The OFFICIAL Green Day Request Thread (Actively Updated)

Comments

• citybugcitybug Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    I want 21st Century Breakdown. I am just sad that the two best tracks off the album are not coming in the pack next week.

Rock Band needs Peacemaker and Murder City!
  • CubecubedCubecubed Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    citybug wrote: »
    I want 21st Century Breakdown. I am just sad that the two best tracks off the album are not coming in the pack next week.

Rock Band needs Peacemaker and Murder City!

A pack with that and the Title track would be ace!
  • citybugcitybug Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    Cubecubed wrote: »
    A pack with that and the Title track would be ace!

I would buy that in a heartbeat. I half-expected them not to choose my favorites, but it surprised me they would not include the title track, which is also one of the best of the album.
  • jayou521jayou521 Washed Up
    edited December 2009
    If we get another pack from 21st Century Breakdown, I would like Restless Heart Syndrome, Murder City, and American Eulogy.

Restless Heart Syndrome is by far the best song on the album in my opinion~

I really want the earlier songs already though.
  • wafflerevolutionwafflerevolution Road Warrior
    edited March 2010
    my list.
    in chronological order -
    "Longview"
    "Welcome to Paradise"
    "Basket Case"
    "She"
    "When I Come Around"
    "Geek Stink Breath"
    "Brain Stew"
    "Walking Contradiction"
    "Nice Guys Finish Last"
    "Hitchin' a Ride"
    "Redundant"
    "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
    "Warning"
    "Waiting"
    "Minority"
    "American Idiot"
    "Holiday"
    "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
    "Wake Me Up When September Ends"

really.. I like green day, I'm glad they are making a RBGD... but... there's better bands... anyway... nothing else from the new album... and given a choice I'd rather not have anything off American Idiot either... their newer stuff just sounds like everything else in the mainstream so it's not "Green Day" enough for rock band green day
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Really, now with the game out, just give me "Walking Contradiction" and I'll be completely satisfied
    edited September 2010
    I don't think we'll see anymore green day for a while... it'd be neat to actually USE the Green Day music store on the Rock Band Music Store though.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I think we should just get the rest of their albums, and then no one can complain about what songs they want for them. ( I love Green Day! )
  • acdcrockacdcrock Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I think we should just get the rest of their albums, and then no one can complain about what songs they want for them. ( I love Green Day! )

Well this idea could be applied to...music in general...
    edited September 2010
    and it IS an awesome idea... if Rock band did that... 90% of people would be happy... the other 10% would complain that there would be too much music or too much bad music... people are complainers.
  • RxPhantomRxPhantom Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I'm a big Green Day fan, but I've got a special place in my heart for Nimrod. It was my first and favorite GD album, and it was woefully underrepresented on GD:RB. It was also my first real introduction to punk rock.

And just in case anyone wanted to pick a fight, that last statement was not meant as in invitation to the mindless, pointless "What's punk and what's not" debate.
    edited September 2010
    I'm just still hoping we see the rest of the catalog come out since they already did it with the beetles rock band...
  • MelonBassistMelonBassist Unsigned
    edited January 2011
    They didn't put the rest of the Beatles catalog on Beatles rock band. they completed 3 albums
  • KazukiFoxKazukiFox Opening Act
    edited January 2011
    Green Day Rock Band?
  • Gamer1270Gamer1270 Road Warrior
    edited October 2011
    Green Day 03
    Macy's Day Parade X
    All By Myself
    The Simpsons Theme
    King For A Day
  • superblah76superblah76 Unsigned
    edited October 2011
    Green Day 03:

King For a Day
    Castaway
    All By Myself (Dookie ain't complete without it.)
    Dominated Love Slave
    Ha Ha You're Dead (Only worthwhile track off of the album IMO.)
    Platypus ('Nuff said.)
    edited October 2011
    I'm still hoping there's more in the future somewhere... no one seems to be voting for "J.A.R." why not?
    edited September 2012
    we are getting 1 song on tuesday... it's a new single... and a bad one...
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I was thinking, what if we got more Green Day in Rock Band? Here's my ideal Green Day Pack 03:

