Official, We want Radiohead's OK Computer, especially because of Paranoid Android!!!

ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
edited July 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
[CENTER]
The Official
RADIOHEAD
OK COMPUTER full album DLC
Request Thread
* kept alive by dedicated fans since August 2007
[/CENTER]

UPDATE 23th December 2010: OK Computer Named Best Album of the Past 25 Years by readers of Q Magazine, yay!
If you support the idea of having OK Computer as full album in the game, change your Avatar to the OKC Album Cover and show HMX how much you want it! Here is the link to the picture: http://1.music.bigpond-images.com/images/AlbumCoverArt/264/XXL/Ok-Computer2.jpg

People who already changed their Avatar to OK Computer: (Thanks!)
Coldplayer
woofmix
neckermanncj
sleeepykid
Riftoff
Bubblegum
TakeABow
Sveppi
overcookedbacon
Die-Guitar-Hero
Bub
reckoner
jinx405
Tripod /|\
RedBaron45
Dante1847
berga52
MagicalNathan
syndrome112
jon4coldplay
Griffdude13
- I was asked to post some of the awards this album has gotten, so I will quote a post by TakeABow -
I won't post the full list of Radiohead's awards - There is a character limit to these posts, so here are the ones that pertain to OK Computer:
In 2001, OK Computer was ranked the #1 Album in the last 15 years by Q magazine.
A Reader's Poll for Q also placed OK Computer as #1 on the list for best Album of all time in 1998, 2006, and #2 in 2003
As of 2007, it has been certified triple platinum in the UK and double platinum in the US.
1998, it was nominated for a Grammy Award as Album of the Year, and won for Best Alternative Music Album.
Here is a list of rankings of OK Computer from a wide variety or sources, many of which rank the record quite highly.
It was on the shortlist for the 1997 Mercury Music Prize.
In 2001, Q Magazine placed it at number 1 in a list of the Top 100 albums of all time.
In 2003, NME named it the 16th greatest album of all time.
In 2003, Pitchfork Media placed it at number 1 in a list of Top 100 Albums of the 1990s.
In 2003, the album was ranked number 162 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
In 2005, it was selected by Spin Magazine as the number one album of the past 20 years.
In 2006, it was chosen by TIME Magazine as one of the 100 best albums of all time.
People would not be upset about Radiohead as DLC, and there is no doubt whatsoever that OK Computer would be recieved well. It is by no means Elevator Music - It is Alternative Rock, very high quality, well liked, and would be an excellent addition to Rock Band.
Okay, we all know that Creep is in the game. That's a nice song, and better than no Radiohead.

But just take a look in all that Radiohead Threads, almost everyone suggested one of the best songs ever written, Paranoid Android.

That's why I want your votes to get Radiohead's album OK Computer because this album does not only include Paranoid Android, but awesome songs like Karma Police, No Surprises, Electioneering, Airbag, Let Down, Lucky, Climbing Up The Walls or The Tourist!! Actually everything is just awesome on this album, and this album is a milestone in Rock History, it's one of the best albums ever written.
It would feel so great to play the whole album from beginning to end.

Help me to persuade HARMONIX that this album is NEEDED in the game!

And please don't vote "no" if you don't know Radiohead or their songs, just don't vote in this case. (or vote for yes :p )

Listen to the album here:

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/15873393419

Or check out those Youtube videos:

Airbag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8__vHs3xcR4

Paranoid Android
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8asQsfn82E

Subterranean Homesick Alien
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NH6k6JPZyY

Exit Music (For A Film)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaaZ1IwH1g&feature=related

Let Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzsX6UKoCDU

Karma Police
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeLAELIxKY

(Fitter Happier)
Since this is more a poem than a song, HMX would of course have to exclude this:
(though they could display the Fitter Happier lyrics everytime a OKC song loads maybe?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EoukRWQ-ec

Electioneering
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnq7_BX4No8

Climbing Up The Walls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgDPkqiXrjc

No Surprises
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsyXdj_p_I

Lucky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bZOT60K-8

The Tourist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8KwUzydB1w

Comments

• ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2007
    sushi111;45157 said:
    Did you ever think that maybe Radiohead would only let them use Creep?

I highly doubt it, but its possible. Then again that song has been used in an anime show.
    That would not make sense. And yeah, Paranoid Android was the outro of the Anime ERGO PROXY (awesome Anime btw), and Radiohead actually took a look at the Anime before they allowed the song to be used.

Anyway, if they like the game and allow them to use Creep, they probably will allow them to use Paranoid Android too.
    Of course, could be that they don't want too many songs to be used, so maybe we won't get the whole album.
    At least, it has to be Paranoid Android.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I actually only recently started listening to Radiohead/OK Computer and I have to say it is a very good album and I wouldn't mind it being DLC at all, it would be really cool. I especially like the song Electioneering.
  • the_polite_forcethe_polite_force Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    sushi111;45194 said:
    Yeah but you are promised tons of better Metallica songs via DLC.

