Should Rise Against be in Rockband

Comments

• Crooked CarrotCrooked Carrot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    samsono;366013 said:
    Yeah I do agree that AFI somehow fell apart (new album is weak), but I don't think having a song in a rhythm game has anything to do with that. Total Immortal and Torches would both be great songs to play in my opinion
    The new album of AFI is actually really good. As is every album by AFI. Every album of there's is a different genre then the last. Decemberunderground was rock/ alternative rock. I'm kind of tired of hearing that they "sold out". No, they did what they do with every new album: re-invent themselves. It's not their fault that their mainstream, but they didn't change their style of music to become famous or gain popularity; therefor they are not sell outs. They're a good band, and people need to stop using them as an example of a bad band.

PS. Rise Against would be fine in Rock Band. But it would have to be some of their more mainstream songs cause it would be very difficult for the vocalists if it was all screaming.
  • WandninjaWandninja Banned
    edited March 2008
    Crooked Carrot;406755 said:
    The new album of AFI is actually really good. As is every album by AFI. Every album of there's is a different genre then the last. Decemberunderground was rock/ alternative rock. I'm kind of tired of hearing that they "sold out". No, they did what they do with every new album: re-invent themselves. It's not their fault that their mainstream, but they didn't change their style of music to become famous or gain popularity; therefor they are not sell outs. They're a good band, and people need to stop using them as an example of a bad band.

Do any of you guys see in the Topic Title.. Is AFI a bad band or not???

NO Didnt think so!! THis topic is about Rise Against!!! And Rise Against ONLY!!

Haha im jk man but yea i am serious.... (IF that made any sense)

And drand my man.. :P Brandon is an excellent drummer but most of us aren't (Foot Pedal) like me sorta :), So what we need is another foot pedal =]..

Btw iuno who said it about the screaming part. But HAHA we need thoughs parts in for like party's when everyone is drunk, it would be so damn FUNNY!!! haha

\=\/=/ out
  • Crooked CarrotCrooked Carrot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I didn't start the AFI off-topic discussion. The second post on this forum did. Still, it's REALLY difficult to match pitch on screams and I don't see myself buying a song just so that I can get drunk and THEN have fun playing it.
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    some Rise Against have no screaming, some have some, some have a lot, some are all screaming (like State of the union)
    it could easily be a song with none or minimal screaming. its been done, it would be done as talky vocals. Tim has an amazing scream anyways, I wouldn't even try to sound like him!
    edited March 2008
    Crooked Carrot;410374 said:
    I didn't start the AFI off-topic discussion. The second post on this forum did. Still, it's REALLY difficult to match pitch on screams and I don't see myself buying a song just so that I can get drunk and THEN have fun playing it.
    Yes but you are continuing it. and so what if it is?? and WTF are you talking about!? Liek seriously the rise against songs would be fun no matter what! But it would be funny if someone was drunk and screaming :P Eh drand?? haha
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Wandninja;411245 said:
    Yes but you are continuing it. and so what if it is?? and WTF are you talking about!? Liek seriously the rise against songs would be fun no matter what! But it would be funny if someone was drunk and screaming :P Eh drand?? haha
    haha it would be more fun then getting drunk and screaming both 30stm songs since Tim is a better screamer
    edited March 2008
    Haha agreed! I hope they do put some if not most of there songs on rockband! Because if they did im sure they would see profits go up!! :) there such a good band haha
  • WhiteHotWhiteHot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    ^ See profits go up? Man the whole time this thread has been alive only 90 have cared enough about this band to come in here and vote. So I seriously doubt their profits would go up.

See now the boston pack, that'll make their profits go up for sure.
  • EliteAssass1nEliteAssass1n Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    please give us some Rise Against!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rockbanditrockbandit Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Rise Against is good enough for me that I will make an account and vote for rise against in rock band. ARGGHHHHHH:mad: I want to bang drums and scream songs of rise against.
    edited March 2008
    WhiteHot;418087 said:
    ^ See profits go up? Man the whole time this thread has been alive only 90 have cared enough about this band to come in here and vote. So I seriously doubt their profits would go up.

See now the boston pack, that'll make their profits go up for sure.

Not everyone goes on the forums.. Not every goes on the forums and makes an account. Most people say screw the forums i just wanna play Rock Band.....
  • T-RavT-Rav Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Dancing For Rain
    The Good Left Undone
    Give it All

I'd love to see those songs in a DLC pack
  • MattykrivsMattykrivs Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    YESSSS Rise Against is AMAZING! And they are still a punk rock band. They would be great in rock band because all the instruments are awesome and the vocals are just untouchable. YES to Rise Against.
    edited March 2008
    Hey you guys thnx for all these posts and yes MattyKrivs the instruments are fantastic and the vocals are untouchable :P But yet agains thnx for all the Yes's we have so far. They will help Harmonix pick there decission better if a Rise Against DLC Pack be available for all our Rise Against/Rockband fans out there.. GO RISE AGAINST GO ROCK BAND!!!!....

