Rock Blog Friday 08/17/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
Today flew by. Wow. I got to play a mode of the game we haven't really shown off at all and I can honestly say it was one of the funnest things I have ever played in video games. I think it may actually be something of an awesome breakout thing to do. The second I can talk more about it I will, I just had to say something - it was that awesome.

Sorry I missed the blog update yesterday. Things were very nuts and the blog that went up last night went up late so I missed it. Whoops!

Of note - Tomorrow (Saturday the 18th) the website may be down for a few hours getting maintenanced. Don't panic.

Also, if you are going to PAX make sure to email me. I have some exclusive time with the game set up for people who have been members of this site and if I don't know you are coming I can't help you out! Lemme know!

Warburg with an exclusive Man Heat wallpaper.

Help DanT's band!

Learn a few things about our amazing QA team.

Naoko answers your questions.

Comments

• AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Aw man Sean, just rubbing in our faces how amazing this game is...playing modes not yet announced...Ooh, you're good...:cool:
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    So has it been shown but not much or not shown at all?

If you're gonna tease be clear at least!
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    You tested out something that hasn't been talked about at all sean? Ooh that sounds so interesting, I really need to know about it, I hope you can inform us of it sooner than later!
    More great blogs today! More than makes up for no updates yesterday.

DanT has yet another solid blog, I really enjoy each one he does, he hasn't disappointed me yet. And I'm definitely going to think of some solid lyrics for him.

Naoko's was hilarious too, awesome, and it has convinced me to go out and buy a tank ASAP.

All those going to PAX are extremely lucky and should all create some excellent blogs when they return, NO EXCUSES! :p
  • casedawgcasedawg Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    gah i think if hear another thing about this game as big as a new game mode my head may explode... i cant wait til release im getting the day it comes out!
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    i'm guessing it's that tug of war mode...or band world tour
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;40801 said:
    Well, you have to remember, the game that was shown at E3 was still a build of it, not the whole game. Like, for example, when they were picking songs to play, the set was "Demo songs". There's still probably about 3 or 4 more modes we haven't even heard of yet...maybe.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    masterx1918;40801 said:
    It's not band world tour mode because I'm pretty sure thats what the band formerly known as Love Bucket had been playing when they got together during the week.
  • steve66metalsteve66metal Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    casedawg;40718 said:
    gah i think if hear another thing about this game as big as a new game mode my head may explode... i cant wait til release im getting the day it comes out!
    dude im totally with you ive been marking the days off my calender ever since i found out the release date
    edited August 2007
    steve66metal;40873 said:
    dude im totally with you ive been marking the days off my calender ever since i found out the release date
    What release date? Nothing was ever announced. The only two RUMORED dates are:

November 20th (An estimate by video game companies)

November 6th (A random blurb by some video game magazine)
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;40656 said:
    I got to play a mode of the game we haven't really shown off at all and I can honestly say it was one of the funnest things I have ever played in video games. I think it may actually be something of an awesome breakout thing to do. The second I can talk more about it I will, I just had to say something - it was that awesome.
    When you do talk about it in the future, can you please reference this old post so we know that's what you were referring to?
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    God I hope the forums don't go down while I type the n00b guide. That'd be just my luck.
  • hellninjahellninja Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    yeah i live in canada and my EB said the 21st, so who the fu@$ knows.
    DAMMIT i want this game now ARRGGG.
  • ababypenguinababypenguin Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't trust the guys at EB as far as I can throw them. And as you may already know, I am a scrawny teenager who sits in front of his computer all day waiting for his favorite games to release. So I can't throw very far at all. If you want legitimate information, don't go to EB Games, come here. We will tell you everything we know, and will have sources to prove it.

>>edit Oh yeah, I forgot to say this.
    HOLY CRAP, a new mode of gameplay!!! SWEEEEET! I really hope you tell us about it after PAX! pleeeaaase???
  • edited August 2007
    When do we get to hear about more songs? I love finding out about new songs so I can scrape them off a CD or LEGALLY download them to get the idea of what the charts will look like when I play them... Please?
  • Dabog666Dabog666 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    You guys have it easy compared to me. Rock band isn't being released in Europe till 2008.
    Sucks to be me.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    sorry trying to bump away a post accidently posted here