DLC Patch Notes - 2/26/08

edited April 2008 in Announcements
Hey everyone,

A few songs we have released for DLC have been patched. The patches are live already on the 360, and go live on PS3 on the 28th. Online play/leaderboards/ranking are not affected by this. To get the updated DLC songs you can re-download them (directions at bottom of post). You won't be punished for not downloading them again, however, as the fixes have no effect on gameplay.

The following songs have incorrect genre tags which cause them to be lost when sort by genre in-game:

Title/Launch Date

“Can’t Stand Losing You” 20-Nov

“Roxanne” 20-Nov

“Synchronicity II” 20-Nov

“Police Pack 01” 020-Nov

“Brass in Pocket” 18-Dec

Also there was a bug where the vocals wouldn’t turn off when the user put them the whole way down but this has been fixed now! -

“Limelight” 1-Jan

How to re-download-

Xbox 360

Navigate to the System Blade ( purple ), select memory, all devices, games, Rock Band, search for any of the listed songs (right trigger is a page down ), select the song with the A button, and then select Delete.

Now either re-download from marketplace, or from the download history.

PS3

The songs won't appear in the store if you've already downloaded them, so you will need to re-download them from your download list.

Comments

• sickshiftsickshift Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    GOLD5;349026 said:
    Hi there, I just deleted my tracks. Now when I look in the game store the tracks (Police pack) are no longer listed. The tracks are not listed in my download history, but other Rock Band songs are still there. The song Brass in my Pocket is still listed in the marketplace (I have not bought it), but the Police pack and all three single songs are not listed anywhere. This is extremely frustrating. I followed the advice about deleting the tracks because I read about it on Major Nelson's website. Now I will never do anything like this again for fear of deleting my precious tracks, so you'd probably better not make any mistakes on future downloads. PS, I am in Canada, so maybe the tracks are not on the system yet? Still they are not in the download history either..:mad:
    I have the exact same problem as you GOLD5. I am also in Canada so it might be an Xbox Live Canada issue...To anyone else in Canada, do not perform this update or you might lose your Police Pack.
  • MisterSchulzMisterSchulz Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Sweet

What about a patch for Fortunate Son, released in 1969, but tagged as a 70's song in Rock Band? (sorry... i'm just particular about giving the 60's it's credit)
  • bigellbigell Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Gold5 and sickshift, if they do not appear in the Rock Band game content, did you check your download history? Everything you have ever downloaded from songs to demos to themes will be there, and it will require a bit of scrolling, but hopefully you find the songs there.
    edited February 2008
    That_One_Dude;349065 said:
    You idiots haven't lost your pack, just go to your Download History and it's sitting right there.
    We idiots already checked in our Download History and the download isn't there anymore. It is also nowhere to be found on Xbox Live. Check the comments on the post Major Nelson did on this and you can find several more idiots that have the same problem we do.
    edited February 2008
    Bah...I'm midly annoyed about the loss of 5 bucks...I'm more annoyed at the fact that I'm missing 3 songs that I loved playing...but I'll get over it!
  • NightBirdDSNightBirdDS Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Same issue here, The Police Pack and the 3 individual songs don't shor up. Hopefully they'll be up soon. I'm also hoping that the download history entry shows up again once the tracks get re-added.
  • billmcdougalbillmcdougal Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I can't believe they didn't check to make sure that the songs were re-uploaded correctly or whatever before making an announcment telling everyone to do this.
  • admanimaladmanimal Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    That_One_Dude;349183 said:

It's also from the people who said they were going to have full albums but still haven't aquired the rights to do so in the game, yet. (You think they're sitting on two or more albums, you're completely bat**** crazy)

Huh? Where are you getting that totally bogus info from? MULTIPLE reports/interviews etc. have said that they are currently working on preparing the DLC (Who's Next in particular), which they could not do if they didn't have the rights.

Also, did a person from HARMONIX ever promise GH2 online, or was it someone from Red Octane and/or Activision????
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited February 2008
    Can you fix the Overdrive in Interstate Love Song Drums? One OD phrase is cut off by a drum fill.
  • GOLD5GOLD5 Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    That_One_Dude;349065 said:
    You idiots haven't lost your pack, just go to your Download History and it's sitting right there.
    Are you a tard? it says right in my post that I already tried that and they are not there. Learn to read, trollish monkey-jerk.
  • WeApOnWeApOn Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    What about the incorrect note chart for drums in Limelight? That would have been nice to fix.