- Waiting
    - Nuclear Family
    - Stray Heart
    - Nightlife
    - X-Kid
    - Brutal Love

I figured 1 classic left off GDRB, and 2 off Dos! and Tre!, and one off Uno! so those all have equal numbers (since we already have Oh Love as DLC)
  • XBlade1XXBlade1X Unsigned
    edited January 2016
    tdc002 said:

I was thinking, what if we got more Green Day in Rock Band? Here's my ideal Green Day Pack 03:

- Waiting
    - Nuclear Family
    - Stray Heart
    - Nightlife
    - X-Kid
    - Brutal Love

I figured 1 classic left off GDRB, and 2 off Dos! and Tre!, and one off Uno! so those all have equal numbers (since we already have Oh Love as DLC)

Agreed, although I'd swap out Nuclear Family for Stay The Night in a heartbeat!

Edit: I'd probably swap out Nightlife for either Lazy Bones, Wild One or Wow, that's loud as well.
  • tdc002 said:

- Waiting
    - Nuclear Family
    - Stray Heart
    - Nightlife
    - X-Kid
    - Brutal Love

I'd replace Nightlife with another classic left off GDRB, "Walking Contradiction".
  • This NEEDS to be in Rock Band.

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Agreed. I love "Bang Bang", probably one of my favorite Green Day songs of the last 15 years.
  • TheStuddz said:

Agreed. I love "Bang Bang", probably one of my favorite Green Day songs of the last 15 years.

Yeah, it's quite possibly one of their best songs to date and imagine how great it would be in Rock Band, it's fun to play, energetic, fast, has a mini drum solo and of course great harmonies.

So much awesome packed into such a short amount of time. Lets get those song requests happening, people!
    edited March 13
    Observation and maybe even a possible confirmation.
    The entire Revolution Radio album looks like it will be making it's way to Rock Band, why? Try requesting any of the tracks from the album and they do not submit. Try requesting any other song by the band from any of their other albums and they happily submit.

Go on, try it.

Either the system is glitched for those specific songs or requests for them have been disabled because we'll see the album hit the DLC store quite soon. I would have settled for Bang Bang alone, but I sure as hell will take the entire album if it's there, it's a bloody good one, especially with other tracks such as Say Goodbye and Forever Now.

Then again we haven't seen a full album hit the store in quite a while, so who knows...

Edit: Typing "Revolution Radio (Album)" in the song request section also does not submit, one hell of a coincidence if you asked me :P
  • We never blacklist songs from being requested. You could request November 2007 DLC tracks if you wanted. Request page is not secretly hinting, sorry.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    XBlade1X said:

The entire Revolution Radio album looks like it will be making it's way to Rock Band, why? Try requesting any of the tracks from the album and they do not submit. Try requesting any other song by the band from any of their other albums and they happily submit.

Go on, try it.

I did. And it worked for me. I even requested "Still Breathing", which is already DLC, and that worked.

Is it possible you're requesting these songs for the second time? I've noticed that when you try requesting a song twice, the second request doesn't submit.

XBlade1X said:

Go on, try it.

I did. And it worked for me. I even requested "Still Breathing", which is already DLC, and that worked.

Is it possible you're requesting these songs for the second time? I've noticed that when you try requesting a song twice, the second request doesn't submit.
    I suppose that's possible, I may have gotten a bit too excited :P I didn't realise there was a limit on requests. Oops.

They should put the album there anyway or at the very least get Bang Bang! :D
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    XBlade1X said:

XBlade1X said:

Go on, try it.

I suppose that's possible, I may have gotten a bit too excited :P I didn't realise there was a limit on requests. Oops.

They should put the album there anyway or at the very least get Bang Bang! :D
    Judging by the fact that we're only getting one new song a week, and even three packs are rare these days, I'd say the chances are next to none of us ever getting another full album from any band.

That said, I'd love to get Revolution Radio, Outlaws, Youngblood, or Too Dumb to Die. Ordinary World is a great song too, but it's just guitar and vocals, and they seem to be avoiding songs lacking parts in RB4.