If there is ever a piano peripheral in Rock Band...

vsTerminusvsTerminus Road Warrior
edited March 2008 in Rock Band
This is going to be the first thing I ever request.

Skip to 2:36 to see what I mean. Through The Fire and Flames my ASS

This is Rick Wakeman from the band Yes!

Comments

• TheKrazyKatzzzTheKrazyKatzzz Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Is this before or after they release the Cello peripheral?
  • Xerosnake90Xerosnake90 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    How exactly do you think they're going to put all 5 instruments on the screen at once? The charts are already as small as they can be before just being annoying to the point where you don't wanna play anymore
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    vsTerminus;396829 said:
    This is going to be the first thing I ever request.

Skip to 2:36 to see what I mean. Through The Fire and Flames my ASS

This is Rick Wakeman from the band Yes!

WHY DOSE HE NEED SO MANY KEYBORDS?!?

lol i could see if it was a pipe organ that each keybord controled a diffrent part of the pipes but with electric keybords you can just have preset settings so the most you would need would be 2. now they have them where you can have 4 diffrent tones on one manual
  • HeadHunter67HeadHunter67 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Xerosnake90;396857 said:
    How exactly do you think they're going to put all 5 instruments on the screen at once?
    Maybe they won't - who says every song needs to have every instrument?
  • barber78barber78 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    i would LOVE a keyboard. good question. lets hope. it would be fun as hell.
  • vsTerminusvsTerminus Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Honestly, I'm not sure I'd want a keyboard in Rock Band. And there are logistics around it.

But that's not the point of this thread.

The point is, if you think TTFAF and Blackened are hard, wait till something like this shows up for the keyboard (In this, or some other future game), and suddenly nobody is impressed by plastic guitars anymore.

Hell, we could add it to Rock Band already!
    Guitar gets his right hand, bass takes the left hand.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited March 2008
    I'd take the right hand, lol. Even tho it would put anything in Rock Band currently to shame. They would need to add in a new difficulty for the game jsut for it call "Challenging Even God"
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I've heard this suggested before, and I think it would be a pretty cool idea. It's really just a matter of how it would be done and would it be popular enough to make it worth the company's time and money to make it happen.
    edited March 2008
    Zeleii;396912 said:
    I'd take the right hand, lol. Even tho it would put anything in Rock Band currently to shame. They would need to add in a new difficulty for the game jsut for it call "Challenging Even God"
    You mean "Super Expert" aka "Even Smokyprogg can't do it", right?
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, Smokkyprogg is a godly, that 1* run on Should I Stay or Should I Go, was priceless 'Oh here comes the hard part... AWWW I missed it". That and the 100% of the Highway star solo.
  • Nicotine360Nicotine360 Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    considering rockband and guitar hero are RIP OFF's, this already has been done.

research:
    pop n music
    keyboard mania
    drum freaks
    guitar freaks

all done YEARS and YEARS ago. even the drums setup in the arcade and for japanese ps2 is incredibly similar to rockband.

don't wait for these knockoffs to make it. go get it. it already exists.
  • ZeleiiZeleii Banned
    edited March 2008
    Figures somebody with 10 or less posts would end up doing something like this. And honestly EVERY game is a rip-off of something. Those sim games are simple rip off of the real intsrument. So, from the beginning of gaming there has been a form of "ripping" off of some form of material. Rock Band and GH are no exceptions. But what makes Rock Band exception is that it incorporates alot of rythym game concepts and puts them in one game with a great overall presentation, and a very interactive user control.
    edited March 2008
    Just because somone has done something similar already doesn't mean it can't be done better.
    That's what seperates Harmonix from a lot of other games out there.

Quality songs from big (and not so big) bands, an exteme amount of user interaction and customization, and all presented very nicely and cleanly in one package. The only downside is the fragile instruments.
  • Jhail83Jhail83 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    If the keyboard ever did come out, I would also like some Emerson Lake and Palmer. Keith Emerson is god! Also Dream Theater would be very compatible with keys...Jordan Rudess ftw!
  • polishdog90polishdog90 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    If a keyboard came out every song in the game would have to have keyboard in it. I would rather not have all the songs without keyboard ruled out.
  • mgd3434mgd3434 Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    Dont see a keyboard happening, but might be interesting. Maybe just 1 octave? Hmmmm