We arent:(
    i like ur new avy arrested development ~*~rulez~*~<3
  • edited August 2007
    the_polite_force;45329 said:
    i like ur new avy arrested development ~*~rulez~*~<3</div>
    Thanks much!:D
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner
    edited August 2007
    sushi111;45194 said:
    Yeah but you are promised tons of better Metallica songs via DLC.

We arent:(
    Yet.

And I have to put up with a 70s setlist that doesn't have both Boston and Kansas! and probably neither ;_;
  • DesensitizedDesensitized Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    First two Boston albums FTW. I don't care for the rest of their stuff.

I actually want 'The Bends' more than 'OK Computer'.
  • edgelessedgeless Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    i have the album but the song aint that good but ill vote yes cause it adds vatity to it
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I like the votings so far!! Thank you all! :)
  • edited August 2007
    edgeless;45733 said:
    i have the album but the song aint that good but ill vote yes cause it adds vatity to it
    Yeah PA isnt that good...

Its that mindblowingly amazing!:eek:
    edited August 2007
    sushi111;45958 said:
    Yeah PA isnt that good...

Its that mindblowingly amazing!:eek:
    Exactly.

(Keeping this thread alive. :D )
  • teflon067teflon067 Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    More people need to vote here.
    edited September 2007
    teflon067;52983 said:
    More people need to vote here.
    Hehe, yeah. Although I think the votes are already very convincing by now, but the more the better.

I actually edited my first post because I thought about it. Actually, I really want the whole album, not only Paranoid Android. I just love Let Down, Karma Police and No Surprises too. Ok Computer would be so fukkin awesome.

I mean, yeah, Paranoid Android alone is better than no Radiohead DLC, but still, please HMX, give us Ok Computer.
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    pretty sure i voted as the polite force, but didn't under this name so i voted yes. radiohead pwn and its too bad kid a is mostly electronic cuz that album is 10000000000000000000 times better than the rest of radiohead's amazing career put together
    edited September 2007
    battle_axe_of_doom;52997 said:
    pretty sure i voted as the polite force, but didn't under this name so i voted yes. radiohead pwn and its too bad kid a is mostly electronic cuz that album is 10000000000000000000 times better than the rest of radiohead's amazing career put together
    Wait, you're also polite force? Why do you have two accounts? :confused:
  • battle_axe_of_doombattle_axe_of_doom Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    i was banned under baod and i couldn't wait to post on this oh so precious forum. not going to use t_p_f so mods or admins can delete it or teach me how to delete my own account, unless i get banned again :\

quite a common thing to do when someone gets banned in my experience though
  • edited September 2007
    I made this on Score Hero:

Teir 1: Pablo, Honey, These Songs are too easy

I might Be Wrong
    Anyone Can Play Guitar
    High And Dry
    Karma Police
    ENCORE: Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Teir 2: Fake Plastic Guitars

Wolf at the Door
    Nice Dream
    Where I End and You Begin
    Knives Out
    BOSS BATTLE - HYPNO BEAR (random sound effects galore)
    ENCORE JAM: Optomistic

Teir 3: Hail to the Shred

Let Down
    The Tourist
    Creep
    Climbing Up the Walls
    ENCORE: No Suprises

Teir 4: Eh, Kid, These Songs Are Pretty Tough

Bones
    Planet Telex
    There There
    ENCORE: Airbag

Teir 5: My Wrist's Got the Bends

You
    Lucky
    Killer Cars
    Myxomatosis
    ENCORE: My Iron Lung

Teir 6: OK Computer, My Fingers Cant Take No More

Go to Sleep
    Electioneering
    Just
    The Bends
    BOSS BATTLE - JOHNNY GREENWOOD

Final Encore: Paranoid Android

Whos with me?
  • OstrizosoOstrizoso Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    I love Radiohead and while I think Pablo Honey is their weakest album, Creep is one of my favorite songs so I am going to have to disagree with you.
  • Axel32Axel32 Opening Act
    edited September 2007
    I didn't like the song at all myself. I thought it was long, dragged out, and was pointless. The song and music video made no sense.. All I saw in the Music video really was breasts and fat people.. Not my tasts in music I guess.

