Led Zeppelin Anybody????

WarthogRobbie13WarthogRobbie13 Unsigned
edited January 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Black Dog, Rock & Roll, Immigrant Song, Stairway to Heaven... These are the Greatest Hits of All Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Should Be on Rock Band.

Comments

• SteefSteef Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    The thing about Zeppelin is that there's a lot of parts with no vocals, and even with the vocals they'd be hard!
  • GammaShadeGammaShade Unsigned
    edited March 2008
    I sure am glad "Stairway to Heaven" exists, because man, have I been aching to play an eight-minute song with four minutes of full band action and a solo that doesn't even get interesting until the last 30 seconds. That would be metal as hell.
  • ToopToop Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    There was a little thing in an OXM about Led Zeppelin in Rock Band. They have been in talks about it, but there wasn't anything final.

Led Zeppelin would be amazing, I would download it all.
  • HPLabonteHPLabonte Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    I'd like some zeppelin
  • edited March 2008
    If ANY song HAD to be in RockBand it would have to be stairway
    if i play throygh this game and realise I can't play stairway, all I'll say is 'no staiway, denied!'
    But I'll be dying inside
  • QuaddityQuaddity Rising Star
    edited March 2008
    Like a lot of old bands they probably want to much money to license anything in a game. Would love to see them and Pink Floyd.
  • edited March 2008
    if any zepplin songs are coming out for Rock Band its Black Dog. This song is absolutely perfect..... when i listen to it, i think of the notes scrolling down the screen.
  • MGSolidSnakeMGSolidSnake Opening Act
    edited March 2008
    There should either be a topic or an entire section devoted to Led Zeppelin. This way, we can stop getting all these people asking the same thing over and over again in this part of the forum. Anyone who disobeys will have all their posts annihilated and have their first born eaten by the HMX staff... if they're into that kind of thing. Or they'll just get a slap on the wrist and a stern talking-to.

But in all seriousness... yes, many of us want Led. Chances are likely that it won't happen. I'd be surprised if we even get the intro (Track 1) from the "How the West Was Won" disc set. But stop making new posts and do a search! PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! FOR THE LOVE OF LED!
  • BhindBluEyes430BhindBluEyes430 Road Warrior
    edited March 2008
    Plz somebody make an OFFICIAL LED ZEPPELIN REQUEST THREAD
    its getting anoying 10 new threads on led zep a day

Really theres only a few songs that Would be good for rock band. Personaly I find alot of zeppelin boring. (Exept the early stuff)
  • ToastycheesyToastycheesy Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    no stairway... I cant see that working even though its THE great song.

i'd say

rock and roll
    kasmir
    the ocean
    immigrant song
    black dog
    communication breakdown
  • m00pm00p Banned
    edited April 2008
    GammaShade;408378 said:
    I sure am glad "Stairway to Heaven" exists, because man, have I been aching to play an eight-minute song with four minutes of full band action and a solo that doesn't even get interesting until the last 30 seconds. That would be metal as hell.
    Yeah, compare led zeppelin to metal. Your a smart one. :rolleyes:
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited April 2008
    GammaShade;408378 said:
    I sure am glad "Stairway to Heaven" exists, because man, have I been aching to play an eight-minute song with four minutes of full band action metal as hell.
    There's already one in the game thus invalidating all such arguments towards Stairway or any other such song.
  • Julio_Strikes_BackJulio_Strikes_Back Headliner
    edited April 2008
    WarthogRobbie13;408045 said:
    Black Dog,
    Yes.
    Rock & Roll
    Meh.
    Immigrant Song,
    Meh
    Stairway to Heaven...
    NO.
    These are the Greatest Hits of All Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No.
  • Holy_SanghelliHoly_Sanghelli Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I_LOVE_HMX;408080 said:
    No, no one wants Led Zeppelin.
    EXCUSE ME?!?!??!?!

GO FIST YOURSELF!

if you don't like led zeppelin you officially cannot call yourself a fan of music.
  • Holy_SanghelliHoly_Sanghelli Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    m00p;493107 said:
    Yeah, compare led zeppelin to metal. Your a smart one. :rolleyes:
    Led Zeppelin are widely regarded as the fathers of metal... good call ******
    edited April 2008
    Holy_Sanghelli;493678 said:
    EXCUSE ME?!?!??!?!

GO FIST YOURSELF!

if you don't like led zeppelin you officially cannot call yourself a fan of music.
    The reading comprehension on this board has gone to ****.

