Official, We want Radiohead's OK Computer, especially because of Paranoid Android!!!

Comments

  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 2011
    Not a huge fan of Radiohead, but OK Computer is a masterpiece. We need it.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Doughoef wrote: »
    @ CP - I will search for Heima HD download this weekend. I have seen bits and pieces on Youtube and it looks great. Everything I've heard of Inni has me very excited. I understand it is more based on the band experience than the setting as with Heima. I'm also enjoying Jonsi's solo stuff. Did you go to any of his shows?

    Heima is really great. I've fallen in love with Iceland after seeing it. :D
    Not sure if Inni will be as good. I haven't even preordered it yet, not sure if I will buy it. I've seen so many live performances of them now, that I don't know if I really need to see it. But maybe I will still do it, they sending pieces of the clothes that the bandmembers wore during those concerts with the special editions, which is some nice collectable.

    Jonsi solo is great as well. And yes, I even saw him two times! One time I saw him here in Vienna but I was a little bit disappointed because his stage was small and he didnt had his usual stage setup. So I decided to watch him again, and the second time I saw him was in London and it was the best concert I've ever seen, with all the stage visuals and everything - wow.
    I've made two videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsLijlthrI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0aWOMFGo9Q

    EDIT: Also, I can only recommend the Go Live DVD and CD, it's awesome! In fact, it's much better than the actual studio CD!!!
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Heima is really great. I've fallen in love with Iceland after seeing it. :D
    Not sure if Inni will be as good. I haven't even preordered it yet, not sure if I will buy it. I've seen so many live performances of them now, that I don't know if I really need to see it. But maybe I will still do it, they sending pieces of the clothes that the bandmembers wore during those concerts with the special editions, which is some nice collectable.

    Jonsi solo is great as well. And yes, I even saw him two times! One time I saw him here in Vienna but I was a little bit disappointed because his stage was small and he didnt had his usual stage setup. So I decided to watch him again, and the second time I saw him was in London and it was the best concert I've ever seen, with all the stage visuals and everything - wow.
    I've made two videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsLijlthrI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0aWOMFGo9Q

    EDIT: Also, I can only recommend the Go Live DVD and CD, it's awesome! In fact, it's much better than the actual studio CD!!!

    I will check that out as well. You are very lucky to have the opportunity to see them so many times!
  • grimmjow952grimmjow952 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    How do you get poll put on your thread?
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    How do you get poll put on your thread?

    We can't tell you because your a metal head and this is a Radiohead thread ;-) We are simply jealous you have so much metal in the game to choose from and we have only 2 Radiohead songs.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    yo Doug, unfortunately no shows lined up this year. though that's largely complicated by the fact that Im working in China and a lot of bands just don't come out here (and many that do often get banned from the country for making political statements about Tibet or something). Im trying to take a vacation back in the States sometime next June and catching a few shows then.

    I saw The National a year ago in DC. great show. ha, but The National I was referring to with Wilma is the name of a music venue in Virginia. If I recall correctly, Wilma and I were at the same Interpol show there. great place for a concert.

    btw, how did you like King of Limbs?
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Dante1847 wrote: »
    yo Doug, unfortunately no shows lined up this year. though that's largely complicated by the fact that Im working in China and a lot of bands just don't come out here (and many that do often get banned from the country for making political statements about Tibet or something). Im trying to take a vacation back in the States sometime next June and catching a few shows then.

    I saw The National a year ago in DC. great show. ha, but The National I was referring to with Wilma is the name of a music venue in Virginia. If I recall correctly, Wilma and I were at the same Interpol show there. great place for a concert.

    btw, how did you like King of Limbs?

