E3 Interview I Had Never Seen

ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
edited August 2007 in Rock Band
I'm sure some people have seen this, but I haven't and I was surfing YouTube to find some recent Rock Band videos and I came upon this. An interview with Daniel Sussman producer at Harmonix, "specializing in hardware development for Rock Band". Now most of the questions are things we have heard before, the interview is good to watch though, and I specifically found the last question quite interesting. It was a question about wireless controllers.

Without specifically mentioning what system he stated that guitars would be both wired and wireless, drums would be wired, and the mic would be USB mic with a cable. I find this interesting, has it been officially announced that 360 will be wired only? This would lead me to think that there would be the option of both wired and wireless controllers for Xbox 360, which is good since people have shown much concern with there not being wireless guitars.

The video is here: Game Almighty E307: Rock Band Interview with Daniel Sussman

Comments

• edited August 2007
    ThePaska;45519 said:
    I'm sure some people have seen this, but I haven't and I was surfing YouTube to find some recent Rock Band videos and I came upon this. An interview with Daniel Sussman producer at Harmonix, "specializing in hardware development for Rock Band". Now most of the questions are things we have heard before, the interview is good to watch though, and I specifically found the last question quite interesting. It was a question about wireless controllers.

Without specifically mentioning what system he stated that guitars would be both wired and wireless, drums would be wired, and the mic would be USB mic with a cable. I find this interesting, has it been officially announced that 360 will be wired only? This would lead me to think that there would be the option of both wired and wireless controllers for Xbox 360, which is good since people have shown much concern with there not being wireless guitars.

The video is here: Game Almighty E307: Rock Band Interview with Daniel Sussman
    No, look at the main page. Guitar available in Wired and Wireless.
  • _GABO__GABO_ Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Good find, I've never seen this before either. So it seems you and I are the only people that have seen this video? Because when I got there, it showed "Views: 1" (assuming that was you, seeming as how you linked it and all..) and now I'm watching it, so that makes two.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    SoraRikuVGM;45523 said:
    No, look at the main page. Guitar available in Wired and Wireless.
    I know, this is true, but from reading what most people say here on the forums, it is a common idea that 360 controllers are wired and PS3's are wireless. I'm just proposing that there are both, and this is coming strait from the mouth of a producer of the hardware of this game. Either way it is a cool/funny interview, and I think most people should watch it :)
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    Most people anxious about the 360 guitars being wired/wireless are more concerned about which kind will be included in the bundle. It's safe to say that even if both are offered for the 360, people will get upset over the bundles just coming with the one kind.
  • LarkspeedLarkspeed Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I seem to remember reading somewhere or seeing in an interview that the 360 would be supplied with wired guitars in the bundle but the wireless could be purchased seperatly.

But without confirmation from some official source I would take that statement with a grain of salt