He was being sarcastic.
  • csjbosacsjbosa Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Rock and Roll - A fun song on every instrument that would bring a, dare I say, early Rock and Roll vibe to the game. The Drum solo at the end is insane.

Dazed and Confused - Arguably their most metal song with great drums. The middle guitar section could be a unique experience to play.

Black Dog - Self Explanatory

Communication Breakdown - Quick short song to offset the longer tracks. Insanely fun solo.

The Song Remains The Same - Great guitar, epic drums, decent bass and good vocals. The song builds up nicely towards the end.

Stairway to Heaven - I know people are gonna hate, but it is easily their greatest ballad, which would round out the six pack nicely. The vocals would be insane too.

These would be my top choices.
  • Rock_Band_OverRock_Band_Over Road Warrior
    edited April 2008
    What about "Over the Hills and Far Away"? It doesn't seem to be mentioned very often in LZ threads... is it not a good fit for Rock Band? Also, every list of great guitar riffs that I've seen always seems to include "Heartbreaker"... I thought the people who like guitar would be clamoring for that one but it doesn't seem overly popular either. :confused:
  • RipSteakfaceRipSteakface Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I have this inexplicable soft spot in my heart for "Fool in the Rain"... I honestly think it'd be great fun in Rock Band.
  • gguninstallgguninstall Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    zeppelin's management can go suck a dick

if they're insisting on playing hard to get, just leave them

having their song put in rock band could only benefit them in the long run, so it's their loss
  • danskidanski Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    I'll give a bump for the entire catalogue
    edited April 2008
    Rock_Band_Over;493795 said:
    What about "Over the Hills and Far Away"? It doesn't seem to be mentioned very often in LZ threads... is it not a good fit for Rock Band? Also, every list of great guitar riffs that I've seen always seems to include "Heartbreaker"... I thought the people who like guitar would be clamoring for that one but it doesn't seem overly popular either. :confused:
    Over the Hills is repetitive

Although I'd like Heartbreaker
  • ItlanItlan Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    I'd personally love to see "How Many More Times," but I don't see that happening.

Rock & Roll fits perfectly, despite people hating the song so much. And it has been a gigantic song for them.

Whole Lotta Love will always come into discusssion, as will Dazed & Confused. I'd love to see When the Levee Breaks, personally, or Ten Years Gone.
  • Wrathchild998Wrathchild998 Rising Star
    edited April 2008
    This would be a heart-stopping pack for me:
    Good Times Bad Times
    Houses of the Holy
    The Song Remains the Same
  • radicalifornianradicalifornian Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Zep needs to be in Rock Band simply because they are some of the few founding fathers of Rock. I believe them to be the greatest band of all time, even if they aren't my favorite. But seriously...songs like:

Whole Lotta Love
    Achilles' Last Stand
    No Quarter
    What Is and What Should Never Be
    Communication Breakdown
    Ramble On
    Heartbreaker
    Out On the Tiles

...all would rock every instrument. So why not Harmonix???

edit* Not to mention everyone would buy them...(guaranteed money??)
  • wiggumpiwiggumpi Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Almost anything from Zep would be amazing, Stairway being my least desired, great song but man I've heard it too many times! How about Hot Dog!!!
  • jdekkerjdekker Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Led Zeppelin would KICK-ASS in Rockband! The Ocean, Achilles' Last Stand, Heartbreaker, Houses of the Holy, Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven, Out on the Tiles, Rock and Roll, Misty Mountain Hop, Communication Breakdown, Good Times Bad Times, Dazed and Confused, Ramble On, In the Evening, Dancing Days, The Song Remains the Same, Whole Lotta Love, Trampled Under Foot, All of My Love, and so on!
  • packerfan8675309packerfan8675309 Bladder of Steal
    edited April 2008
    i think there could be a whole forum section dedicated to Led Zepplin with all the posts i see. it would surely get more threads than Phase does(no offense)
  • pubman5pubman5 Unsigned
    edited April 2008
    Oh yea, I can see people asking to hear Phase nearly 40 years from now...NOT. Zepplin is one of the greatest bands in R&R history, Even though they've been played to DEATH.:eek:
  • John_SJohn_S Opening Act
    edited April 2008
    Honestly, I can just see my self singing the intro to Immigrant Song. Would be so awesome.

My 6-pack is:
    The Ocean
    Immigrant Song
    Black Dog
    Good Times, Bad Times
    Achilles' Last Stand
    Stairway to Heaven (Don't care if you all say no, this is probably the most notable song by zeppelin)