2007
    I got gooned for the last playtest!! I met all the criteria and got an email back from Jon Carter of Mars saying I was too late!!! Any more happening soon??
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;38660 said:
    You're doing a great job with the community stuff, Sean. Thanks for throwing us some bones.
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    deathstick;38782 said:
    I got gooned for the last playtest!! I met all the criteria and got an email back from Jon Carter of Mars saying I was too late!!! Any more happening soon??
    when was this? I got an email from him yesterday inviting me to come down sometime in the next two weeks. I met the criteria also, but i'm waiting for him to email me back. I have my fingers crossed.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Haha, I wonder...if I were to go to Boston, would they let me in the Harmonix offices? It's only like...two hours. And Xziliac, agreed, It sucks here on the East Coast. Especially here in Jersey. All we have here are toxic waste dumps and Bon Jovi...

(Hah, I'm good at New Jersey stereotypes)
  • edited August 2007
    Woo, I got a shout out for my crazy blog post.

The celebrity status is already rushing to my head. Gotta go down some booze and go stupid crazy like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;38927 said:
    Haha, I wonder...if I were to go to Boston, would they let me in the Harmonix offices? It's only like...two hours. And Xziliac, agreed, It sucks here on the East Coast. Especially here in Jersey. All we have here are toxic waste dumps and Bon Jovi...

Lies! You also have Six Flags and AC!! lol

Sean you definately have to get something going on at the East end. Dooooo iiiiit :D

And about your cousin....Thats alright, shes young. I'd probably be thinking about candy too if I was her.......mmmmmm Reese's lol

Keep up the good work release some new songs *cough* PAX *cough* :cool:
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;38927 said:

I'm pretty sure Harmonix wouldn't just let you walk into their offices and start playing their game...
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;38959 said:
    I'm pretty sure Harmonix wouldn't just let you walk into their offices and start playing their game...
    Haha, one can dream, can't they?
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;38589 said:
    Sadly there will be no LoveBucket practice tonight as we are one member down today.
    Which one is gone? It's perfectly okay to continue practice without a member if it's the bassist who's missing. ;)
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    My brother was supposed to come down and visit me this weekend so we could hang out and whatnot, therefor clearing up my weekend for next week (PAX). Sadly, he works for douche bags and they said he couldn't have this weekend off but NEXT weekend...............
    I love you Rock Band. I love you a lot. But, I love my brother just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more. I CAN'T GO TO PAX ANYMOREEEEEEEEEE. I think I'm going to cry :(
    This is truly a sad day. I was looking forward to meeting some peeps and of course Rock Band. ::sigh::
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;38589 said:
    How was your day?
    Bad. The first thing I read today was "EA confirms no Rockband for Europe in 2007". I was shocked and followed the link to Gamespot, and well, the EA UK guy said "I don't think it comes out in 2007 here". Ok, that's not really an official statement I guess. But it still doesnt sound good. :(
    Speaking of PAX, who is going? You should PM me and let me know so I can make sure you get at least one turn on the game (I have a feeling there will be lines.)
    Oh wow, I wish I could. But I would rather have the chance to go to Leipzig again, but unfortunately I can't be there too this year. Argh... damnit... what a bad day today :(
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;38959 said:
    maybe if you ask beforehand?
  • Rev0lverRev0lver Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    i'll fill in a spot if you send me a PAX and plane ticket :)
    edited August 2007
    Akaymay;38927 said:

I lived in Rahway for two years and I totally agree.
  • edited August 2007
    Umm yeah... I just looked up how much it'd cost me to get to PAX...

Plane tickets alone are $3752, and I'd need another $500 for accommodation and misc stuff. I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out.
  • AnteraanAnteraan Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Magnet;39041 said:
    Which one is gone? It's perfectly okay to continue practice without a member if it's the bassist who's missing. ;)
    Yes, because as we all know, a mini-fridge is more important than a bassist. ;)
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I always wince a bit when I see that one.

although it is kinda' true. :D