Should Rise Against be in Rockband

WandninjaWandninja Banned
edited February 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Just like the title says, Should Rise Against (Band) be in Rockband!?!?!

Comments

• JCVJCV Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Hell yes.

I'd love some of their songs on Rock Band.
  • MattyJamesMattyJames Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Rise Against is sick. I would DL any song they had in the game.

Alas, They will never be because (Same reason why no good modern group will ever be in the game) They aren't played on your local classic rock radio station 98653653 times a day.

Maybe after they've run out of Seether/breaking benjermin/creed/3 doors down/nickelback type of songs they may resort to it but don't hold your breath.
  • simmiassimmias Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Everything after Revolutions Per Minute is absolute garbage. I haven't seen them live since that album, so I'm not sure if they're still fun live, although I'm sure they are. What they play these days is not what I would call punk. I'd rather have old Bad Religion or something instead.

Of course, anything from the Unraveling or RpM would be awesome (Blood- Red, White & Blue anybody?), so I voted "Hell yeah" to this poll.
  • MattyJamesMattyJames Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    simmias;369260 said:
    Everything after Revolutions Per Minute is absolute garbage. I haven't seen them live since that album, so I'm not sure if they're still fun live, although I'm sure they are. What they play these days is not what I would call punk.
    No one asked if "Rise Against is still considered punk". The question was do they belong in RockBand......That idealogy kind of goes along the line of "If it isnt underground and if more than 50 people have heard it, they are sellouts and its garbage" That is bunk thinking IMO. Rise Against puts out great record after great record no matter how commercial or vegan they get....haha

I love the classics and have been going to ALL types of shows(Not just punk) for 20+ years. Rise against are phenomenal live. They are just one of those bands that kill it night in and night out no matter what. Its all they know how to do. Kind of like The Bouncing Souls or Face To Face live. They MAKE you a believer from the first note. Last time I saw RA was with Comeback Kid a couple of years ago and they were as good(Or better) than the first time I saw them with Snapcase in 02'
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Rise Against is good enough to get an official thread instead of a dozen small threads ;)
  • WandninjaWandninja Banned
    edited March 2008
    Thankyou guys if we get enough votes for wanting Rise Against into RockBand it will eventually be in rockband!!!!!!
  • DJSephDJSeph Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    i only like preyer of refugee.. i dont like the other songs!
    edited March 2008
    DJSeph;373920 said:
    i only like preyer of refugee.. i dont like the other songs!
    :eek::(

Yo man what are you talking about!!!

What about

Black Masks and Gasoline
    The Good Left Undone
    Broken English
    To The Core
    Like The Angel
    Give It All
    Paper Wings
    Life Less Frightening
    Blood To Bleed
    State Of The Union
    Injection
    Ready To Fall
    Survive
    Chamber The Cartridge
    Bricks
    Under The Knife
    Drones
    Worth Dying For
    Behind Closed Doors
    1000 Good Intentions
    Fix Me
    Alive And Well
    Anywhere But Here
    Obstructed View
    Nerverous Brakdown
    Swing Life Away

Liek Cmon man.. THOSE ARE All AWESOME!! Haha Expecially The Good Left Undone! Thats such a great song by them..!! :D:p
  • UnknownsageUnknownsage Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Wandninja;390501 said:
    :eek::(

Yo man what are you talking about!!!

What about

Black Masks and Gasoline
    The Good Left Undone
    Broken English
    To The Core
    Like The Angel
    Give It All
    Paper Wings
    Life Less Frightening
    Blood To Bleed
    State Of The Union
    Injection
    Ready To Fall
    Survive
    Chamber The Cartridge
    Bricks
    Under The Knife
    Drones
    Worth Dying For
    Behind Closed Doors
    1000 Good Intentions
    Fix Me
    Alive And Well
    Anywhere But Here
    Obstructed View
    Nerverous Brakdown
    Swing Life Away

Liek Cmon man.. THOSE ARE All AWESOME!! Haha Expecially The Good Left Undone! Thats such a great song by them..!! :D:p
    Dude, you forgot "Heaven Knows", aka their first music video.

Like I said before. Rise Against are one of the most influential punk band of this generation. The put their heart in every thing they do to make it purposely rockable.

