Rock Blog Monday 08/27/07 POST PAX

edited December 2007 in Announcements
I couldn't be more tired right now. All us HMX'ers who went to PAX took a red eye flight back to Boston which got us in at 6:30am and then we came to work. Forgive me if my grammar fails.

I loved coming back to the forums this morning and seeing a whole conversation about how people thought I was fat but then I wasn't but then there is me with a cowbell and my shirt pulled up and maybe I am. I seriously laughed for a solid five minutes.

PAX was amazing. We saw so many people come through our booth and got to play with the likes of the Minibosses, Wil Wheaton, and I even got to play in a band with the incredible Jonathan Coulton - an experience I will never forget. And speaking of forgetting I'd like to throw a shout out to all the awesome work done by our booth team - Matt, DanT, John, Tracie, American Phil, and Rash. Somehow with everyone working together we all got through alive (though today we hurt.)

I also want to give a gigantic shout out to all the Enforcers at PAX. They did a huge amount of work keeping everything fluid and it helped a ton. Special thanks goes to Brian who was the specific Enforcer tied to our booth. We couldn't have gotten through it without him!

Lastly I'd like to thank the community people who showed up for our community event on Saturday night. I had a lot of fun rocking with you all and I sincerely hope we can do it again sometime very soon. I also hope you had as much fun as us!

Now I am going to go to bed and come back bright-eyed and bushy tomorrow.

BLOGS!

Sasquatch King still wants a tattoo. Maybe it is a present to himself for when the game is done? Help him decide!

Comments

• IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Awesome! Hopefully when the next one rolls around, I'll be there to chill out with the peeps from HMX! You guys rock!
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Glad you guys had a good time,from all accounts rock band stole the show at PAX
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    PAX sounded like so much fun, I'm glad something like that gets to happen. If there is ever something like that on the east coast with Rock Band there, I'll be there no matter what!
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Man, being there was so great. Playing it has gotten me so stoked to buy it :D
  • LZ_RebornLZ_Reborn Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Glad your back and happy to know that everything went great and everybody had an awsome time!! Also from all the videos and pics I have seen, seems that RB was a big success at PAX. Congrats!!!!!

And yeah... get some sleep, you earned it.
  • gh2masterwellalmostgh2masterwellalmost Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Yh dude get yourself some sleep, but make sure if you haven't already to check whats been happying in the short time you were away haha, the cool kids who hang out in the general forum will get the gist j/k we're all kl on RB

And don't forget some hilarious threads off the scorehero forum about Rock Band... GH3 fans are hilarious.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Best thing about the convention being over? Leftover Swag!

How do we get a Rock Band T-Shirt?
  • edited August 2007
    Sean, I totally want to jam with you guys at Harmonix online once the game is done.

PAX sounded like awesomeness
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    PAX was awesome! HMX booth team...all awesome folk...great to hang out with and play some RB...I gotta say they Mega64 guys rocked the hardest...they put on one entertaining show...
  • JoiggaJoigga Banned
    edited August 2007
    dont mean to be hatin but it seems like every blog these blogs seem to be not focusing on RB and more on tattoos and pictures of stuff not rockband i mean i came here for rock band not for some silly little guy talking about his dreams last night .. dont mean to be offencive but i came here to see stuff rocckband!
  • edited August 2007
    Joigga;47732 said:
    dont mean to be hatin but it seems like every blog these blogs seem to be not focusing on RB and more on tattoos and pictures of stuff not rockband i mean i came here for rock band not for some silly little guy talking about his dreams last night .. dont mean to be offencive but i came here to see stuff rocckband!
    So the last several days of announcements, news, previews, pictures, and comments from people who have actually played the game wasn't enough? I don't know what else to say.
  • hmxgrichhmxgrich Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I didn't want to quote the whole post, so i just took out this part.

"I loved coming back to the forums this morning and seeing a whole conversation about how people thought I was fat but then I wasn't but then there is me with a cowbell and my shirt pulled up and maybe I am. I seriously laughed for a solid five minutes."

I thought in the avatar picture if you trimmed the facial hair a tad you sort of looked like Trot Nixon. And after seeing these recent pictures I'm going to recant that statement. Since you are from here (Mass) I'm going to assume you remember what he looked like. lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN - jq71586 - looking for PS3 friends. :D
  • MagnetMagnet Moderator
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;47549 said:
    And speaking of forgetting I'd like to throw a shout out to all the awesome work done by our booth team - Matt, DanT, John, Tracie, American Phil, and Rash.
    Hm... wait a minute. Phil? Rash? Do you mean those members of Shaimus? Someone from HMX recently posted that Shaimus had left Harmonix a while ago.

Now I'm just confused. Are those different people?
  • edited August 2007
    Magnet;47824 said:
    Hm... wait a minute. Phil? Rash? Do you mean those members of Shaimus? Someone from HMX recently posted that Shaimus had left Harmonix a while ago.

Now I'm just confused. Are those different people?
    Same guys! Shaimus is still in LA doing quite well but we needed some help to man the booth so we asked them to come up. It was like an awesome reunion!
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Holy crap! That was them? My friend and I saw someone with a Shaimus shirt, but we thought it was just a fan. That's awesome it was actually them. "All of This" was one of my favorite songs in GH1.
  • edited August 2007
    skeltonath;47845 said:
    Holy crap! That was them? My friend and I saw someone with a Shaimus shirt, but we thought it was just a fan. That's awesome it was actually them. "All of This" was one of my favorite songs in GH1.
    We pull out all the stops. ;)
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Man Shaimus in Rock Band would be so good. All of This is by far my favorite bonus song in GH.
  • NestryNestry Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    it was amazing to actually get to play rockband with you on stage singing!!!
    too bad i had to leave early! i didnt make it into the picture.
    but i still got my proof i was there! haha

that didnt just make my day, it made my YEAR!
    unforgettable.

its going to take me forever to save up for rockband....
    hahaha
  • TonemanToneman Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    I gotta say that Rock Band was the best game at PAX. Hands down. Also, thanks for busting out the Will Ferrell impersonation and adding a little cow bell to "Don't Fear the Reeper" for us. I wanna see the video of that, since I was the drummer I didn't really get to see you in all of your belly button glory.

And thanks to all of the guys at the booth. You made everyone feel like rockstars!
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    awwe... pax looked amazing, lots of fun photos (just got done looking at wil's photoset hehe), now I've got to go find all the amazing info that was let loose upon us! :D
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Wow, sounds like you guys put together one hell of a party at PAX, pretty cool that you take care of the community like that. As I had feared though, PAX was one of those things that had to be experienced...I feel like I missed out on the party of the year...
  • TheRockerTheRocker Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Welcome Back Sean You Guys Did A Very Good Job At PAX I Enjoyed All The Videos and News :)
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    sorry trying to bump away a post accidently posted here
  • edited December 2007
    Why is this topic a big target for spam? :D
  • deathincdeathinc Unsigned
    edited December 2007
    No kidding... and I reported to posts too! Can't a mod delete them?
This discussion has been closed.