    Hey Dante- Good luck working in China. Sounds very interesting and like it would be a great experience. It's funny you ask about King of Limbs, I am listening to an NPR interview with Thome and Ed right now. I really like the record, it is probably not their best effort even beside being quite short. It is great to have new Radiohead and the possibility of a tour in 2012. Will you be back from China in the next year?
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited October 2011
    OK Computer is probably my single most wanted album. Hope it happens! At least a pack with Karma Police, Paranoid Android and Airbag or Electioneering.
  • Dante1847Dante1847 Headliner
    edited October 2011
    Doughoef wrote: »
    Hey Dante- Good luck working in China. Sounds very interesting and like it would be a great experience. It's funny you ask about King of Limbs, I am listening to an NPR interview with Thome and Ed right now. I really like the record, it is probably not their best effort even beside being quite short. It is great to have new Radiohead and the possibility of a tour in 2012. Will you be back from China in the next year?

    glad you liked it. I did as well; disagree with the critics who think that the album puts you to sleep. Thought it was well-executed experimentation, and if memory serves, the band even warned fans that it would be a different approach. Obviously not on the same quality level as their best known records, but I thought Radiohead did well there.

    dont know when Ill be returning to the US on a more permanent basis. like I said, Ill be going back for vacation or holidays once in a while, but past that I dont know. my life kinda got put back onto the first rung of the ladder after being laid off twice in three years.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Just listening to Let Down. I guess that's the song for the situation.

    I seriously cannot believe that after all those years, this album hasnt made it into Rockband.

    I mean, DLC was crap for years now. Sorry HMX, I think it's amazing that you still release songs every week, but I haven't bought anything for years except for the Coldplay pack and Foster The People I think. We need real Indie music. We need the kings of Indie/Alternative. We need Radiohead. We need Ok Computer. Still.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Just listening to Let Down. I guess that's the song for the situation.

    I seriously cannot believe that after all those years, this album hasnt made it into Rockband.

    I mean, DLC was crap for years now. Sorry HMX, I think it's amazing that you still release songs every week, but I haven't bought anything for years except for the Coldplay pack and Foster The People I think. We need real Indie music. We need the kings of Indie/Alternative. We need Radiohead. We need Ok Computer. Still.

    That about sums up my thoughts exactly. I have lost faith we will get Radiohead or any good indie moving forward considering it's been like 2 years now.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Nice to see you're still around Doug.

    Guess that's it now though. HMX today confirmed that DLC will stop in April.

    Well guys, we tried for many years and failed. Too bad.

    Unless they go out with a bang and still release it, unlikely though.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Nice to see you're still around Doug.

    Guess that's it now though. HMX today confirmed that DLC will stop in April.

    Well guys, we tried for many years and failed. Too bad.

    Unless they go out with a bang and still release it, unlikely though.

    Yep, we tried. It was great chatting with you over the years. Good luck with your band and thanks for turning me on to some great new music. I saw Sigur Ros live over the Summer, btw
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Doughoef wrote: »
    Yep, we tried. It was great chatting with you over the years. Good luck with your band and thanks for turning me on to some great new music. I saw Sigur Ros live over the Summer, btw

    Thanks, and nice! Hope you enjoyed them! :)
    See ya!
  • FatWilmaFatWilma Road Warrior
    edited February 2013
    Coldplayer wrote: »
    Thanks, and nice! Hope you enjoyed them! :)
    See ya!

    Hey guys, just read the news... Definite let down. I don't play as much as I used to but I still buy dlc semi-regularly and love the game just as much I ever have. Sad that new music is coming to an end, but I want to be able to play this game forever. I'm constantly scanning Craigslist for RB2 drums and GH guitars just to make sure of it.

    We didn't manage to get much of what we really wanted in this game, but that didn't stop it from being the best game ever. That's how good this game is. Best ever.

    Coldplayer, Doug, everyone else from this and the alt thread: it's been awesome talking to you guys over the years. The heydays of this game and this site were truly amazing. As long as they keep this site up, I'll be sure to pop my head in every now and then for nostalgia and to see if anything is goin on. Long live Rock Band.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited February 2013
    Great Post FatWilma! I had some great times talking about music with you guys. I haven't been around here for a long time, but I do take a look in here from time to time and will continue to do so if the forums are still active or something cool happens (like Rockband 4 or something). :P