..I ALWAYS have to stop myself from hitting that snare.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited February 2008
    Is it possible the missing songs were taken down from Live so they could fix the issue, and they haven't gotten the corrected content online?
  • Tal3nTal3n Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    The problem seemed to be with only Canadian Xbox Live accounts, The Canadian Marketplace lacked the songs well the Police pack. It supposedly has been corrected as per majornelson's blog.
  • T-HybridT-Hybrid Washed Up
    edited February 2008
    Tal3n;349607 said:
    The problem seemed to be with only Canadian Xbox Live accounts, The Canadian Marketplace lacked the songs well the Police pack. It supposedly has been corrected as per majornelson's blog.
    And before anybody jumps on him with "I'm not IN Canada!"...

I'm looking at XBLM right now. Police Pack 01 is right where it's always been, between Blackened and the QotSA Pack 01.

The individual songs are towards the bottom between Cherry Bomb and Little Sister. Remember, the songs are listed in Chronilogical order, not alphabetical.
  • AgamonAgamon Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I'm in Canada, worked fine for me.
  • IdentityFraudIdentityFraud Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    What time today did these go up? I just downloaded ALOT of songs for the first time earlier this afternoon. Do I have to go through that again or do I have the current ones?
  • MasulsaMasulsa Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I can hardly wait to re-download these songs for my PS3.

Any chance of fixing the voice lag problems though? Isn't that more important than fixing the tags?
  • PolankerPolanker Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    I think a patch for adding HYPERSPEED would have been more useful than this.
  • flamingtoiletflamingtoilet Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Masulsa;349776 said:
    Any chance of fixing the voice lag problems though? Isn't that more important than fixing the tags?
    Probably more important yes, but the tags is probably easier for them to fix. I'm sure the other will happen eventually.
  • SteefSteef Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Thanks for the patch - but I'm not gonna delete anything until I know there's no crazy bugs...
  • DestromasDestromas Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    sickshift;349075 said:
    We idiots already checked in our Download History and the download isn't there anymore. It is also nowhere to be found on Xbox Live. Check the comments on the post Major Nelson did on this and you can find several more idiots that have the same problem we do.
    You're not searching by new releases, right? You're actually going to the game tab in xlm?
  • MilkyMilky Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/02/26/rockband-dlc-update.aspx

"Edit: If you are in Canada and could not see this content it should now be available for re-download."

Enjoy!
  • NGWNGW Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Not quite the kind of patch I was expecting.....

Ah well.
  • MaximusDMMaximusDM Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    NGW;351568 said:
    Not quite the kind of patch I was expecting.....

Ah well.
    I completely agree.
  • fried_blowneyfried_blowney Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    Do I have to delete the game data utility for Rock Band PS3 and download all the songs I bought again or just re-download the songs listed above?
  • InsaneGameInsaneGame Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Wait...Where is the update that Fixed the Melee damage and the Commando shoulder unlock in the store?!

Actually im saying thanks becuase when I play an instrument i turn off all other sounds but the instrument im on.
  • Chris_GonzalezChris_Gonzalez Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    I take it they haven't fixed the ghost-overdrive bug in Interstate Love Song. :(
  • Alonzo1948Alonzo1948 Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    When I read the title I thought this was going to be the Guitar patch for the PS3, guess not :(. Its cool that your fixing theses problems though, just sucks you have to re download the songs.
  • MarkHawkMarkHawk Rising Star
    edited February 2008
    Alonzo1948;352180 said:
    When I read the title I thought this was going to be the Guitar patch for the PS3, guess not :(. Its cool that your fixing theses problems though, just sucks you have to re download the songs.
    Wouldn't be that bad if I turned on the system and said "Updates to your content, want us to fix it all for you?"

I did it and it wasn't terrible but anyone who doesn't visit online websites maybe unaware of these updates. There not critical but they are updates... to content we have paid for.
  • theViper79theViper79 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    sickshift;349095 said:
    Bah...I'm midly annoyed about the loss of 5 bucks...I'm more annoyed at the fact that I'm missing 3 songs that I loved playing...but I'll get over it!
    Cant you just re-download them

Ive done that before, when me and my friends were sick of getting owned by Metallica pack when it first came out I deleted them, then just re-downloaded them for FREE later
This discussion has been closed.