Case for Rock band instruments

drpertreedrpertree Unsigned
edited March 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
So, I looked for a way to store my rockband stuff. HmX came out, then retracted a case for the drums on rockband. From what I could tell from the pictures, It retailed for around $50.

What I want to know is this:

1) How many people would actually buy a case for rockband instruments?

2) If you could find a case to fit everything (drums/guitar/mic), how much would you pay for it?

Before you answer, I did some checking. To manufacturer a case to hold drums and guitar, you are looking at $75 minimum, so retail on that type of case would be at least $100 bucks. Would it be worth it? Do you need to pack up your rockband instruments? Do you travel to friends with them?

Comments

• LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    1) I don't know about everybody else, but I wouldn't.

2) My instruments don't create any kind of clutter in my TV room, but one huge case for all certanly would, so no.
  • DisaDisa Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    It's more likely that I could protect my guitar with my bare hands than by putting it into some case and giving myself a false sense of security. The sort of non-play related things that could seriously damage a guitar just won't be guarded against by anything less than a full, hard body, lined case, and that's expensive, bulky, and more likely to get into accidents because of said bulkiness. The real damage done to instruments is done through actual play in most instances, and that's not something that a case can guard against either.

I would maybe consider some way getting the drum set around more easily, but not really with safety in mind so much as stowing and cost efficiency.
  • drpertreedrpertree Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    LZ - Do you ever take your instuments to other places? I know I've personally taken my entire set to several friends houses. I've even traveled to another stated and took it with me.
    edited March 2008
    drpertree;385469 said:
    LZ - Do you ever take your instuments to other places? I know I've personally taken my entire set to several friends houses. I've even traveled to another stated and took it with me.
    I have actually, only a couple of times. But not enough to warrant buying a case for them. I mean getting a 50 dollar case for an 80 dollar controller just doesn't make sense. Now if I was to travel or move to another city or state? I guess a nice sturdy cardboard box padded with some bluble wrap would protect them well enough.
  • edited March 2008
    What about the box that Rock Band came in? Couldn't you just use that?
    edited March 2008
    Dave;385585 said:
    What about the box that Rock Band came in? Couldn't you just use that?
    My wife threw it away!!:(
  • edited March 2008
    LZ_69;385606 said:
    My wife threw it away!!:(
    Psshhhh!!

That's grounds for divorce right there.
  • DisaDisa Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    No kidding. Never throw boxes away. That box could've lasted you all the way through to kids, and then they could use it as a toy, and then put all their junk in it, and then pass it on to the next generation, and so on.

I exaggerate, but a good box is more valuable than its original contents in most cases...
  • luvmshavdluvmshavd Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I have the guitar bag and i'm sure i am one of the few that got the Drum Bag. both nice products
    edited March 2008
    Hey!! the OP made an exact thread like this one on the Rockband forum section....tsk..tsk!!
  • drpertreedrpertree Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    LZ_69;385754 said:
    Hey!! the OP made an exact thread like this one on the Rockband forum section....tsk..tsk!!
    I wasn't aware that was a bad thing, I just wanted to make sure people saw the post. If it wasn't correct, i'm sorry.