Rock Band Fonts

rednosedmooserednosedmoose Unsigned
edited February 2010 in Rock Band
I'm working on a demonstration of Rock Band for one of my classes in an attempt to show my amazing power pointing ability. Or something. It's going rather well, but it lacks the "feel" I get from Rock Band. And I think that's because it doesn't have the font used by Rock Band.

Does anyone know where I could get this or what it's called? I would be greatly appreciative.

Comments

• TheWigmasterTheWigmaster Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I'm doing a similar project, I would like it for a powerpoint presentation.
  • moshunmoshun Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    ^ Those look like the right fonts, I think. o_<

I also believe they mentioned all the fonts they used in the game at the end of the scrolling credits too.
  • tom526tom526 Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    bstark;603595 said:
    Holy crap! Those prices are insane for just a font package! Had no idea they go for so much!
  • shadebugshadebug Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    welcome to the wonderful world of nice things. Normal things cost very little, nice things cost a whole lot

In other news, the reason your powerpoint presentation doesn't have the same effect as rockband is because it's a powerpoint presentation and, as such, can only ever be tiring and annoying
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited May 2008
  • CzarCasticCzarCastic Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Here are two free font sites that I've used with much success in the past:

http://www.dafont.com

http://www.1001freefonts.com

Doing a quick search, I didn't find anything titled "avant garde" or "rock band", but that doesn't mean that you won't find something similar with a different name, I just didn't search that hard. They are all free, though.
  • bstarkbstark Unsigned
    edited May 2008
    dude, welcome to the design world. these typefaces i linked to are cheap compared to some, its not abnormal to drop hundreds on a single weight, not to mention much more for a custom typeface with sole ownership of.
  • evets90evets90 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    wow, those font prices are insanely dumb..why so expensive? are there free/similar alternatives to these fonts?
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    bstark;606350 said:
    dude, welcome to the design world. these typefaces i linked to are cheap compared to some, its not abnormal to drop hundreds on a single weight, not to mention much more for a custom typeface with sole ownership of.
    Yeah, I can quote you big time. For my studio I just spent 500 euros, which I guess is something along the lines of 750 dollars, for a font set with 5 variations.
  • HajimeHajime Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    Mr. Tate;911159 said:
    Yeah, I can quote you big time. For my studio I just spent 500 euros, which I guess is something along the lines of 750 dollars, for a font set with 5 variations.
    Apparently I should get into font design.
  • logicalnoiselogicalnoise Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Mr. Tate;911159 said:
    more like 900-1000 dollars.
  • HajimeHajime Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    logicalnoise;911286 said:
    more like 900-1000 dollars.
    500.00 Euro is 786.66USD, or 793.65CAD

It is 500.00 British Pounds Sterling that is 998.53USD or 1007.44CAD
  • ReveriesReveries Rising Star
    edited July 2008
    is it just for some fonts that cost? because i remember getting different fonts that bands use in their logos for free on some websites.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    Reveries;911380 said:
    is it just for some fonts that cost? because i remember getting different fonts that bands use in their logos for free on some websites.
    Yes. Most of the free fonts you find are not acceptable for a professional design work.
  • REAREA Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    theres no font currently out that is like the RB logo. ill see if i cant imitate it.
  • FyrusFyrus Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    wow... didn't know it costed that much...
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited September 2008
    a thread that has been necro-posted twice? cool =P
  • REAREA Unsigned
    edited September 2008
    does anyone make fonts? i have up to "E" done and ill have more for tomorrow.
  • haruki_jitsuninharuki_jitsunin Opening Act
    edited September 2008
    *restates it again*

It's avant garde...
    Pssht... haven't you taken a history of graphic communications course before? XD
  • LightningRockerLightningRocker Unsigned
    edited June 2009
    Hey, all of you, I have your answer!
    http://www.fontyukle.com/en/ara.php?ara=Avant+Garde+Gothic&button=Search
    For free too :D
    The "00" doesn't look like an infinity sign like in Rock Band, but still great.
  • Neon-POPNeon-POP Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    LightningRocker;2641765 said:
    Hey, all of you, I have your answer!
    http://www.fontyukle.com/en/ara.php?ara=Avant+Garde+Gothic&button=Search
    For free too :D
    The "00" doesn't look like an infinity sign like in Rock Band, but still great.
    Annoying necropost is annoying. :mad:
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    For all those shocked at how expensive fonts are, I'm not that far from being right along with you. But you've gotta remember that it happens for three reasons.

First, you can't run a marketing campaign with anything everyone has access to. Unless it's intentionally bland and ubiquitous, like Adult Swim's logo. And even then, they use a very specific variation of Helvetica.Condensed. It's one of those really little details that, if not present, just kills everything.

Secondly, you're paying for something that will look good for your specific purposes. Good fonts like Rock Band's have to look good when they are 5 millimeters tall and when they are 5 meters tall. And with just about any possible letter combination. That's important.

Thirdly, font designers really only get a company's business once per ad campaign. Which is to say, at most, once every year. In the meantime, they have nothing. If they only charged $5, there'd be no fonts for anyone.

All of which is to say, enjoy sites like DaFont for what they are: miraculous, benevolent entities for the average schmoe.
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited June 2009
    Oh yes, and if you can accept ANY substitutes, you can get a really great Rock/Metal font by looking at DaFont's Modern Gothic section:
    http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=402&text=ROCK+BAND

Also take a look at their Sans-Serif section for any that stand out if you have some time and energy and you're the sort of obsessed it takes to find such a thing.
    http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=501&text=ROCK+BAND

Though if you are, PM me for another, easy, way to get your headings without buying (or stealing) any fonts at all.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited June 2009
    Well lets look in the manual shall we?
    Fonts:
    "ITC" "Avant Garde" by Type Face
    and "Fakir" by Underware.

Edit: LOL old thread.
  • Mutley93Mutley93 Opening Act
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys,

This is the best i could find..its only a picture but im sure someone could use it as a template to make a font.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rockband%20font/rea0002/RBFontBold-1.png?t=1228548761
  • darklight66darklight66 Unsigned
    edited February 2010