Arctic Monkeys DLC

TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
edited March 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
The Arctic Monkeys:
imageimage
The Arctic Monkeys are a 4-piece band from Sheffield England. They have released several chart-topping singles since 2005 such as "I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor", "Brainstorm", "When the Sun Goes Down", and "Fluorescent Adolescent". They have been extremely popular, right from the start. The band's debut album, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, holds the record for the largest first week sales of a debut album in the UK (in its first week, it sold more than the rest of the Top 20 albums combined).

Awards:
Best New Act - 2005 Muso Awards, November 2005
Best British Breakthrough Act - 2006 BRIT Awards, February 2006
Best New Band and Best British Band - 2006 NME Awards, February 2006
Best New International Artist - Oye Awards (Mexico), October 2006
People's Choice - Q Awards, October 2006
New Artist of the Year - PLUG Independent Music Awards (USA), February 2007
Best British Group - 2007 BRIT Awards, February 2007
Best Live Act - 2007 Vodafone Live Music Awards, September 2007
Best Act in the World Today - Q Awards October 2007
Best British Group - 2008 BRIT Awards
Best British Band - 2008 NME Awards

"I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor":
Best Track - 2006 NME Awards, February 2006
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not:
5th greatest British album - NME, January 2006
2006 Mercury Prize Album of the Year, September 2006
Best Album - Q Awards, October 2006
Album of the Year - NME, December 2006
Album of the Year - Crossbeat Magazine (Japan), December 2006
Album of the Year - Time, December 2006
Album of the Year - Hot Press (Ireland), December 2006
Album of the Year - Q
Best International Album - 2007 Meteor Music Awards (Ireland), February 2007
Best British Album - 2007 BRIT Awards, February 2007
Best Album - 2007 NME Awards, March 2007
Album Award - Ivor Novello Awards
Favourite Worst Nightmare:
Best British Album - 2008 BRIT Awards
"Fluorescent Adolescent":
Best Track - 2008 NME Awards

Why in Rock Band
They are a four piece band. Discounting the rhythm guitar, this means thier music is perfect for Rock Band. They have complicated and challenging drum parts, interesting guitar, and fun basslines. Similar to The Strokes and The Killers, both of which are already in Rock Band, the Arctic Monkeys would be an exciting, challenging, and fun addition to the game.

With Rock Band coming out in the UK, where the Arctic Monkeys are huge, they deserve to represented in Rock Band, whether with a single song, a 3-pack, or perhaps even a full album.

Comments

• ShadowrakShadowrak Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    When RB comes out in the UK, this band's songs would be great foreign addition.

Arctic Monkeys
    Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

A Certain Romance 5:31
    Dancing Shoes 2:21
    Fake Tales of San Francisco 2:58
    From The Ritz To The Rubble 3:13
    I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor 2:54
    Mardy Bum 2:55 (probably too slow/simple for rock band)
    Still Take You Home 2:54
    The View From The Afternoon 3:38
    You Probably Couldn't See For the Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me 2:11
    Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured 2:24
    Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But... 4:29 (nice guitar solo in here)
    When The Sun Goes Down 3:20

Every song on this alblum would make an extremely fun challege on rock band except

Mardy Bum which could just be omitted. Probably alot of 10 difficulties in this list

for all four instruments.
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    *This bump is dedicated to Fluorescend Adolescent*
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    i voted yes, and i would buy any dlc from them, but i'm not really a fan. i can't even really explain it, they just don't click with me the way say...Bloc Party does.

TakeABow, remember when i said i don't know why i love Bloc Party as much as i do, becuase i don't really like any bands that sound like them. arctic monkeys is one of those bands i was kindof implying.
    edited April 2008
    FatWilma;517002 said:
    i voted yes, and i would buy any dlc from them, but i'm not really a fan. i can't even really explain it, they just don't click with me the way say...Bloc Party does.