    So, one last "Prost" to the old times and let's cross our fingers that we might see just one great DLC before it's all over.
  • Popped up for the nostalgia today. :D
    So, Paranoid Android in Rocksmith hm? How is it possible that they managed to have multiple Radiohead songs and Sigur Ros in Rocksmith and we never got anything besides Creep and My Iron Lung?
    Maybe I will get Rocksmith just for those songs, although I would have preferred to play those songs on drums and sing them...
  • Popping up again HMX, just to remind you, 8 years later, and this still needs to happen. So P.L.E.A.S.E.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2015
    Have to bump this again because:
    The band's third album archived for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” to the musical canon
    Source: http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/radioheads-ok-computer-to-be-immortalized-in-the-library-of-congress/

    Seriously HMX, if you need any more reasons to finally do this.
  • RakitoxRakitox Unsigned
    Do you seriously, honestly believe that Harmonix haven't even TRIED to get more Radiohead? You coming in every other month to bump this thread isn't going to suddenly make the band more willing to put this album in the game. Like, we get it. You want to play Radiohead's fifth-best album in Rock Band for whatever reason, but literally nothing you say will make it happen.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2015
    Rakitox said:

    Do you seriously, honestly believe that Harmonix haven't even TRIED to get more Radiohead? You coming in every other month to bump this thread isn't going to suddenly make the band more willing to put this album in the game. Like, we get it. You want to play Radiohead's fifth-best album in Rock Band for whatever reason, but literally nothing you say will make it happen.

    What is your problem? I have not bumped this thing in years, I bumped it once a few weeks ago, and then probably a year before that, only in situations when I was remembered of the good old times I had here on this forum.

    And today I only bumped it because of the news I just read regarding this album.

    This thread probably exists longer than your account, so I am pretty sure HMX has taken notice. I'm using this thread just for one reason, to talk about one of my favorite albums with people who like it just as much as I do. Since 2007. Maybe you should not pop into threads you don't know the history of and presume that someone that has been a member of these forums for more than 8 years believes HMX has not noticed him. Also, that's none of your concern dude.

    And it is definitely not their fifth best album. (Also not their first best, that is Kid A, but Kid A does not work as well in Rock Band)
  • RakitoxRakitox Unsigned
    edited March 2015
    Do you have a real argument or just logical fallacies? I mean, you've got ad hominem and wisdom of the ancients covered, but slippery slope and non sequitur are feeling a bit left out.
  • Don't know what your problem is Rakitoxic, don't see what's wrong with trying to get some Radiohead love. Shine on, Coldplayer.
  • RakitoxRakitox Unsigned
    Ostrizoso said:

    Don't know what your problem is Rakitoxic, don't see what's wrong with trying to get some Radiohead love. Shine on, Coldplayer.

    It's becoming increasingly obvious as the years pass that asking Harmonix for this isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Maybe you should go a different route?
  • TakeABowTakeABow Road Warrior
    Wow - that's some rage there. Calm thy self Raki. Coldplayer has touched this thread 3 times in the past 14 months, and there are plenty of us who would love to play these songs in Rock Band and don't mind seeing this pop up again.

    We learned over time that expressing our desire for a track/album/artist on these forums doesn't permit or directly lead to songs showing up in future games/DLC. We do know that HMX knows that there is interest, which is the intent of these forums - we're using this thread (And every other thread on this forum) to show interest. At the end of the day licensing is out of our control, as are all the behind-the-scenes tradeoffs/decision making/complications which influence what songs we do get. So here we are.

    Also fifth best?? What? WHAT?



  • RakitoxRakitox Unsigned
    edited March 2015
    TakeABow said:

    Also fifth best?? What? WHAT?

    There is no world in which I would ever rate OK Computer above Kid A, Amnesiac, In Rainbows, and The Bends.

    And, anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say. I only replied the second time because I find the idea of seniority on the internet to be laughable.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    Now that RB4 is a reality, I just want to say this is simply my number one request.
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited March 2015
    Haha, thanks guys.

    I mean, I think this thread just has a pretty big legacy for us. It's just a place where we can talk about this album and how much we love it. Whether HMX sees it or not.

    Sure, I'd love if they somehow can make it happen, but after all those years I'm not thinking about that much anymore. I love to talk about that album though, so, how cool is it, that is is now "officially" considered "culturally, historically and aesthetically significant"?! ;)
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    Lol, I too saw that news yesterday. If that and our thousands of posts don't convince HMX, then... (
    Remembers to be nice and stay positive)
Sign In or Register to comment.