Rock Blog Tuesday 08/28/07

edited September 2007 in Announcements
I slept for like 12 hours last night. It was awesome. I rolled into a work a touch late, locked some threads, wrote some emails, sent out some packages, saw the price that the guitar we signed for Scorehero fetched on Ebay... HOLY CRAP?!?!?! $1575??!?!?! In real money? That rules! As I have stated before we do love Scorehero, we've always thought JCirri runs a tight operation and it is a good place to talk about games. We are stoked that they could score some extra dough to keep their servers running tip-top. And whoever bought it - you rule. That was a really generous thing you did and I hope you enjoy the guitar.

I wanted to post this picture up because I am still nerding out about getting a chance to play the game with Jonathan Coulton.

I wish I had more to talk about but I am still feeling a little lagged trying to get back into a routine. Maybe I'll go home and play a little Bioshock?

Heather...briefly.

Leo loves Public Transportation!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    wow, hey mind if i stop by with my SG and get it signed by everyone?

I could use the extra dough for rock band.
  • tf5_bassisttf5_bassist Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    i'm still severely sad about missing pax. RB? Wil Wheaton? Minibosses?? Freezepop??? RB?????

yeap. sad. anyways, good to see you guys attempting to spread some love to Scorehero, despite the fact that all their members ever do is talk sh*t.

and I still want a t-shirt! let us know if there's a way we can score some leftover swag! :D
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;48222 said:

I've just got to say... this shot is crazy. Those guitars SERIOUSLY look like a real Strat. I know this, I'm aware of this fact, but, still, it's just so damned close it's awesome.
  • XzyliacXzyliac Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Johnathon Coulton > life itself
  • cezar515cezar515 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Whoah, is that a Shaimus Rock Band shirt the guitar player on the right is wearing? If so, awesome, I love Shaimus!
  • skeltonathskeltonath Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    Scorehero's a great community and all, but it just doesn't seem like there's enough love for Rockband there...
  • edited August 2007
    cezar515;48234 said:
    Whoah, is that a Shamus Rock Band shirt the guitar player on the right is wearing? If so, awesome, I love Shamus!
    That actually is Johannes from Shaimus.
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    LOL at spelling the band wrong twice.

People shouldn't be surprised HMX is loaded with rock celebrities :p
    edited August 2007
    Now I've got the urge to go play GH1. hah.

speaking of rock celebs in HMX... "Orchids and Ammunition" was a great album.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    I'm very impressed at your ability to get substantive daily updates onto the site. It's a lot harder than it looks.
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited August 2007
    Are those actual Rock Band shirts, or are those stickers or something on the shirts? Either way I think it is about time for a Rock Band shop to show up, I need some Rock Band merchandise ASAP.

Nice blogs today, Heather's was really short, and I really enjoyed Leo's, very enjoyable.

Glad to hear you finally got some sleep Sean.

When is DanT's next blog? I believe he promised some more info for us post PAX :D
  • ZkDotNetZkDotNet Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    hmxsean;48251 said:
    That actually is Johannes from Shaimus.
    Isn't there a saying about wearing your own band's t-shirt?
    edited August 2007
    Eman311;48256 said:
    LOL at spelling the band wrong twice.

People shouldn't be surprised HMX is loaded with rock celebrities :p
    Wow I feel like a retard now, I can't believe I forgot the "i"
  • HMXQualityControlHMXQualityControl Harmonix Developer
    edited August 2007
    It stands for 'Super Heroes And Indians Make Us Smile.' Another reason why all of us are totally in love with them.
    edited August 2007
    HMXQualityControl;48411 said:
    It stands for 'Super Heroes And Indians Make Us Smile.' Another reason why all of us are totally in love with them.
    Wow, that just makes them even more kick-ass, that's awesome!
  • PsycoCheerioPsycoCheerio Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Coulton was AWESOME!
    good thing i got to see him at the nerdcore concert, since i missed him playing RB...

I think the Shaimus shirt just has the RB stickers on it...but either way it's pretty rockin'
  • TonemanToneman Unsigned
    edited August 2007
    Every person in the Harmonix booth at PAX is the coolest person ever. Seriously, they all kicked ass.
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    I wanna go home and play Bioshock...will you call my boss and tell her it's ok?
  • edited August 2007
    TheTogfather;48563 said:
    I wanna go home and play Bioshock...will you call my boss and tell her it's ok?
    I'm almost finished with it and it's amazing. Plenty of WTF moments with stuff jumping out at you!!!
  • mobhit101mobhit101 Rising Star
    edited August 2007
    Go play Bioshock! I just finished it the other night. Amazing game and awesome story. Loved every second of it!

Sean, seriously, how do I get one of those shirts/hoodies??? I really (and I mean REALLY) want one of those! I'll wear it every day and every night and walk around the mall or movie theaters or wherever else it is that kids hang out these days ;) The stink of it alone will get people to look at me in disgust and then be like, "oh wow, cool shirt. What is Rock Band?" And then I will bestow upon them all the knowledge I know of Rock Band and convert them! Hook a brotha up!!! :D
  • TheWolf619TheWolf619 Opening Act
    edited August 2007
    That's an awesome shot, man it's getting close to Rock Band time. I can't wait.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited September 2007
    sorry trying to bump away a post accidently posted here