Btw.If they did have Rise Against DLC it would be neat if the concerts had a vegan theme of sorts.
    edited March 2008
    Unknownsage;390519 said:
    Dude, you forgot "Heaven Knows", aka their first music video.

Like I said before. Rise Against are one of the most influential punk band of this generation. The put their heart in every thing they do to make it purposely rockable.

Btw.If they did have Rise Against DLC it would be neat if the concerts had a vegan theme of sorts.
    Hey i was only naming a few of there songs :P well ALOT of them and i agree, what they say in there songs are true, and it would be awesome to have them in RB so there msg can be heard! Expecially State of the Union.. If you went to there concert you would know lol! (aint going to say what they said beacause, its about somone VERY VERY Important.. if you want to know what they said. Go to Youtube.com and search up State Of The Union Rise Against, look for the concert thats outside :) BTW its Funny)

\=\/=/ out
    edited March 2008
    so what does Harmonix think?? Should we have Rise Against Pack for DLC soon, or should we just let it wait for awhile??? Up to you guys at Harmonix if you want this in but i think if Rise Against was put into Rock Band, you would see an huge increase in your profits, :) Well thats my theory.. Whats your guys theories???
  • SpekkioSpekkio Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Dancing for Rain IMO.

They would definitely be a welcome addition.
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    reasons Rise Against should be in rock band (please free feel to add your own)

1) one of the best punk bands out now
    2) talented across all instruments
    3) hardcore punk is a nice niche genre to hit - here's the best band in it
    4) Tim McIlrath has an incredible range to his voice - signing or screaming
    5) guitar would be a work out with some songs having pretty decent solos (like the angel anyone?)
    6) very meaningful lyrics
    7) there needs to be true punk from decades not the 70's or 80's!

add some more if you wish :)
    edited March 2008
    OMFG!!! YOU FORGOT ABOUT Drums haha there would be some workout to :D Drand.. Lol Drums are the best :) in RB... Drums FTW!!
  • kuruptboi8kuruptboi8 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Broken English
    Halfway There
    Voices Off Camera
    Like The Angel
    Give It All
    Paper Wings
    State of the Union
    Life Less Frightening
    Blood To Bleed
    Dancing For Rain
    Six Ways 'Til Sunday
    1000 Good Intentions

any one of them goddamn songs
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I was discussing it with a friend -- and as much I enjoy all stages of Rise Against -- I have to say that The Suferrer & The Witness, from start to finish, would make for incredible full-album DLC. Though I'd settle for just a 03-pack from any of Rise's work, truth be told.
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    if they released a full Rise Against album my head might explode and I might not leave the house anymore.... but lets take this one at a time. 1 song definitely. they're good enough for a song pack.

haha Wandninja I did forget drums. Brandon is a great drummer, I'd love to see where it ranks with the current song list. would be a great workout
  • TralcaveTralcave Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    How about.. A Rise Against Rock Band, only with Rise Against songs!? :D Just kidding.. I love Rise Against. If they announced any Rise Against songs I would run home from school and download it . Rise against ftw :D
  • CM_DrunkCM_Drunk Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I have to agree, I think RA would be great for the game. As long as we get stuff off of RpM or The new cd before Songs of the Counter Culture or whatever that cd was. I dont care what people want to say about artistic control or what not, that cd didnt even sound like RA, it sounded like they were forced to try and get slower and heavier.
  • WhiteHotWhiteHot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I first saw them at Warped tour and they owned. Then I got Sufferer and the Witness and that was awesome too. But I think 'Paper Wings' should be there just for a REAL challenge to the drummers (talking about the bass pedal). I'm not familiar with all their songs so whatever you guys pick I'd be down for. But that first (second?) post really made me realize what this could do to them haha.
  • spezza44spezza44 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    Hell yeah !! I love you for making this survey, I realy love this band this is the best band ever and it would be great to play their with friends. All of their song are awesome can't get enough of Rise Against
    edited March 2008
    spezza44;401524 said:
    Hell yeah !! I love you for making this survey,
    Haha no problem man anytime, and hopefully they do get some if not most of there songs on RB i would be in heaven :D
    edited March 2008
    WhiteHot;400868 said:
    I first saw them at Warped tour and they owned. Then I got Sufferer and the Witness and that was awesome too. But I think 'Paper Wings' should be there just for a REAL challenge to the drummers (talking about the bass pedal). I'm not familiar with all their songs so whatever you guys pick I'd be down for. But that first (second?) post really made me realize what this could do to them haha.
    Sorry for double posting but i didt see this post till now :P