\=\/=/ out
  • JelloGelatinJelloGelatin Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I like them, Behind Closed Doors would be one of my top picks
  • darkangeldarkangel Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    not the greatest band in history, but they have a few songs I think are cool enough to get into. I'd buy Rise Against DLC
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I want to see either

Rise Against 3 pack
    prayer of the refugee or behind close doors or ready to fall - dancing for rain or life less frightening - like the angel or... idk heaven knows, halfway there, blood red white and blue, basically anything

or a modern punk pack
    Rise against
    Bad religion
    *your choice here (against me, social distortion, billy talent, alkaline trio, hot water music... list could go on but you get the picture)
  • MarkHawkMarkHawk Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    mumotuma_man;366313 said:
    i'd buy every song they have.

twice.
    same

Would really love to see the whole sufferer and witness album.
  • RiseAgainst17RiseAgainst17 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    JelloGelatin;431978 said:
    I like them, Behind Closed Doors would be one of my top picks
    Completely agree Jello, I love Behind Closed Doors ... then again, I could say that about every Rise Against song lol!

We really do need some modern punk in Rock Band and what better band could represent that than the one and only Rise Against.

If I saw some Rise Against DLC, I would literally buy every song of theirs, no matter the cost!

Its really simple, I'm a Rise Against fanatic (look at my username lol)
    edited March 2008

Sorry if this was too much, but I just felt the urge to put this in here. It might get some more people fired up to get Rise Against in RB. Sorry again if this was uncalled for... but I probably would have done it anyways lol
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I love that picture (the one above mine, I'm not going to quote it, its big enough :p)

I especially love the one with Tim standing with 1 fist in the air in front of a sea of thousands of fans. I love bands that have no problem playing in front of a couple thousand on a tour, and then doing another tour playing small venues in front of a couple hundred. smaller venues are always better.
    edited March 2008
    agreed. With the smaller venues, the main band will play for much longer than they would if it were a larger venue.
  • brando20brando20 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Rumors of My Demise Have Benn Greatly Exaggerated that song is AMAZING!
  • an1m051tyan1m051ty Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I hope they do eventually. I don't think they are "epic" enough to warrant a full album dlc but a song pack for sure. Prayer of the Refugee, Injection, and Ready to Fall would be my choices.
  • mumotuma_manmumotuma_man Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    it'd be my favorite DLC, without a doubt.
    id buy songs at 5 bucks a piece, not even joking (obviously that would deter too many people but u get my point)
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    brando20;441392 said:
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Rumors of My Demise Have Benn Greatly Exaggerated that song is AMAZING!
    I know I love that song! I was sad it was my only favorite of theirs (I have probably 20 lol) that they didn't play last time I saw them live.
  • MattyJamesMattyJames Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    mumotuma_man;442021 said:
    it'd be my favorite DLC, without a doubt.
    id buy songs at 5 bucks a piece, not even joking (obviously that would deter too many people but u get my point)

For sure. As much as I love RockBand and play it often, Honestly, I have never been STOKED about any of the songs in the game. I like a lot of them and would never bash others for their own musical tastes but.....I'm sure you all here know what I mean......

I would take ANY Rise Against song. Great song writers and Incredible live band (Especially at the smaller venues)
  • IconIcon Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    No more emo bands in Rock Band. This is ridiculous.
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Icon;447347 said:
    No more emo bands in Rock Band. This is ridiculous.
    please don't fall into the pit of ignorant music listeners. rise against is as punk as they come. they're not emo. they're nothing close to emo. I'd like to quote some lyrics for the song Survive, basically an anti emo song.

Life for you's been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We’ve all been sorry, we’ve all been hurt
    But how we survive is what makes us who we are

The music video for the song Prayer of the Refugee shows them trashing a large corporate store, they don't show the name of it, but I'm sure you can figure it out. the song's roughly about how those types of stores are ruining the economy. Ready to fall - how we're destroying our environment. (for those interested - google peta2 and ready to fall, Rise against made another version of the music video they couldn't air on tv) the song State of the Union? how much they hate our goverment and its leader. blood red white and blue? you can guess that one. get the picture? Political lyrics, like other punk bands before them.

get it? good :rolleyes:
  • FamousLastXFamousLastX Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Rise Against is emo? You need to learn what you're talking about. They are FAR from emo.