I think this song should come out on DLC, so those who like the song can play it. Otherwise I REALLY hope it is a bonus song in the game.
    edited September 2007
    sushi111;53080 said:
    I made this on Score Hero:

Teir 1: Pablo, Honey, These Songs are too easy

I might Be Wrong
    Anyone Can Play Guitar
    High And Dry
    Karma Police
    ENCORE: Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Teir 2: Fake Plastic Guitars

Wolf at the Door
    Nice Dream
    Where I End and You Begin
    Knives Out
    BOSS BATTLE - HYPNO BEAR (random sound effects galore)
    ENCORE JAM: Optomistic

Teir 3: Hail to the Shred

Let Down
    The Tourist
    Creep
    Climbing Up the Walls
    ENCORE: No Suprises

Teir 4: Eh, Kid, These Songs Are Pretty Tough

Bones
    Planet Telex
    There There
    ENCORE: Airbag

Teir 5: My Wrist's Got the Bends

You
    Lucky
    Killer Cars
    Myxomatosis
    ENCORE: My Iron Lung

Teir 6: OK Computer, My Fingers Cant Take No More

Go to Sleep
    Electioneering
    Just
    The Bends
    BOSS BATTLE - JOHNNY GREENWOOD

Final Encore: Paranoid Android

Whos with me?
    I only miss No Surprises. That's such a lovely song.

EDIT: LOL, found it! Sorry! HEHE, awesome list.
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    thats pretty cool sushi, great setlist! if that were real, i'd buy 2...
  • sheehanm2sheehanm2 Unsigned
    edited September 2007
    soo agree paranoid android needs too be there but a fulla lbum download would be best for ok computer but dont 4get the gr8 song just
    edited September 2007
    Just is okay, but I really like the songs on Ok Computer the most.
    edited November 2007
    After seeing the OXM announcement of Radiohead's "Iron Lung" for DLC, I thought I had to dig this thread out again.

I mean, Iron lung is a good song, but I was already shocked that Paranoid Android isn't on the disc, now there we have the first Radiohead DLC and it's still not Paranoid Android. :(

I mean, I really hope we'll get Ok Computer one day, HMX must know by now that we want that album and especially Paranoid Android the most. (Although I love almost all the songs on this album as much as PA)

So, I hope they just didn't release/announce Paranoid Android yet because they will release the whole Ok Computer album.

The real sad thing is, that after the announcement of nearly 60 downloadable songs the wait for Ok Computer will be looooooooooong. Really looooooooong. If they even release it at all. Who knows.

:(
  • TheFatBlokeTheFatBloke Opening Act
    edited November 2007
    OK Computer would be great. I would pay for it, especially for Paranoid Android which you have said about 50 times..:p
    edited November 2007
    TheFatBloke;105970 said:
    OK Computer would be great. I would pay for it, especially for Paranoid Android which you have said about 50 times..:p
    lol, yah, I kinda like that song. I mean, it's epic. It's the one song you have to include if you include Radiohead... that's what shocked me already.

But actually, I love Karma Police, Airbag, Let Down and No Surprises just as much as Paranoid Android!! And they are all on the same album!! :eek:
  • edited November 2007
    Theres only one thing we can do for this to happen: Buy My Iron Lung.

Supply and Demand people!

But Im so happy we actually get a Radiohead song as DLC as it is. Man what a great song. I agree I was a bit dissapointed with the choice, but My Iron Lung is one of those songs you just want to play in RB. PA is one of those songs you should be happy exists, so maybe it being in RB would kinda slow down my enjoyment of it if Im trying to perfect Solo B 900 times.

Then again this could just be the only non-Ok Computer song before they roll out before the whole album, so you never know. :)
  • idiotecidiotec Road Warrior
    edited November 2007
    I want OK Computer as much as anyone, but I am just so damn happy about My Iron Lung. I hate to put it this way, but finally we get a "real" Radiohead song.

I also think this is a great sign that we will see even more Radiohead DLC as well. Sushi is right, everyone BUY MY IRON LUNG and that will definitely send a message to HMX and they will continue to put out more.
    edited December 2007
    Still no Ok Computer DLC? Man, I want to play Airbag and Let Down!! And of course Paranoid Android...

Argh... but there isn't even Who's Next out yet... so I guess the release for a possible complete Radiohead album will still take some time...

P.S. Totally Off Topic now, but I finished Mass Effect today, yipie. :p

-- What's thaaaaaaat? -- I may be paranoid but I'm not an android.

BTW, everyone who likes Radiohead, give Editors a listen. "The End Has A Start" is one of the best albums of 2007 if you ask me.

P.P.S. What happened to sushi's account??
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited December 2007
    I was never into Radiohead but when I heard Creep on RB I was sold. They're an amazing band with amazing songs, and I'd love to see more of them for DLC.
  • m1chelangelom1chelangelo Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    Julio_Strikes_Back;221393 said:
    I was never into Radiohead but when I heard Creep on RB I was sold. They're an amazing band with amazing songs, and I'd love to see more of them for DLC.
    You should take a listen to some/all of OK Computer then, its sufficiently better than Creep and My Iron Lung, even though I love both of those songs :D