But yea if they did add in that song Harmonix would DEFINITELY need to make a new drum set to include 2 drum pedals. (Some drummers do have this) So i beleive that it would be a great touch for some of those songs that have like a pedal not than another .1 secodns after that :P (You drummers know what i mean). Also i know this has nothing to do with this topic and that this should go into the technical support but im just to lazy to go there :D But while i was playing RB with the drums, i got a star power thingy and well the part were you just hit what ever you want showed under the notes. And after it never showed again?? It was really weird, so i said it was a 1 time thing glitch. but it keeps happening to me. So if theres a way for you guys to fix it please do :P (Yes i know its not to be in here but im just to damn LAZY Lol)

\=\/=/ out
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    hey Wandninja, Brandon uses 1 bass pedal, actually I can't think of any punk drummers that use a double pedal. I bet it would be one of the tougher bands to play on drums though
  • xxkomxxxxkomxx Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    if we put in rise against, we need to remake the drums to actually look like a real electric drum pad.
    we would also need a double kick which is wat most people would need to hit the 16th notes rise against gets to
    i say yes but with a much better rock band 2 with a real drumpad for hardcore real drummers like me
    =]
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    I don't understand why so many people keep asking for a drum set with another bass pedal. I mean more bands use a keyboardist, and its not like you can't just get another bass pedal and a mini plug splitter and do it yourself now
  • Crooked CarrotCrooked Carrot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    samsono;366013 said:
    Yeah I do agree that AFI somehow fell apart (new album is weak), but I don't think having a song in a rhythm game has anything to do with that. Total Immortal and Torches would both be great songs to play in my opinion
    The new album of AFI is actually really good. As is every album by AFI. Every album of there's is a different genre then the last. Decemberunderground was rock/ alternative rock. I'm kind of tired of hearing that they "sold out". No, they did what they do with every new album: re-invent themselves. It's not their fault that their mainstream, but they didn't change their style of music to become famous or gain popularity; therefor they are not sell outs. They're a good band, and people need to stop using them as an example of a bad band.

PS. Rise Against would be fine in Rock Band. But it would have to be some of their more mainstream songs cause it would be very difficult for the vocalists if it was all screaming.
    edited March 2008
    Crooked Carrot;406755 said:
    The new album of AFI is actually really good. As is every album by AFI. Every album of there's is a different genre then the last. Decemberunderground was rock/ alternative rock. I'm kind of tired of hearing that they "sold out". No, they did what they do with every new album: re-invent themselves. It's not their fault that their mainstream, but they didn't change their style of music to become famous or gain popularity; therefor they are not sell outs. They're a good band, and people need to stop using them as an example of a bad band.

Do any of you guys see in the Topic Title.. Is AFI a bad band or not???

NO Didnt think so!! THis topic is about Rise Against!!! And Rise Against ONLY!!

Haha im jk man but yea i am serious.... (IF that made any sense)

And drand my man.. :P Brandon is an excellent drummer but most of us aren't (Foot Pedal) like me sorta :), So what we need is another foot pedal =]..

Btw iuno who said it about the screaming part. But HAHA we need thoughs parts in for like party's when everyone is drunk, it would be so damn FUNNY!!! haha

\=\/=/ out
  • Crooked CarrotCrooked Carrot Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    I didn't start the AFI off-topic discussion. The second post on this forum did. Still, it's REALLY difficult to match pitch on screams and I don't see myself buying a song just so that I can get drunk and THEN have fun playing it.
  • dranddrand Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    some Rise Against have no screaming, some have some, some have a lot, some are all screaming (like State of the union)
    it could easily be a song with none or minimal screaming. its been done, it would be done as talky vocals. Tim has an amazing scream anyways, I wouldn't even try to sound like him!