going from medium to hard in GH2 is nuts

edited May 2007 in Less Rokk More Talk
Did anyone else have this problem when they first started out?

I mean, I realize that the game is a learning experience (i failed the first song on easy when I first played after all.. never could imagine I'd get 5 stars on all medium levels) but then I moved up to hard and DAMN.

After a while I finally got used to the increase in notes and fifth fret and thought I might be able to squeak past this level (from the first two sets anyway) until... I hit WOMAN.

I don't know if it's just something that requires practice, but right now there is no way for me to hit all those hammer ons and pull offs. And that sad thing is that it seems to be an actual physical issue--my fingers literally can't twiddle that quick. Makes me wonder if I should switch to a lefty flip and restart the learning process, since my right hand is much quicker.

*sigh*

Just a little rant I thought I'd put in between my consequetive failings :/

Comments

• charlieboy123charlieboy123 Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    it is more of an acquired technique. i play guitar, bass, and guitar so i got the beat down and could play instantly. for some it isnt that easy and only takes practice. I would not suggest the practice mode, since ive had no use out of it, but all i would say is, dont go to hard on a song unless you can get atleast 95% on its easier counterpart
  • edited May 2007
    My suggestion would be to pick up a copy of Guitar Hero 1 and go through that on Hard first. The difference between medium and hard on that is much smoother... I think.

I finished GHI on expert b4 i played GHII so I skipped Medium completely... but from what friend have said, the transition to hard is more managable on GHI.
  • abracadaverabracadaver Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    I had the exact same problem beat medium went to hard, did all right and struggled a little but got stuck on woman for a while, I ended up taking a break from hard a finished 5*'ing medium, when I came back to woman it wasn't as bad(once you beat woman on hard its a piece of cake on expert). Taking a break from the game in general usually helps too, last week I was stuck on Freya on expert and didn't play again till yesterday and I ended up getting all the way to the last tier now im stuck on beast and the harlot.
  • edited May 2007
    Oh man, dont mention Freya on expert. Awesome song, but i got stuck on it more than any other song in the game, took at least 12 attemps to get it. Not even Freebird gave me that much trouble.... Jordan did/is though...

I blame the fact i can't use my pinky, lol
  • GNR962GNR962 Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    Brock_Landers;2548 said:
    Did anyone else have this problem when they first started out?

I mean, I realize that the game is a learning experience (i failed the first song on easy when I first played after all.. never could imagine I'd get 5 stars on all medium levels) but then I moved up to hard and DAMN.

After a while I finally got used to the increase in notes and fifth fret and thought I might be able to squeak past this level (from the first two sets anyway) until... I hit WOMAN.

I don't know if it's just something that requires practice, but right now there is no way for me to hit all those hammer ons and pull offs. And that sad thing is that it seems to be an actual physical issue--my fingers literally can't twiddle that quick. Makes me wonder if I should switch to a lefty flip and restart the learning process, since my right hand is much quicker.

*sigh*

Just a little rant I thought I'd put in between my consequetive failings :/

Although I skipped medium in GH2, I found woman complicated on hard(PS2 version, first time I played.)I beat on my first try, but I always did bad. Now that I have played it a lot, I am beast at it on the 360 and PS2. I can go with missing less than 20 or 15 notes(that solo is awesome). For me, it only took practice. It may or may not be the same for you(only you can find that out.)
  • BeckRokkBeckRokk Opening Act
    edited May 2007
    I went right to Hard on GHII from the start, but I sort of had an unfair advantage seeing as I played a lot of the songs at the release party in L.A.

Anyway, Woman was a stopping point for me as well. It took some time for me to get used to the new hammers/pulls but I soon got it.
  • edited May 2007
    abracadaver;2638 said:
    I had the exact same problem beat medium went to hard, did all right and struggled a little but got stuck on woman for a while, I ended up taking a break from hard a finished 5*'ing medium, when I came back to woman it wasn't as bad(once you beat woman on hard its a piece of cake on expert). Taking a break from the game in general usually helps too, last week I was stuck on Freya on expert and didn't play again till yesterday and I ended up getting all the way to the last tier now im stuck on beast and the harlot.
    looks like I'll be taking your advice, since I'm officially sidelined with a sprained index and pinky finger from flying-v overuse.. I'd laugh if it wasn't so annoying :confused:
  • DodgyDazDodgyDaz Unsigned
    edited May 2007
    Well, I've still got all this to come, I havent played GH1, getting it when I get paid though. I am stuck on medium on GH2, some of the easier ones I can get 5 stars, but I still struggle further down the list, but then, my fingers aren't as young as they used to be, so maybe I should just be happy with 5 stars on Strutter and Cherry Pie ;)