TakeABow, remember when i said i don't know why i love Bloc Party as much as i do, becuase i don't really like any bands that sound like them. arctic monkeys is one of those bands i was kindof implying.
    Bloc Party is more melodic and more textured than the Arctic Monkeys, and given your affinity for Pink Floyd and Radiohead, I think that explains it.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    haha, touche' my friend, touche'.
    edited April 2008
    *Bump for Brainstorm*
  • Jagbag2Jagbag2 Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    One and a half words: Brainstorm.
  • CronoRegenCronoRegen Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Dude, some Arctic Monkeys would be GREAT!
    edited April 2008
    CronoRegen;550692 said:
    Dude, some Arctic Monkeys would be GREAT!
    Damn right. Welcome to the forums.
  • Ghosted PoutsGhosted Pouts Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    View from the afternoon = awesome :D
  • screwtopscrewtop Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    Somehow I ended up with the Whatever You Say I Am... album on my iTunes library (seriously, I have no idea how). I'd never heard of Arctic Monkeys before, but after listening to the album a few (dozen) times in the last month, I'd love to have a few of their songs in Rock Band.
    edited April 2008
    screwtop;554691 said:
    Somehow I ended up with the Whatever You Say I Am... album on my iTunes library (seriously, I have no idea how). I'd never heard of Arctic Monkeys before, but after listening to the album a few (dozen) times in the last month, I'd love to have a few of their songs in Rock Band.
    If you liked thier debut album, check out "Favorite Worst Nightmare." It is quite good as well.
  • karmajackkarmajack Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    I'm all for this. Preferably "Dancefloor" if not more.
  • JefflerJeffler Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Both albums. In full. Make it so.
  • depthdefydepthdefy Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    If they came out with a 3-pack with Dancefloor, Brianstorm, and Certain Romance I would probably poop my pants. Well, I would more than likely do that anyways, but at least now there would be a reason for it. In all seriousness, they could easily put out a full album DLC for Whatever People Say. It's that solid.
    edited April 2008
    depthdefy;566269 said:
    If they came out with a 3-pack with Dancefloor, Brianstorm, and Certain Romance I would probably poop my pants. Well, I would more than likely do that anyways, but at least now there would be a reason for it. In all seriousness, they could easily put out a full album DLC for Whatever People Say. It's that solid.
    They could easily put out both of thier records. Both are top-notch quality.
  • riginalriginal Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    I voted " Who the **** are Arctic Monkeys" just for the novelty.

I think there are only a few songs in thier entire catalog that wouldn't be awesome in the game. It seems that no one in the States really knows who they are, but everyone I've exposed the music to loves them now.
  • SpandrelSpandrel Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    They are probably my most wanted band in this game. I would virtually take anything from them, but would really love a 3-pack of "Fluorescent Adolescent" and "Fake Tales of San Francisco", and "View From The Afternoon". The drums alone in "View From The Afternoon" would be worth the cost of the DLC.
  • scientistscientist Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    What the F*** are they waiting to release something? That's the question.
  • gaz9191gaz9191 Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    "Leave before the lights come on" is a track that they released in between both albums and it is awasome!
    edited May 2008
    Spandrel;599938 said:
    They are probably my most wanted band in this game. I would virtually take anything from them, but would really love a 3-pack of "Fluorescent Adolescent" and "Fake Tales of San Francisco", and "View From The Afternoon". The drums alone in "View From The Afternoon" would be worth the cost of the DLC.
    I agree with that. I would gladly pay quite a bit to have Arctic Monkeys as DLC.
  • chhristianchhristian Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    I saw them in Hollywood last september, best live performance I have ever seen. Anyway I would probably want in a 3-pack:
    A Certain Romance - Classic, Great song for all 4 parts
    Still Take You Home - Fast, Fun
    Brianstorm - (DRUMS!!!!) tied with If You Were There Beware.

Mardy Bum, Fluorescent, and Scummy (When the Sun goes down) are also great, but maybe too "easy" for rockband?
    edited May 2008
    chhristian;602114 said:
    I saw them in Hollywood last september, best live performance I have ever seen. Anyway I would probably want in a 3-pack:
    A Certain Romance - Classic, Great song for all 4 parts
    Still Take You Home - Fast, Fun
    Brianstorm - (DRUMS!!!!) tied with If You Were There Beware.

Mardy Bum, Fluorescent, and Scummy (When the Sun goes down) are also great, but maybe too "easy" for rockband?
    Nothing is too easy. They gave us El Scorcho, didn't they?
    edited May 2008
    lol yea, wtf I mean Weezer is cool and all to listen to, but Say it Ain't so was enough to actually play on rock band
    edited May 2008
    chhristian;602229 said:
    lol yea, wtf I mean Weezer is cool and all to listen to, but Say it Ain't so was enough to actually play on rock band
    I wouldn't mind seeing My Name is Jonas still. Sad that GH3 has that song.

Oh well. I really want to see Fluorescent Adolescent in Rock Band.
    edited May 2008
    yea, well i doubt they will.. unless the come out with some British modern rock pack (NOT OASIS)
    edited May 2008
    chhristian;602348 said:
    yea, well i doubt they will.. unless the come out with some British modern rock pack (NOT OASIS)
    Well, once the game comes out in the UK, would releaseing modern British Rock seem like a good idea?

Seems like solid buisness thinking to me.
  • devilZukindevilZukin Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    heck yeah! the monkeys have such amazing energy. i'll buy all three full albums in dlc. PLEASE!
    edited May 2008
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm glad to see your first post in support of such an amazing band.

Arctic Monkeys DLC would sell like wildfire in the UK, and probably pretty well in the US.
  • chewyxchewyx Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    signed up especially to say I would LOVE to see some arctic monkeys in rock band
    Harmonix please please please make it happen!!!